Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Happy
You dont seem to understand the process of inquiries and why sometimes they only result to one.

Again, it has nothing to do with personal or business. It ONLY happens when the pulls are all from SAME bureau. if Chase pulls DIFFERENT bureaus on each app, you will see the pulls on their respective reports.

And I repeat, sometimes Chase pulls TWO reports on ONE application, when that happens, there would be TWO pulls - one on each respective report, for only ONE application which can be a personal or a biz. It is not an uncommon practice either. It actually happened to me for a good part of 2013.
I guess it does have to do with personal and business cards as I suspected, I applied for the united business card and the chase Marriott card same time using the 2bm and I got 2 pulls on experian
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:25 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by fresar
I guess it does have to do with personal and business cards as I suspected, I applied for the united business card and the chase Marriott card same time using the 2bm and I got 2 pulls on experian
How many EQNs did you get on your Marriott account?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
my application is still pending
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fresar
Get your experian report to see the EXACT Address Chase used to do the pulls. When they are from different entities they would not merge.

I can tell you that when I get a Marriott personal and an Ink Plus on the same day last May, the 2 pulls ended up combined into one because only one shown on the EQ.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:41 pm

I am real tempted to apply for this card. I have the united personal MP already. My only concern is that I just got approved for the Ink Plus about 4 months ago (back in late October). I only got a 5k line and have only put about 7k in spending so far. Also, on my last personal chase application back in Nov. I had to call in and move limits to open the BA card. I have 5 personal and 1 Biz chase cards in a span of 2 years. Have accumulated over 100k miles with United so another 50k would look nice. Should I just go for it or wait a couple of more months to show usage on my Ink card? The problem is I have a trip to Asia coming up in the summer and I am afraid I will not meet the spend bonus if I wait a little longer.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dodgers702
I am real tempted to apply for this card. I have the united personal MP already. My only concern is that I just got approved for the Ink Plus about 4 months ago (back in late October). I only got a 5k line and have only put about 7k in spending so far. Also, on my last personal chase application back in Nov. I had to call in and move limits to open the BA card. I have 5 personal and 1 Biz chase cards in a span of 2 years. Have accumulated over 100k miles with United so another 50k would look nice. Should I just go for it or wait a couple of more months to show usage on my Ink card? The problem is I have a trip to Asia coming up in the summer and I am afraid I will not meet the spend bonus if I wait a little longer.
if you only got a 5k line last time, you should be concerned.... just my opinion. Chase has always made me move around my 60 k personal and 70 k business when I want a new card. then again I have 7 right now, between the two..... maybe you should look at some other banks for additional cards. I want to get one too, but I just picked up 2 new cards last month 1personal and 1 business. only had to move the biz lines around.... ''

if you only have 1 chase biz card, maybe its an option.., if you have a real business, why not pick up other bank biz cards as they are easy miles?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:39 pm

swap for ink bold?

I recently was approved for ritz personal after shuffling some credit. Only Biz I have are bold and plus, former approaching AF in the next few.
Is this a good candidate for a charge to cc swap, as in, apply for MP Biz, call into cancel bold and swap credits? Any similar experiences?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:18 pm

if you have a real business; can you use the EIN for a second person to apply for a business card, or should you apply for the second person under their own personal SS#?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
if you have a real business; can you use the EIN for a second person to apply for a business card, or should you apply for the second person under their own personal SS#?
Yes. I have a Tax ID number for my business and get the same biz cards for both me and my wife using the same tax id, so two bonuses.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by jamesfl
Yes. I have a Tax ID number for my business and get the same biz cards for both me and my wife using the same tax id, so two bonuses.
Thank You
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Applied today and called Chase to provide more information. After answering some quick questions, the rep said that he was recommending my application for approval at 10k CL. He said the final decision would come in a week or so, and that I'd get the card shortly after.

When I got the Ink, the rep was able to approve my card on the phone and send the card right out.

What's up with this "recommending the application for approval"? I asked him if I needed to move any credit around, and he said, "Not at this time." He seemed very pleasant. Is this just the language they use now? Should I expect approval, or do I still have hurdles to clear?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 5:22 pm

is this the best offer out there? does the biz version not come with additional miles for AU (or I guess employee cards?) or a statement credit?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
Similar case with me with my recent UA biz card application. Based on my experience I'd suggest calling again in a few days to check on status. I was told the exact same thing three separate times before it was finally processed a few weeks into it. Not sure what's up with Chase processing these days, but pretty frustrating situation.

HOUFLY, there are other similar offers currently available (AA, Ink, etc.) but this UA biz card is pretty good. In addition to the 50K bonus miles, the airline cards are now beginning to compete better with the non-airline cards, in my opinion, by offering multiple points for other purchases. I like the fact that this UA card offers double points on restaurant and gas purchased, as well as office supply stores (although Ink still does better on that front). It's nice getting double points on something other than ticket purchases. RE: AU, I'm not aware of any biz card offering additional points/miles for an authorized user like personal cards offer.

Originally Posted by bentrmpt
Applied today and called Chase to provide more information. After answering some quick questions, the rep said that he was recommending my application for approval at 10k CL. He said the final decision would come in a week or so, and that I'd get the card shortly after.

When I got the Ink, the rep was able to approve my card on the phone and send the card right out.

What's up with this "recommending the application for approval"? I asked him if I needed to move any credit around, and he said, "Not at this time." He seemed very pleasant. Is this just the language they use now? Should I expect approval, or do I still have hurdles to clear?

Last edited by jacknyoc; Mar 22, 2015 at 12:21 pm Reason: Additional Information
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by jacknyoc
Similar case with me with my recent UA biz card application. Based on my experience I'd suggest calling again in a few days to check on status. I was told the exact same thing three separate times before it was finally processed a few weeks into it. Not sure what's up with Chase processing these days, but pretty frustrating situation.

HOUFLY, there are other similar offers currently available (AA, Ink, etc.) but this UA biz card is pretty good. In addition to the 50K bonus miles, the airline cards are now beginning to compete better with the non-airline cards, in my opinion, by offering multiple points for other purchases. I like the fact that this UA card offers double points on restaurant and gas purchased, as well as office supply stores (although Ink still does better on that front). It's nice getting double points on something other than ticket purchases. RE: AU, I'm not aware of any biz card offering additional points/miles for an authorized user like personal cards offer.
it looks like my UA Biz app is still under review... after having one hell of a recon call last yr for an Ink Bold, I've decided not to call the biz recon lines. the bold eventually got declined but a couple months later got approved for the Ink Plus, didnt call in this time. just got an email after a few days of the good news.

but its been many days and no word/news on what's going on with the UA Biz app. I'm weary of calling in if the same dept handles this as the ones that handle Ink Biz cards. I dont mind waiting, as I'm in no rush. any suggestions/tips?

btw what do you by similar offers available for AA, ink? are you talking about the amount of miles offered as sign up? I'm aware of the 50-60k offers on these other cards. but I was asking if this is the best/highest offer the UA biz ever gets? some other cards have yearly promos (which I'm waiting for) when they have higher sign up bonuses. so just wanted to make sure this was the highest public offer for the UA biz.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:47 pm

and thanks for the heads up about dbl points, but yeah I got those category spends covered with other cards offering higher points, esp after the massive UA deval last yr. even 2x aint worth it.

although I do have a Q, I already have the personal card and spend $25k to get the 10k bonus miles. does this card also offer that benefit and is it concurrent/independent of the personal card? or am I only limited to one 10k yearly bonus for $25k spend?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.