Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by lgusti
Had similar issue with this delay on transferring the UR to Mileageplus.

On Thu 10/12 - 9PM PST, transferred 1,000 points to test, received instantly
On Thu 10/12 - 9:15PM PST, transferred 254,000 points, still not showing up until today Monday 10/16, 10:57 AM PST

This is driving me nuts, I've been calling both United and Chase, and both keep pointing finger at each other. I've done these big transfer every year when we go on vacation, and never had this issue before.

On the weekend when I called United, they insisted that it has to be 72 hours before they can do anything.
Early AM today when I called united and told them it has been 72 hours, and they told me it's Chase issue, nothing they can do on their end.

I called Chase again and they're going to escalate it to their Marketing department.

Chase told me that it might take 1-7 business day to transfer to partner and it's not instant, I told them that their email confirmation for the transfer did not specify that, here is the exact language Most point transfers process instantly. Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and IHG Rewards Club point transfers usually process by next business day. Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer point transfers process within 2 business days.

I just hope when everything is all taken care of, my reward flight still available, otherwise I'm going to get stuck with United points.

Quick update, this morning Chase UR got posted back to the Chase account.
I then redo the transfer and it posted instantly on United account and I was able to book my award ticket.

This is probably due to the escalation to the Chase Marketing Department yesterday, I called Chase and insist on them to escalate the issue.

My conclusion is, if you passed 72 hours and have not seen your point posted, go call Chase to escalate your issue, United cannot do anything on their end.

Don't believe Chase when they say it might take 7 days, it's ridiculous.
United supervisor told me they've been having a lot of issue with UR transfer lately.

Thank You.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Date Point: 12 hours to transfer

I transferred 147k CSP card points to United MileagePlus last night, and it took 12 hours for the points to arrive into the United account. No harm done in this case because the award was still available.

BTW, United has an award redemption devaluation announced and scheduled to go into effect after Oct 31. Not all routes, but many international ones.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:35 am

Also Experiencing UR to UA Transfer Delay

Initiated a transfer online from my Ink Plus card. Also have CSR. I have made many transfers to this United account, and this is the first time the transfer has not posted within a few minutes.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:07 pm

I just went through this song and dance. On Sunday I tried to transfer over 100k+ points; the Chase UR page took some time to submit. I finally "succeeded" and I got the email, but the points never landed in my MileagePlus account. My wife's transfer shortly thereafter went through fine. A day later, I transferred 1000 points to see if that would "kick" my pending request; the Chase UR page finished it pretty quickly, leading me to believe that my original request timed out along the way.

After a few days of waiting and calls, the Chase agent informed me that my Chase UR account had the old value of points back. I guess the transaction was canceled. *shrug*

I retried the transfer. The page submitted it quickly. Refreshing the webpage and/or logging out/logging in wasn't showing the updated total. It was only when I used an incognito window did the homepage show the new mileage total!

So I guess there were two issues at play here:
1. My original transfer request timed out and was canceled/rolled back
2. United must be caching the mileage total in the cookie. So signing out/re-signing in is not sufficient...you should try fresh incognito sessions.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:16 am

CSP ultimate reward points to United

I typically transfer all my UR points to United. There has always been instant turnaround. Yesterday, I attempted transfer, and my computer seemed to hiccup, but the points were deducted from my UR account. However, they were not credited to my United account. The United reps were not helpful (not a surprise) but the Chase Sapphire Preferred people (who usually are helpful) told me that recently there was a change and it can take 1-7 business days for the points to show on United, but everything seems to have went through.

For those who transferred recently, does it now take longer to transfer to United? Also, should I be concerned that it has been about 24 hours so far? Usually, the transfer is instant. I am not traveling any time soon, so I am not under a time crunch; just don't want to lose the points. Was 7,000 point xfer.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by samnc0
I typically transfer all my UR points to United. There has always been instant turnaround. Yesterday, I attempted transfer, and my computer seemed to hiccup, but the points were deducted from my UR account. However, they were not credited to my United account. The United reps were not helpful (not a surprise) but the Chase Sapphire Preferred people (who usually are helpful) told me that recently there was a change and it can take 1-7 business days for the points to show on United, but everything seems to have went through.

For those who transferred recently, does it now take longer to transfer to United? Also, should I be concerned that it has been about 24 hours so far? Usually, the transfer is instant. I am not traveling any time soon, so I am not under a time crunch; just don't want to lose the points. Was 7,000 point xfer.
That's sort of what this whole thread is about, right? That what was once a guaranteed instant transfer is no longer the case.

If you read through the thread, it seems to be very much a YMMV type of thing as to how long the transfer takes to show up in your UA MP account.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:09 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator explanantion

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
That's sort of what this whole thread is about, right? ...
Correct, but samnc0 started a new thread and I merged the question into this one. You can see the pointer left after the merge when viewing the list of threads.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:47 am

I am also experiencing this issue. I'm currently helping my parents redeem their UR for some award tickets through United. Transferred 85,000 yesterday at 11am, miles posted instantly. At around 1pm, I transferred another 85,000 to pick up another ticket. UR were deducted from their account, but never posted to United. United says they can only wait until miles post, and there's no way for them to see if there's some kind of issue. My father called CSP help line, and the agent said that United can take 1-7 days to transfer, and the status of the second transfer is "in progress". United has ALWAYS been instant transfers for me...is it possible there's a new policy? The only thing i can think of is that transferring the same amount of points only a few hours after the first transfer triggered some kind of fraud alert or was rejected by United as an error. I've read that this (occasionally) happens with other programs, where a repeat transfer of the same amount is considered a mistake by the computer. Just wanted to put this info out there as a DP and see if it fits with anyone else's experience.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:37 am

3 days and counting. Chase support is basically telling me to f*** off claiming it can take up to seven business days.

I did notice when I initially submitted the transfer that it took several minutes to submit, but it eventually came back with a confirmation.

This account has been linked for years and successful transfers have been made before. I have never transferred to any other United accounts.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:31 am

Finally reversed (transfer changed to 0 in UR account) after five days and two escalations. Re-tried the transfer and it went instantly.

Originally Posted by samnc0
Yesterday, I attempted transfer, and my computer seemed to hiccup, but the points were deducted from my UR account. However, they were not credited to my United account.
Originally Posted by rogerntan
I just went through this song and dance. On Sunday I tried to transfer over 100k+ points; the Chase UR page took some time to submit. I finally "succeeded" and I got the email, but the points never landed in my MileagePlus account.
I retried the transfer. The page submitted it quickly.
Moral of the story is that if it takes a while to submit the transfer and get to the confirmation page, it probably failed, and you will have to fight to get the points credited back in a reasonable period of time.

Last edited by aradisc; Jun 29, 2018 at 11:50 am
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Plat, United 1P
Final Edit (8/22): Sometime between 108 (4.5 days) hours and 114 hours (4.75 days) is when I received my miles. Unfortunately, my award is now gone - not sure how I feel about being stuck with United miles.

Original post (8/20):
I started a transfer on Friday, Aug 17 @ 7:50pm for 109K miles, however, after 60+ hours, no miles have been posted. This is a transfer between two of my accounts under my name, and I have done a number of instantaneous transfers before.

Things I have tried:
  • Call Chase Sapphire Reserve - Quick to answer the phone call, but also quick to tell you it's United fault. Reps seem to make up the window for when it's supposed to be posted. I have heard anywhere from instant to 2-3 days to 7-10 days. An agent even told me that if I'm not seeing the miles, it means that everyone is similarly waiting as well. Based on this forum, that claim seems like fake news. It goes to tell you Chase reps don't know what's going on. On day 4, however, an agent was willing to help me escalate to its marketing team. I am, however, not sure if this contributed to me ultimately (pun intended) receiving my miles.
  • Call MileagePlus - Quick to answer the phone call, but also quick to tell you to call Chase. I feel like I'm in Sarte's No Exit play. One even tried to sell the United / Chase credit card to me, and I tried the "Hang-up and call again" method multiple times
  • Call International Desk - This is by far the most helpful. If you cite this problem, the International Desk will put the award on hold while you wait for your miles, especially if it's a United ticket. If it's a partner ticket (in my case), it will depend on the agent and supervisor on duty. However, the hold for partner ticket is only for a day. If the day runs out, you are on your own
I will keep people posted when the miles arrive to complete the data point, but sadly, there is not much to be done but wait. I hope this doesn't happen to others, but if it does, know you are in good company.

Last edited by eyeh921; Aug 22, 2018 at 4:37 pm Reason: Update
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Instant transfer yesterday. 84,000 UR points to UA Mileage Plus.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:29 pm

Add me to the list. Went to transfer about 80K UR points to United to make a return booking from Europe to the US. Luckily the trip is 9 months out. UR portion of Chase site did not load at all for me so I called and had the points transferred by phone. That's happened a time or two before. Points were sent over almost immediately, but they did not appear in my United account after multiple log out/log ins. Tried the incognito browser idea suggested above and no dice. It's only been about 30 minutes. I did receive an email from Chase saying my transfer is "in progress" and they will email me when it is complete. This is a first for me, having transferred instantly before both online and by phone. Will keep folks posted. Luckily I have about 9 months before this trip so not sweating it too much.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:00 pm

Issues with Transfer to United

I've been trying to transfer points to United for an award booking and mileage upgrade for the past week to no avail. I've spoken with United and Chase and the issue is on Chase's end. After several calls (because that's the only way to check on the status of the escalation ticket submitted a week ago), they haven't fixed the problem and I've received mixed feedback on whether this is a pervasive issue or just one affecting my account.

Has anyone successfully transferred UR points to United's MileagePlus program in the past week?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Has anyone successfully transferred UR points to United's MileagePlus program in the past week?
I just moved 280k last night...took 20 hours before they showed up on the United side. Had me worried the seat availability would vanish but I got lucky.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.