Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Old May 18, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: Amex MR; Chase UR
Quick data point: had requested transfer of some tens of thousands of points on Saturday, 4/30. Actual time to hitting my United account was delayed by about 24 hours. Was the first time I'd seen a delay, too.
snic likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For some, the transfers are reliably not instant. I suspect the c. 3 day delays which I am seeing on transfers for some accounts are a function of cross-checking of account info beyond just the name and FFP number on the account.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Now I'm at ~36 hours post-transfer. I called Chase this morning (~24 hours) and they said they executed the transfer and the problem is on United's end. I called UA and the agent checked with the technical people, and reported back that there was some problem with the system and the transfer would be complete by the end of the day. Well, it's 8:45 pm and still no points.

EDIT: Points finally showed up about 40 hours post-transfer. Award seat was still available so all is good, but it's a bit nerve wracking.

Last edited by snic; May 20, 2022 at 6:48 pm
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:18 pm

Datapoint for my SO.

Couldn't do a transfer online (Chase said special handling required, call in) so we called in and it is a name issue. After some back and forth between Chase and United there was a nice agent on Chase side that was able to do the transfer. As expected it was not instantaneous and I was on the edge of my seat hoping the award flights don't disappear. Thankfully points showed up after about 26 hours and was alerted of the fact by the "Your transfer is complete" email from Chase.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by travelbugging
Datapoint for my SO.

Couldn't do a transfer online (Chase said special handling required, call in) so we called in and it is a name issue. After some back and forth between Chase and United there was a nice agent on Chase side that was able to do the transfer. As expected it was not instantaneous and I was on the edge of my seat hoping the award flights don't disappear. Thankfully points showed up after about 26 hours and was alerted of the fact by the "Your transfer is complete" email from Chase.

I see a similar message for my wife on my Chase account. Was the name issue related to the middle name?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I see a similar message for my wife on my Chase account. Was the name issue related to the middle name?
Yea. SO had an extra initial in his middle name on Chase account but not United account.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by snic
Now I'm at ~36 hours post-transfer. I called Chase this morning (~24 hours) and they said they executed the transfer and the problem is on United's end. I called UA and the agent checked with the technical people, and reported back that there was some problem with the system and the transfer would be complete by the end of the day. Well, it's 8:45 pm and still no points.

EDIT: Points finally showed up about 40 hours post-transfer. Award seat was still available so all is good, but it's a bit nerve wracking.
Maybe some of these delays on transferring are on Chase’s end.

Just noticed that some transfers to VS accounts weren’t instant last night, and there was neither any partial name discrepancy nor any address discrepancy issue.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:48 am

Having the same issues and chase and United keep passing the ball to each other. This is frustrating and the worst service. Been waiting for over four days now.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:32 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of slow transfers to partners other than United Airlines have been moved: Ultimate Rewards - Airline and Hotel Transfer Partners, Rules, Timelines, (2017 on)
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:37 pm

Hi all - has something changed? I can't seem to find "transfer to travel partners" from my Rewards Home - trying to transfer Chase UR points to United. Thank you
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
Hi all - has something changed? I can't seem to find "transfer to travel partners" from my Rewards Home - trying to transfer Chase UR points to United. Thank you
Just making sure, but you do have a card that is eligible for transfers such as CSR or CSP? If you do, make sure you have that card selected.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:14 am

Any recent DPs for UR to UA transfer time?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:14 am

Went ahead and tried - transfer 37k UR to UA - received instantly in UA account
mia and RNE like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
Just making sure, but you do have a card that is eligible for transfers such as CSR or CSP? If you do, make sure you have that card selected.
Ah, that may be the case? I used to have the saphire reserve. Converted to a Freedom Unlimited. I guess this means I can't transfer to United or any other airlines anymore?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
Ah, that may be the case? I used to have the saphire reserve. Converted to a Freedom Unlimited. I guess this means I can't transfer to United or any other airlines anymore?
Correct. You need at least CSR, CSP, or the Ink Business Preferred in order to transfer.

Regards
MitzEclipse likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.