Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Old Nov 29, 12, 6:11 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Portland, Maine
Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Posts: 1,170
Originally Posted by djrez4 View Post
87k points transferred instantly this evening.
Yes BUT were they from your UR account to your own UA account?
tasnam is offline  
Old Nov 29, 12, 8:39 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 5280/8150
Programs: Flying and sleeping
Posts: 341
That's what I get for reading a thread in the morning and responding in the evening without looking at it again. Yes, my account to my account.
djrez4 is offline  
Old Mar 31, 13, 10:30 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Around The World
Programs: ALL :)
Posts: 384
Is there a hard and fast rule, that if you transfer from three accounts that they put it on hold? I transferred from my business account, my personal, and my wife's personal, The third transfer did not go through. Is this within 24 hours that the limit applies? Please PM me if you have insight.
steventravel is offline  
Old Apr 29, 13, 11:14 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

I transferred a few thousand points from my UR to united. It has been a few days. I have not receive the points in my united account yet. Is this normal? I heard the process should be instant.

Thanks for input.
chicagofreeman is offline  
Old Apr 29, 13, 11:46 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 60
Usually it is instant. I transferred 10K last month. Last year when I transferred ~100K points it took 3 days to show up on UA account.
MileLife is offline  
Old Apr 29, 13, 12:21 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Programs: co,skymiles hilton a.a usair
Posts: 290
Transfer 78k last month and 51k this month both times transfer show instantly
chavjs is offline  
Old Apr 29, 13, 12:27 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: CA
Programs: BA, AA, United
Posts: 425
I have transferred a few times this year and it has always been instant
rambo is offline  
Old Apr 29, 13, 12:50 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,082
Originally Posted by chicagofreeman View Post
I transferred a few thousand points from my UR to united. It has been a few days. I have not receive the points in my united account yet. Is this normal? I heard the process should be instant.

Thanks for input.
Welcome to Flyertalk. It sounds like you need to follow-up on this. Transfers for others have been instant.
cottonpatch is offline  
Old Apr 29, 13, 1:21 pm
  #24  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by cottonpatch View Post
Welcome to Flyertalk. It sounds like you need to follow-up on this. Transfers for others have been instant.
I just transferred around 150k UR to UA last week and it was instant. There were some reports a few months ago of some points being stuck in limbo. You need to call chase and ask them to release the miles.
businessmachine is offline  
Old Apr 29, 13, 2:53 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: Delta Silver until they quit Covid renewals
Posts: 913
It sounds like this is not the OP's problem, but at times with WN, Hyatt and United to see the transfer right away I've needed to logoff the partner site and log back on.
highops is offline  
Old Apr 29, 13, 9:58 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold
Posts: 1,700
Originally Posted by highops View Post
It sounds like this is not the OP's problem, but at times with WN, Hyatt and United to see the transfer right away I've needed to logoff the partner site and log back on.
I'm sure that the OP has automatically been logged out of his account since it's been a few days, so if he didn't see them when he logged in again then it's not there, so no, it sounds like there is some other problem. Maybe he mistakenly put in a wrong digit for his frequent flyer number. Certainly needs a follow up with Chase.
friedablass is online now  
Old Apr 29, 13, 11:17 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
I've had the same issue with my Chase UR points to United! My boyfriend and I are traveling to Europe this summer and are flying with Lufthansa. We put our tickets on hold with United in order to transfer UR to our accounts.

On 4/22, I requested a 4K point transfer to my boyfriend's United MileagePlus account to top off his account (we live together so that falls under "domestic partnership"). The transfer went through immediately.

On 4/23, I requested a trasnfer of 38K UR to my United MileagePlus account, but the points didn't go through. The next day, I called Chase to tell them the issue and they told me to wait 72 hours. By that time, my boyfriend had to ticket his award since the deadline was able to expire. I called United and asked them to extend my award. They were able to extend for another 72 hours but that "it would be final".

On 4/26, I called Chase back again to let them know of the issue. They told me that the transfer went through but they would "escalate the issue internally" and I would hear a response within 7-10 business days. I asked that the Chase representative call United with me on the line so they would look into the issue together. With Chase on the line, United was able to extend my award hold for another 72 hours.

Today, 4/29, 6 days after my initial transfer request, the points still have not posted in my United account. I had to repeat the process and call both Chase/United and have United extend my hold explain the situation and I was able to extend my hold on my award ticket until 4/29.for another 72 hours.

This is extremely frustrating since I have an international ticket on hold with United and I have absolutely no idea when my UR points will hit my account! I could cancel my UR transaction but that would take another 7-10 days and I have no idea how much longer I can hold the award travel for. I'm flying with Lufthansa, and it might be harder to hold an award for United. Can anyone help me with this issue????
ilc104 is offline  
Old Apr 30, 13, 1:15 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
I called them and was told they will escalate the issue to marketing department. They said it will take 7-10 business days. I do not understand why the points just disappeared. Can you still cancel the transaction and get the points back to the UR account?


Originally Posted by ilc104 View Post
I've had the same issue with my Chase UR points to United! My boyfriend and I are traveling to Europe this summer and are flying with Lufthansa. We put our tickets on hold with United in order to transfer UR to our accounts.

On 4/22, I requested a 4K point transfer to my boyfriend's United MileagePlus account to top off his account (we live together so that falls under "domestic partnership"). The transfer went through immediately.

On 4/23, I requested a trasnfer of 38K UR to my United MileagePlus account, but the points didn't go through. The next day, I called Chase to tell them the issue and they told me to wait 72 hours. By that time, my boyfriend had to ticket his award since the deadline was able to expire. I called United and asked them to extend my award. They were able to extend for another 72 hours but that "it would be final".

On 4/26, I called Chase back again to let them know of the issue. They told me that the transfer went through but they would "escalate the issue internally" and I would hear a response within 7-10 business days. I asked that the Chase representative call United with me on the line so they would look into the issue together. With Chase on the line, United was able to extend my award hold for another 72 hours.

Today, 4/29, 6 days after my initial transfer request, the points still have not posted in my United account. I had to repeat the process and call both Chase/United and have United extend my hold explain the situation and I was able to extend my hold on my award ticket until 4/29.for another 72 hours.

This is extremely frustrating since I have an international ticket on hold with United and I have absolutely no idea when my UR points will hit my account! I could cancel my UR transaction but that would take another 7-10 days and I have no idea how much longer I can hold the award travel for. I'm flying with Lufthansa, and it might be harder to hold an award for United. Can anyone help me with this issue????
chicagofreeman is offline  
Old Apr 30, 13, 2:25 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
The frequent flyer # is correct.

Originally Posted by friedablass View Post
I'm sure that the OP has automatically been logged out of his account since it's been a few days, so if he didn't see them when he logged in again then it's not there, so no, it sounds like there is some other problem. Maybe he mistakenly put in a wrong digit for his frequent flyer number. Certainly needs a follow up with Chase.
chicagofreeman is offline  
Old Apr 30, 13, 2:32 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
Update: Hallelujah! This morning 4/30, exactly one week after I requested a 38K UR transfer to United, the points hit my United account!

Last week, I asked if I could cancel the 38K transaction and the Chase representative said they could cancel but it could take up to 7-10 business days for the 38K to be credited back to my UR account. I didn't want to risk having the second transaction stalled again, so I didn't bother canceling the transaction.
ilc104 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: