Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Shocker077
If you're not actually flying UA metal then I don't see why you would. The free checked bags for me and my gf makes it worth us keeping my card open.
At some point i'll fly UA i'm sure. So I guess i'll keep it open just for the checked bag(s).
Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I'm clicking the offer but it redirects to a different URL with a 30K offer. Is the 50+10K dead?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by rover4618
I just got the 50K link using the instructions in the Wiki using Firefox and clearing all cookies first.

I applied and got a message to call Mon - Fri with an app #

Also immediately got an email saying they will either send me the card or an explanation as to why I was denied within 30 days.

I hate those emails. Is this standard ?

Called today. Very friendly rep with several questions about the type of business and the amount grossed for the past 3 years. Several times put on hold and then he asked me if he could move $10,000 from my personal card over to use for the business card and I without hesitation said yep and I got the approval.

Thanks FlyerTalk by not cancelling cards and having credit to swap was what did it in the end.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by AwardBee
I'm clicking the offer but it redirects to a different URL with a 30K offer. Is the 50+10K dead?

Nope, worked for me. You have to clear cookies and such first.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by AwardBee
I've also tried a few times, following the wiki directions and others that had posted hints (clear cookies, using different browsers etc) but also can't get the 50k page. Always defaults to the 30k page. Don't think the deal is dead as some still able to get the link, but maybe Chase have blocked some and not others. Some have suggested maybe linked to status Since deal is still active, I will apply for 30k deal and then SM for better offer when card approved (hopefully) and when card arrives.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit
Nope, worked for me. You have to clear cookies and such first.
Same here...did it today and pulled up the 50K offer. I got the dreaded "under review" message after applying. I feel like that must be somewhat standard with business cards because of the extra scrutiny? I called recon and answered all of their questions and was approved.

Has anyone ever tried to sending a secure message for adding an authorized user (5K miles) like the personal card? I know it's not technically part of this offering, but I'm wondering if they would honor it? I'm going to be about 2500 miles short of what I need after the $2K spend so it would come in quite handy.

I'm also wondering, as someone else posted, if a secure message would net you the $50 statement credit if requested? Anyone have any experience doing it?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, USairways, BA, United, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum
Anyone able to pull the 50k offer today? Used 2 comps, cleared cookies and used 3 browsers and only pulling 30k.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Delta Plat, AA Gold, Avis PresClub
Using a brand new computer and clearing cookies and 30k link comes up for me.
So i went to the Chase Bank and applied and got 50k points after $2k spend in 3 months. Instantly approved with a $33k credit line. They were trying to push some other cruddy chase cards, but i knew what i wanted. They do not offer business cards through this bank though, only online.
She did mention that by the end of this month, the online offers and in bank offers are supposed to line up. She didn't know if that would be 30k, 50k, or maybe something else... i will have my wife wait till then to see what it is.
Also, i recorded this info in my spreadsheet and realized i last applied for this card over 3 years ago, but cancelled it 23 months ago. I hope i am good with the bonus...
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:09 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by truprunbike
So i went to the Chase Bank and applied and got 50k points after $2k spend in 3 months. Instantly approved with a $33k credit line. They were trying to push some other cruddy chase cards, but i knew what i wanted. They do not offer business cards through this bank though, only online.
So did you get a business card or a personal card? This is the business card thread.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Delta Plat, AA Gold, Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
So did you get a business card or a personal card? This is the business card thread.
Just the personal card- just a point of reference for the business card.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: AA, SPG, HERTZ, BA, UA, CO, JB
What I found with these chase business cards is that they are getting harder and more detail with the questioning. Well, not necessarily harder since I just need to answer them but they are definitely a lot more detail than previously. Got approved for this today to take advantage of 8x cruise miles for united cruise.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:36 am

I keep getting ads for the united cruises...don't they add to the rate (like rental cars) to offset the points they are giving you?...or are they comparable to true bargain prices found elsewhere?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wise2u
I keep getting ads for the united cruises...don't they add to the rate (like rental cars) to offset the points they are giving you?...or are they comparable to true bargain prices found elsewhere?
They are not.

Basically you are paying for those miles because I always get better pricing from my cruise only agent. After a few similar findings I dont even bother to check any more.

This is not credit card sign up bonus, there is no "loss leader" effect per se.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:42 pm

United 50k + 10k Business Card

I had tried this and I still get the 30K offer. Am I doing something wrong?

1- Clear your cache/cookies
2- sign/log in to your account @ United.com
3- paste this link: https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPBusiness50kAFW.aspx

Thanks, David
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mckillip
I had tried this and I still get the 30K offer. Am I doing something wrong?

1- Clear your cache/cookies
2- sign/log in to your account @ United.com
3- paste this link: https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPBusiness50kAFW.aspx

Thanks, David
I tried on a couple of accounts and it's reverting to 30K offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.