Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Can you get this card if you don't actually have a business? Do they check using your SSN to see if you have been filing tax returns for a business from the address that you list?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 6:41 am

Worked for Me

Originally Posted by patter98
Well that was odd. I went to the united site, clicked link for united explorer business, got landing page for 30K offer, clicked tab for Mileageplus Club business card got offer for $0 first year, clicked tab back to explorer business and boom 50K offer W/2K spend in 3months + the 10K after 25K.

Not sure if this will work for everyone?
+1 here. Well, the deal appeared, I applied and it is pending decision. Thanks for the tip.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:43 am

Awesome, thanks for the heads up on this. Adding this one to my next AOR at the end of the month.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by nickerss
Can you get this card if you don't actually have a business? Do they check using your SSN to see if you have been filing tax returns for a business from the address that you list?
You don't need to have a business in any formal sense. (And they usually do not even ask you what sort of business you have. But if they do ask, answer honestly. For example, perhaps you do some sort of consulting, or landscaping work, or you teach piano? In other words, maybe you do some sort of side work and you want to keep separate any expenses related to that work.) For the name of the business you can simply put your own first and last name. You do need to have filed any business-type tax returns.

YMMV; in some cases, with some credit card companies, they do ask for documentation of a formal business.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by spermwhale
+1 here. Well, the deal appeared, I applied and it is pending decision. Thanks for the tip.
Too bad I didn't see this last week. At the time, I checked my account and only saw the 30K bonus offer for the explorer biz card (I'd been waiting for 50K offer to come back). I clicked on the biz club card tab and I got $0 AF first year offer (which wasn't offered to me before) so decided to get the club card this time. Looking at it today, the 50K offer now shows up. Oh well.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:37 am

I cant get a the 50,000 offer to pop up. Not sure which link you are clicking on.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Plat4Life 3.9mm, UA, BA, Intergalactic Spacelines
Got Mine

Post #9 worked for me. I had to log into my account first however.
I just got approved. 50K (edit) The browser I used was "Internet Explorer".
Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:07 am

I've logged into my United account, click on products and Services>get credit card>then click on unite mileageplus buisness which opens a new window and then click to the club card tab and back and nothing. is this how everyone is doing it?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:46 am

Yep!

Originally Posted by MBrownyard1
I've logged into my United account, click on products and Services>get credit card>then click on unite mileageplus buisness which opens a new window and then click to the club card tab and back and nothing. is this how everyone is doing it?
That certainly sounds like what I did. I guess it is YMMV.

The first window, after clicking to get a business card showed up with a 30K offer. Then opened the tab for the club card. Then opened the tab for the Explorer Business card again and, voila, it had changed to a 50K offer.

Sorry it didn't work for you.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by patter98
Well that was odd. I went to the united site, clicked link for united explorer business, got landing page for 30K offer, clicked tab for Mileageplus Club business card got offer for $0 first year, clicked tab back to explorer business and boom 50K offer W/2K spend in 3months + the 10K after 25K.

Not sure if this will work for everyone?
Thanks patter98, followed your instruction, got my 50K/2K spand last night...
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by spermwhale
Ditto, same method, saw the 50k and applied. Pending, but thanks for the tip.

Edit: Recon call, credit switcharoo and approved.

Last edited by jsmithv; Jun 27, 2013 at 8:53 am
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by summerdayshopping
Thanks patter98, followed your instruction, got my 50K/2K spand last night...
Worked for me as well. Thanks. Now just have to wait for the mail to see if I'm approved.

Thanks muji for that explanation. I think I do have some business which will qualify.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Thanks for the post. It seems like if you're targeted for the 50k personal card, then you'll have 50k business card offer.
I have the personal Explorer, and I can't get the offer to show up.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:54 am

pdf?

Could someone please post a PDF of the 50+10 offer landing page?

I think that would help those of us that can't get it directly, but plan to send a SM requesting it.

Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by johnnie198x
Thanks for the post. It seems like if you're targeted for the 50k personal card, then you'll have 50k business card offer.
I have the personal Explorer, and I can't get the offer to show up.
I wasn't targeted for the 50k personal card...I already have the personal Explorer too, and it worked for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.