FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Heads Up: New United Explorer Card Benefit - No Foreign Transaction Fees (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1469241-heads-up-new-united-explorer-card-benefit-no-foreign-transaction-fees.html)

UA Insider May 22, 2013 7:13 am

Heads Up: New United Explorer Card Benefit - No Foreign Transaction Fees

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you a heads up on a new benefit we're about to announce for the Chase MileagePlus Explorer Credit Card – no foreign transaction fees. This already exists for the MileagePlus Club card, and will soon be extended to all current and new Explorer accounts. Look for this to start up for all purchases made on or after June 1st.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines

DOUDOU1980 May 22, 2013 7:25 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 20791885)
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you a heads up on a new benefit we're about to announce for the Chase MileagePlus Explorer Credit Card – no foreign transaction fees. This already exists for the MileagePlus Club card, and will soon be extended to all current and new Explorer accounts. Look for this to start up for all purchases made on or after June 1st.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines

that is nice. are both personal and business cards no foreign exchange fee?

ric_wx May 22, 2013 7:36 am

How about the Mileage Plus Select card?

Also, to best assist the international traveler, why not offer chip and PIN?

mgmsteven May 22, 2013 7:55 am

This is a change we like. But as suggested above, how about the Mileage Plus Select card. When traveling out of the country (which is often), I always use my Priority Club Visa. Recently, in Israel, I accidentally used my Mileage Plus Select card. The charge was $97.98. The international transaction fee added an additional $2.93.

ok2uselane May 22, 2013 7:58 am

Originally Posted by ric_wx (Post 20792009)

+1

UA-NYC May 22, 2013 8:34 am

Originally Posted by mgmsteven (Post 20792092)
This is a change we like. But as suggested above, how about the Mileage Plus Select card. When traveling out of the country (which is often), I always use my Priority Club Visa. Recently, in Israel, I accidentally used my Mileage Plus Select card. The charge was $97.98. The international transaction fee added an additional $2.93.

I'd love it for my old Platinum card too - but since these are legacy cards not currently offered, I doubt we'll see them with add'l benefits retroactively.

clublounger May 22, 2013 8:58 am

Fantastic !

My MP Explorer card JUST became my card of choice when I travel.

Thanks.

WhyPayRent May 22, 2013 9:04 am

Sweet. Thank you chase. Definitely very useful.

jcmantaray May 22, 2013 9:29 am

Originally Posted by clublounger (Post 20792428)
Fantastic !

Thanks.

Same here! Definitely excited to earn more miles overseas as well. ^

skimple May 22, 2013 10:16 am

That is the first actual improvement that I've seen in any of United's products in a long time.

What's the catch? Higher annual fee?

flyingmusicianlax May 22, 2013 10:20 am

What?! I didn't notice with all the Explorer ads around here touting the same. :o

milepig May 22, 2013 10:23 am

Originally Posted by ric_wx (Post 20792009)

I Chase rep I spoke with last week said the the card was "the last of the affinity cards without the option" and is "all set to go but that they're waiting on UA to approve the design." I wonder if he knew what he was talking about.

GregMM May 22, 2013 10:29 am

Excellent, I just got the email. This is just in time for my next TATL trip on the 8th. Thanks a lot, now just get the Chip an PIN added and I can ditch my Travelex prepaid card.

drewguy May 22, 2013 10:30 am

Originally Posted by clublounger (Post 20792428)
Fantastic !

Thanks.

+1. I had previously never used the card overseas because it was not competitive with Capital One's zero fee. Now I will.

Thanks United and Chase for a new, real, tangible benefit.

northpole999 May 22, 2013 11:05 am

Finally, a change I actually like... :)