FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   United explorer card..churnable? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1461149-united-explorer-card-churnable.html)

samnc0 Apr 23, 2013 7:59 pm

United explorer card..churnable?

Mynexplorer card is almost at the one year mark. Is this card churnable? I heard there must be non activity of the card for two yrs to get the bonus.

If I do not keep the card, how can I keep my miles from expiring?

imslippy Apr 23, 2013 8:18 pm

United explorer card..churnable

you can fly on united. you can buy miles. you can do a few things. just need to show activity.

jgxtrav1 Apr 24, 2013 7:23 am

Originally Posted by samnc0 (Post 20642404)
Mynexplorer card is almost at the one year mark. Is this card churnable? I heard there must be non activity of the card for two yrs to get the bonus.

If I do not keep the card, how can I keep my miles from expiring?

My experience has been:

Get the card
Charge the necssary $$$ to get the bonus
Pay the bill/s
After 8-9 months of having the card, do one more charge to extend the expiration date one more time
Pay the outstanding balance right away (before the statement comes)
After this statement comes and it's set of miles post to my UA account, cancel the card (before the 1 year anniversary)
Wait 366 days after cancellation then repeat!

businessmachine Apr 24, 2013 10:07 am

[QUOTE=jgxtrav1;20644336]My experience has been:

Get the card
Pay the bill/s
After 8-9 months of having the card, do one more charge to extend the expiration date one more time
After this statement comes and it's set of miles post to my UA account, cancel the card (before the 1 year anniversary)
Wait 366 days after cancellation then repeat![/QUOTE

The card is churnable and you do not have to wait a year. Feel free to PM me if you need to know how

sharka Apr 30, 2013 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by jgxtrav1 (Post 20644336)
My experience has been:

Get the card
Pay the bill/s
Wait 366 days after cancellation then repeat!

I also had my 1 yr anniversary come up a week ago and since they offer to switch me to the United no fee card with no credit pull, I took the offer . But now wondering if having the no fee United card will get me denied for the United Explorer card in the future as they are very similar cards? Any thoughts if I should cancel the no fee card so I could get another sign on bonus a year from now with United/Chase.