Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by chicagofreeman
The frequent flyer # is correct.
In that case, then I would follow up with UA, especially if it's been more than a week because as detailed by ilc104 it took a week for the points to hit his/her account.

Originally Posted by ilc104
Update: Hallelujah! This morning 4/30, exactly one week after I requested a 38K UR transfer to United, the points hit my United account!

Last week, I asked if I could cancel the 38K transaction and the Chase representative said they could cancel but it could take up to 7-10 business days for the 38K to be credited back to my UR account. I didn't want to risk having the second transaction stalled again, so I didn't bother canceling the transaction.
Glad to hear the points got there in the end - definitely a good idea that you didn't cancel and waited it out. I'm just wondering what makes some transfers take a couple of days to go through while it seems that most are instant?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 6:45 pm

Did they escalate it to the marketing department?

Originally Posted by ilc104
Update: Hallelujah! This morning 4/30, exactly one week after I requested a 38K UR transfer to United, the points hit my United account!

Last week, I asked if I could cancel the 38K transaction and the Chase representative said they could cancel but it could take up to 7-10 business days for the 38K to be credited back to my UR account. I didn't want to risk having the second transaction stalled again, so I didn't bother canceling the transaction.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:23 am

yes, the chase representative escalated the issue to the marketing department on 4/27.

Originally Posted by chicagofreeman
Did they escalate it to the marketing department?
Old May 1, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: many
This is an ongoing issue as of late. UA denies seeing the transfer, but they actually DO see it. UA reps have dug deeper into the accounts and do see the transfers but other UA reps and UA supervisors 'claim' not to. This requires chase to escalate or united will stall as long as they can. Chase is doing their part, it's United who's not participating here. Be very mindful this was a supposed glitch more than a week ago, and still continuing now. Do not trust United if you have important awards to redeem in any immediate fashion.
Old May 2, 2013, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
This is an ongoing issue as of late. UA denies seeing the transfer, but they actually DO see it. UA reps have dug deeper into the accounts and do see the transfers but other UA reps and UA supervisors 'claim' not to. This requires chase to escalate or united will stall as long as they can. Chase is doing their part, it's United who's not participating here. Be very mindful this was a supposed glitch more than a week ago, and still continuing now. Do not trust United if you have important awards to redeem in any immediate fashion.
I had 63k points transfered last weekend and needed the transafer as i had an award ticket on HOLD - it went through instantly and i am glad it did ! i would have been in trouble and the ticket released. i'll keep it on the safe side next time but if united is stalling on these points then thats not good...especially if you needed them right away for a booking
Old Jun 27, 2013, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Unhappy Traferring UR->UA MP - Delay

In my experience, the transfer is immediate. This has not gone through for 30 minutes. I know that's not a long time, but I have this sneaking suspicion that it either goes through immediately, or there is something wrong with the transfer. I have a hold on a reward expiring tomorrow night. Of course Chase says "one to two days". Should I bother try and escalate it now, or wait until tomorrow afternoon when I've only got 6 hours left.

I guess my question is: If the transfer didn't happen immediately, will it ever happen (within one to two days) or is it doomed?

Also, I have enough UR's that I could do the transfer again and fight to get the original ones back (assuming the new one goes through immediately).

Does it ever work "overnight" of after a day, or is it doomed if it didn't happen right away?

Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:31 am

Why haven't my UR points transfered to United ?

I have a United reservation on hold for 24 hrs. I transferred my Ink Bold points, my wife's Sapphire points and 5000 of her Bold points, and my Sapphire points to my United account last night. They all transferred except my Sapphire points.(53k) What's up? Called the # on the back of the card today and she said it could take up to 72 hrs. Do I have options? Did I trigger something by making all those transfers? It's a HUGE award ticket and I don't even want to chance it... any help or insight would be greatly appreciated...Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
They probably won't do anything until 72 hours, so unless they show up earlier, you probably have to wait until then.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I'd call CSP again and see if you can get a more helpful agent. When I transferred a couple of months ago it happened while I was on the line with United.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:01 pm

Called CSP twice, United once. United no help...waiting on the points from Chase. First CSP rep transferred me to a Chase/United rep...wait 2 business days. Transferred to a CSP supervisor, she said points were transferred, check my account. Guess what...no points. Maybe wait 24 hours. Second call I asked CSP if multiple transfers could be causing this and was assured it was not. " You can do 20 ". She said she sees the transfer just have to wait. I am not very good at that especially with an 8 segment Europe/Asia reservation pending the completion of this. I think cocktail hour is going to start early today!!
Old Aug 25, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by ctdohert2
Called CSP twice, United once. United no help...waiting on the points from Chase. First CSP rep transferred me to a Chase/United rep...wait 2 business days. Transferred to a CSP supervisor, she said points were transferred, check my account. Guess what...no points. Maybe wait 24 hours. Second call I asked CSP if multiple transfers could be causing this and was assured it was not. " You can do 20 ". She said she sees the transfer just have to wait. I am not very good at that especially with an 8 segment Europe/Asia reservation pending the completion of this. I think cocktail hour is going to start early today!!
Can you pay for farelock? Not ideal, but losing the reservation is probably worse...

In any case, unless your trip contains a route that is very unusual to open for awards or coming up in the next week, you'd be unlucky to lose a segment in the next 24 hours...
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:00 pm

There are partner flights included so Fare Lock is not an option. A United supervisor actually opened 3 seats in business on a flight from ORD- CDG that had none just because an agent quoted me a fare in miles that they couldn't honor an hour later...turned a connection into a direct flight.. AMAZING... No way I am losing this, I don't care who I have to call tomorrow.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:16 pm

Quick question -- I transferred my UR to my husband's UA account (he's an AU on my CSP too) yesterday and they still haven't posted. I have a flight reserved that I'm waiting to pay for with points and it is going to be canceled at midnight. Should I bother calling Chase to see if they can hurry up and get the points transferred? I'm disappointed that it wasn't an instantaneous transfer like others have reported.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by ctdohert2
There are partner flights included so Fare Lock is not an option. A United supervisor actually opened 3 seats in business on a flight from ORD- CDG that had none just because an agent quoted me a fare in miles that they couldn't honor an hour later...turned a connection into a direct flight.. AMAZING... No way I am losing this, I don't care who I have to call tomorrow.
So what happened?

This delay just occurred to me. Requested points last night and despite escalation to the marketing dept, still no points in my MP account 24 hours later. Chase rep confirmed my MP number was correct on the transfer. Always disconcerting when awards at stake
Old Sep 23, 2013, 5:51 pm

Ink Plus and transfering points to united miles

From my understanding, we can transfer our points directly to united miles on a 1:1 ratio.

How long does it take for the processing to complete and is there a fee?

Last edited by heehee62; Sep 24, 2013 at 5:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.