Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by slotownmomma
Great to know is offer is being sent out. Would love to receive it myself. I think you are safe if you've only had a personal version. Chase approves cards in two separate department for personal and business. These are separate products and I'm almost positive would be viewed completely separate for a bonus. Can't say for sure because I haven't got the biz version yet.....will hope to get a target offer like you. Good luck. Will report back if I do.
I couldn't get the 50K link to show so I applied through a post in this thread ( forget the post #) but the funny part is I could have sworn it was only a 30k offer but I guess it was 50K.

They confirmed my bonus

Thank you for contacting Chase about your United
MileagePlus® credit card account.

We are pleased to confirm you are eligible to receive
50,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in the first 3
months your account is open. You will see these bonus
miles post to your account six-to-eight weeks from the
date the spending requirement is met.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 12:30 pm

Tried every trick and cannot get the 50k to show. Worked doing the method on the personal card...Anybody who tried using the trick here and got the 50k?
Old Oct 9, 2013, 2:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
My united account has 0 miles i didn't know i needed fresh miles so pretty much the most miles i can get now is 30000 miles? Anyone had any luck in getting more? Thanks for everyone's help
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fevercity
Yeah - as mentioned in my post, I had been getting the 50k offer just a month ago. Outlined data points just to illustrate that recent activity may affect eligibility.

As for the insurance - how would they know [personal vs. biz]?

Still debating going the SM / CSR route for the app. Or just getting Bold / CSP.
The underwriter can ask you to submit supporting documents to prove the rental is for business purpose - such as a business trip visiting clients, attending conference etc.

They have every right to refuse coverage should they be not satisfied with the docs you provided.

At least now they cover personal use as secondary. In the past personal use is not covered at all on the biz card!
Old Oct 10, 2013, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by rust1d
Tried every trick and cannot get the 50k to show. Worked doing the method on the personal card...Anybody who tried using the trick here and got the 50k?
I've credited a number of transactions to my UA account over the past few months. They still keep redirecting me to the 30k...
Old Oct 16, 2013, 2:58 pm

one quick question,if I had the personal version of this card shortly before, can I still get the 50k bonus of the business version?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by kinglong
one quick question,if I had the personal version of this card shortly before, can I still get the 50k bonus of the business version?
Yes.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Anybody know if total spend of $25K split between a personal and a business card will meet the threshold for the 2014 PQD waiver? UA has confirmed that spend split between multiple personal cards will count, but I don't think anyone has asked them about personal+business.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nall
I've credited a number of transactions to my UA account over the past few months. They still keep redirecting me to the 30k...
Try use Incognito or Private Browsing and see if it makes any difference.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by Happy
Try use Incognito or Private Browsing and see if it makes any difference.
ive tried incognito, various links, URL manipulation - nothing gets me 50k landing page.
I even have access to UA account that is eligible for 50k personal/business offer, but it pre-populates the name and it cant be changed...

any tips are welcome.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:59 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dsauch
ive tried incognito, various links, URL manipulation - nothing gets me 50k landing page.
I wonder if it helps to have the personal card first? When I got the business 50k link it was after already getting the 50k personal approved and in use.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I wonder if it helps to have the personal card first? When I got the business 50k link it was after already getting the 50k personal approved and in use.
genius! I did try to go "business products>mp business card" and it would detect that I already have a card (even though personal) and was showing me benefits.
I just tried "business products>club card" and then switched to explorer tab and voila! 50k!

Thank you!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
ditto. However now despite I no longer have the personal card only the biz card, I cannot see the personal card offer any more, not even the 30K... No matter. Not enough time pass yet to have a chance to repeat. Though husband's personal was on the same timeline as mine, and he can see the 50K. He does not have the biz though.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 11:07 am

Applied last night using the tab-switching technique listed in the OP; approved instantly. I have no UA status. Currently hold the UA Club card (personal version); had the UA MP Explorer card previously, but canceled it late last year.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Applied last night using the tab-switching technique listed in the OP; approved instantly. I have no UA status. Currently hold the UA Club card (personal version); had the UA MP Explorer card previously, but canceled it late last year.
Thanks for the valuable info that shows having a Club card does not affect the ability to apply the Explorer card.

When I used the tab-switching approach, I got a page of the Explorer's benefits instead. Think the biz Explorer card blocks the access to the personal Explorer because I can see the Club card's offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.