Chase Freedom $300 offer back?

Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
Glad to know I'm not the only one patiently waiting for a good offer on the Freedom to jump on...
Youre not the only one. I missed my chance last year when they had the Freedom offer. Couldnt jump on it as I had too many inquiries at the time and the deal ended quickly before I had a chance. Hoping for my next shot at it.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:50 am

My friend who is a personal banker at chase told me it would be $100 for at least the entire first quarter. I was waiting an waiting, but they I realized it was just costing me. I spend $300/month on cable and phones, so that was $12/month I was losing just there (since you get 5% back and I was only getting 1% with my other cards). And probably lost another $100 on amazon and gas
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:07 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sonofagunk
... I spend $300/month on cable and phones, so that was $12/month I was losing just there (since you get 5% back and I was only getting 1% with my other cards)....
Freedom does not award 5 points per dollar on cable television or telephone service. Those categories require an Ink business card:

https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu...business-cards
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sonofagunk
My friend who is a personal banker at chase told me it would be $100 for at least the entire first quarter. I was waiting an waiting, but they I realized it was just costing me. I spend $300/month on cable and phones, so that was $12/month I was losing just there (since you get 5% back and I was only getting 1% with my other cards). And probably lost another $100 on amazon and gas
It was my understanding that Chase bankers/bank branches have no knowledge or access to whats going to happen with signup bonuses, aside from whatever is currently publicly available. This is what I was told when I asked at a branch.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:28 am

Any sign-up bonus a for new Freedom card?

I have a Sapphire Preferred and want to get a Freedom card for quarterly bonus categories. Does Chase ever offer a sign-up bonus for this card?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:37 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Susan4's question has been appended to the most recent discussion of this topic. The largest signup bonus was 30,000 points, discussed in this thread from late 2011:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...5-10-post.html

Freedom is marketed as a cash back card, but actually earns Ultimate Rewards points. $300 refers to a 30,000 point offer.

The current public offer is $100 = 10,000 points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.