Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

It's pretty annoying that chase credit card can only make payment every 3 days

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

I used citi forward before, and because of the low credit limit with high volatility of spending, I often have to use cell phone/website to make payment through checking account, and the experience is pretty good. citi forward available credit will recover immediate, no matter when I made the payment (midnight, weekend, all work)

Now I began to use Chase Freedom, though I have chase checking, but it's stupid that i can only make payment 3 days after last payment, and if I make payment after 8PM EST, the available credit will not recover until next day.

Such stupid design is pretty annoying, and for a couple of times, I have to wait until next morning to book tickets.

Today it's even stupid, I was unexpected to asked to pay for dinner of a group people (will get reimburse), and i realized I don't have enough credit, but the time is too late, the payment could be available the next day.

Is there anyway to avoid it to make life easier?

Thanks
Old May 1, 2013, 7:01 am
wcj

Push the funds, don't pull them.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
I find this limitation annoying as well. Also wish I could pre-pay before a charge clears like Amex allows, but no dice.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
I find this limitation annoying as well. Also wish I could pre-pay before a charge clears like Amex allows, but no dice.
Like was said, push the funds. Pay from a bank account's (or Blubird's) bill pay feature rather than the credit card's and you can pay all you want, as often as you want, pay for charges that are still pending, etc.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Like was said, push the funds. Pay from a bank account's (or Blubird's) bill pay feature rather than the credit card's and you can pay all you want, as often as you want, pay for charges that are still pending, etc.
If I push the fund, can the available credit recover immediately?
Old May 1, 2013, 8:54 am
Original Poster

I just tried to to use bill pay in the chase checking account side, but it still says:

You already have a payment scheduled within three days of the date you requested.

Do you mean I use checking account from different bank? But that will be a 3 days delay.
Old May 1, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by Lovevas
If I push the fund, can the available credit recover immediately?
I don't know about every bank, but Bluebird bill pay for small (less than 1000) amounts posts to Chase late the next day for me, and the available credit recovers as soon as it posts to the CC.
Have you tried calling the number on the card? If you explain the situation they may have another way to allow a payment over the phone after you reach a CSR. Citi has even let me pay with a debit card to free up credit to for purchases, and that posted and gave me the available credit before I hung up.
Old May 1, 2013, 9:50 am
Original Poster

I don't know about every bank, but Bluebird bill pay for small (less than 1000) amounts posts to Chase late the next day for me, and the available credit recovers as soon as it posts to the CC.
Have you tried calling the number on the card? If you explain the situation they may have another way to allow a payment over the phone after you reach a CSR. Citi has even let me pay with a debit card to free up credit to for purchases, and that posted and gave me the available credit before I hung up.
Chase has policy to allow payment after 8PM EST only if its the due date, so for me, i have to pay frequently, it's annoying.

Probably I will continue to use my citi forward card, since it's pretty easy to make payment.
Old May 1, 2013, 2:54 pm

I agree it's pretty annoying. What about asking for a credit limit increase?
Old May 1, 2013, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I agree it's pretty annoying. What about asking for a credit limit increase?
I don't have long credit history, I only have this card for 2 month, and i heard the credit increase is hard pull, so I prefer to request few month later.
Old May 1, 2013, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Ya son, you need a higher credit limit or more cards. But yes, it is annoying nevertheless.
Old May 1, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: A bunch
I agree this is annoying and a few months ago it wasnt like that. Before you could transfer funds to your credit card from a chase account when ever and where ever. I think perhaps they didnt want people prepaying the card down and then just using it like a debit card this avoiding actually incurring debt? I dont know but its not the the most customer service approach. I think this is the only thing i would change with chase card products otherwise they are great.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stoutman11
I agree this is annoying and a few months ago it wasnt like that. Before you could transfer funds to your credit card from a chase account when ever and where ever. I think perhaps they didnt want people prepaying the card down and then just using it like a debit card this avoiding actually incurring debt? I dont know but its not the the most customer service approach. I think this is the only thing i would change with chase card products otherwise they are great.
I used citi for long, and was not satisfied with their website. I heard Chase has very good service in credit card, so I applied for freedom, but actually Chase disappointed in the payment, especially my credit limit is much lower than citi, so really annoying to use chase freedom.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:48 pm

That's what I thought too when I tried to prepay a large amount on my Citi card to cover flight and travel expenses, but when I did push a payment from my bank in the amount of 5k, the next day when the payment posted it showed a reversal and got a call from a Citi rep telling me I can't do that again because they suspect money laundering activity is going on, which I think it very stupid because another rep suggested this to me anyways when I declined a increase credit for a hard pull.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
I am sure that the 3-day limit only applies per payment type. You can submit a payment to ACH from your checking account one day, and have Bluebird pay the very next day.

Either way, if you have adequate limits and can plan payments, it is not hard to work around it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.