Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:53 am
Suspended

I move some points almost monthly and I’ve never had an issue. Mine have shown up by the time I log-in to United (no more than 30 seconds).
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I had two friends transfer points from their Ultimate Rewards accounts to newly created mileage plus accounts. One was instant but the other we're still waiting on. Of course both companies are like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. We'll wait another day or two and then start to escalate. Hopefully this will not be too big of a hassle.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:45 pm

DP: Transferred points about 12 hours ago, and this transfer has still not arrived. Transferred more points about 20 minutes ago, which arrived instantly. Called Chase, they said it's a United problem. Called United, they said wait 48 hours then call us again but we won't open a case before that (but, by the way, would I like to apply for the United Club Card???). Meanwhile, the first award I wanted is gone. Fingers crossed on the second.

Random theory - second transfer happened soon after midnight Eastern. Wondering if something resets at that time to make these more likely to succeed?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
7/25/19 50K Transfer Not Instant Chase No Help

I tried to transfer 50K UR points to UA MP for a flight tomorrow. I have transfered points from UR to MP before and it has always been instant, and I had never read about a glitch prevening instant transfers from UR to MP.

I called Chase and they gave me the BS that it can take 1-7 days, even though it is typically instant. They had no idea what the issue could be as to why the transfer was not instant. They did an escallation but said the escallation team might not respond for days.

I have another ticket booked for tomorrow on DL but the UA routing has better times.

People clearly rely on the instant transfers, and it is maddening that Chase reps have no information as to why the transfer is not working and they don't have a way to interface with the back office teams that handle the transfers.

Chase (and any other large company) treats you like garbage whether you have a food stamps card or a Sapphire card; same difference; if you try to step out of their scripted answers, for which they have no explanations or help. The reps don't have any resources besides the scripted answers they give like bots.

What if someone was transferring miles to see someone that was terminally ill, it sounds like there is nothing Chase would do!

And they do create the impression (despite what their fine print says) that the transfer will be instant. I have never read about a problem like this until googling and finding this thread.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I am now victim to a non-instant UR to UA transfer . I think my mistake was doing 2 separate transfers to the same account on the same day (~1.5 hours apart).

First transfer to book outbound tickets went through instantly and I completed my booking. At that time the return was not available at all on UA. About 1.5 hours later I checked again and voila, my desired return popped up. So I went to transfer more points to UA but unfortunately it was NOT instant and now I'm afraid I will lose the return award. And reading this thread I know there is nobody to talk to about it. So infuriating.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 6:27 pm

For those of you who have had delayed transfers, I'm wondering about the timing of the emails from Chase. For my first transfer I got 2 emails seconds apart - first one to tell me that its processing and second that its complete. For my second transfer I only got the processing email so far. Did everyone get an email telling them the transfer was completed when it finally was?

I am so nervous that my awards are going to disappear and am at a total loss as to what to do.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:32 pm

Just to update, I definitely think that the issue happened because it was a second transfer to the same account within a short time span. Those 2 transfers I made were to my spouse's UA account. First one successful and second one still hasn't posted. Not wanting to risk losing the awards I transferred the points to MY United account instead and it was instant. Awards have been successfully booked. I should have done it this way in the first place but I was thinking that in the off chance we need to cancel within 24 hours I'll have all the points in one account. Now they'll be in two...

Now I'll see what will happen to that transfer that has still not posted. I'm not happy that I will have extra miles parked in UA but at least now they don't expire.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
Now I'll see what will happen to that transfer that has still not posted. I'm not happy that I will have extra miles parked in UA but at least now they don't expire.
I seem to be having a running monologue here . Happy to provide data point though.

I tried contacting Chase Support via Twitter PM and telling them 2 transfers were instant and one wasn't but they just repeatedly said I need to wait the 7 days.

I got the email stating transfer was complete at 9:02 a.m. this morning, precisely 13 hours and 15 minutes after it was initiated. This has no rhyme and reason. The awards I booked last night are actually still wide open but there was no way for me to have known that. My ideal outbound flights had no longer been available by the time I finalized my plans and I didn't want this ideal return flight to disappear on me too.

So now I have miles parked with United with no future plans for them. Oh well, first world problems .
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:48 am

Yet another victim here.
UR points not yet transferred (more than 24 hours)….
(This was not any special situation...just a single transfer of UR to UA)

Wrote to Chase....they gave the same BS "will take 7 days to transfer".

This really sucks.

Chase should stop saying on their website that most transfers are instantaneous .
Old Dec 25, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by friedablass
Just to update, I definitely think that the issue happened because it was a second transfer to the same account within a short time span. Those 2 transfers I made were to my spouse's UA account.
I recently did two transfers to my UA account within a short timespan (bad math, don’t ask). Both were processed instantly.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I recently did two transfers to my UA account within a short timespan (bad math, don’t ask). Both were processed instantly.
I guess it's a YMMV situation. Like I said, no rhyme or reason because I ended doing a third transfer which was instant so 2/3 were instant.

Its just frustrating that #1 there's always the possibility that a transfer will NOT be instant so you shouldn't expect it to be and #2 when it's not instant you don't know if it will take 10 hours, 25 hours, 3 days, or more. So if you have your eye on an award and don't want to risk losing it you will need to do another transfer and hope that one will be instant.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:46 am

How long chase points transfer to United for AU?

I need to transfer 120k chase pints to my AU’s United account . By rule, it’s possible and I did it last time but the transfer time wasn’t instant. It’s instant if it’s my own United account. Has anything changed or any data points on this? I’m afraid by the time points transferred to my AU, the seats are gone!
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by flybie
.... the transfer time wasn’t instant. It’s instant if it’s my own United account.
This is likely just a coincidence:

Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:55 pm

It happened to me today. It's only been 1.5 hours so far, but I'm afraid it will take awhile. And this is for a big multi-city trip to Africa with only a few seats remaining, so I'm pretty nervous! I transferred 136,000 points! I imagine the size could be part of it, and/or the fact that I didn't have my United account linked with Chase until today. Fingers crossed that it goes through soon! I'm also on hold with United hoping they can hold it for me until the points post (tomorrow?)...
--Kyle
Old Jan 18, 2020, 9:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

maybe the points are there even though United says they are not

I transferred points and they did not appear at my (brand new) United account. I logged out, cleared cache and cookies, and logged in; still no points. Nonetheless, I proceeded to book the reward flight that had caused me to transfer points in the first place. The booking went through, and a confirmation page said the points were deducted from my United account, which then reported that I (still) had zero points.

It was my first time booking at the United web site and I was just looking to see what the reservation web pages would look like while I killed time hoping the points would appear; I was really surprised when the booking went through. My suggestion for someone whose points don't appear is to try to make a reservation anyway.

Maybe I got lucky and the points appeared after I last checked and before I made the reservation, or maybe the points are there and the web site's right hand isn't talking to the left hand.
kyleay likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.