Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Dead]Chase Sapphire Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat...basically all the status you can get for free...
the quest for the CSP MC lives on...

Originally Posted by monkeywrencher
I've never had any CSP before but I needed a MC not Visa. After much searching ...I found the link here: http://www.frequentflyeruniversity.c...n-ultimat.html after about 2 hours of searching.
Today was my 2nd AOR, and I had hoped to apply for the CSP in MC form. (This is my first CSP...I know I'm late to the party...) Unfortunately, I could not get the MC link from your link to work for me - when I submitted the application, I was told that an error had occurred and my application was not submitted. I ended up settling for the CSP Visa.

In the spirit of sharing data points, I thought I'd let everyone know that I couldn't get this MC link to work. I hope others have better luck, but I suspect that this is a dead link...
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Maybe it has been blackballed...

In a weird twist, neither the Chase gift card site nor the LHR Collection site will acknowledge my CSP MasterCard is a "Chase" card. When I enter the card number, or portion thereof, both sites state that I need a valid Chase card.

I got my CSP MC back in Feb. It works fine (used it at lunch today!), spend thousands on it, account open, etc.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:15 pm

I had a Visa CSP x years ago, but closed it out about 7 months ago. What is the timeframe for opening the MC CSP? Does it run from account opening or closing?
Old May 1, 2013, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
I had a Visa CSP x years ago, but closed it out about 7 months ago. What is the timeframe for opening the MC CSP? Does it run from account opening or closing?
I would like to know that as well
Old May 2, 2013, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by BrySei22
Today was my 2nd AOR, and I had hoped to apply for the CSP in MC form. (This is my first CSP...I know I'm late to the party...) Unfortunately, I could not get the MC link from your link to work for me - when I submitted the application, I was told that an error had occurred and my application was not submitted. I ended up settling for the CSP Visa.

In the spirit of sharing data points, I thought I'd let everyone know that I couldn't get this MC link to work. I hope others have better luck, but I suspect that this is a dead link...
Does anyone else have a working link for a CSP Mastercard?
Old May 4, 2013, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Does anyone else have a working link for a CSP Mastercard?
I saw this: http://www.frequentflyeruniversity.c...n-ultimat.html

but I don't know if it's really for a MC.
Old May 4, 2013, 1:24 pm

Is there a max number of Chase cards one can have?

Right now, I have a Chase Business Marriott. I want to open a Chase Sapphire (personal), a Chase Saphhire Business and a Chase Marriott (personal) card. So, in the end, I would have 2 Chase personal and 2 Chase business.

How far apart to I need to space the apps? Is it better to apply for 2 in the same day, then wait 30+ days and then apply for the third?
Old May 4, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by Long Islander
Is there a max number of Chase cards one can have?

Right now, I have a Chase Business Marriott. I want to open a Chase Sapphire (personal), a Chase Saphhire Business and a Chase Marriott (personal) card. So, in the end, I would have 2 Chase personal and 2 Chase business.

How far apart to I need to space the apps? Is it better to apply for 2 in the same day, then wait 30+ days and then apply for the third?
I currently have 11 personal, and 2 business. When I'm denied, my notices actually say something like maximum permitted number of cards by our bank - regardless, underwriters will allow me to open new cards by moving credit, or closing other cards.

There isn't a Sapphire Business card; I assume you mean an Ink Plus / Bold. Two or three approvals are possible, but it will likely depend on your relationship with Chase, your credit report, income, business, etc. You may need to call an underwriter afterwards, if you're rejected.

I'd recommend checking out the Consolidated Chase Application thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html
Old May 4, 2013, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by chrisj500
I currently have 11 personal, and 2 business. When I'm denied, my notices actually say something like maximum permitted number of cards by our bank - regardless, underwriters will allow me to open new cards by moving credit, or closing other cards.

There isn't a Sapphire Business card; I assume you mean an Ink Plus / Bold. Two or three approvals are possible, but it will likely depend on your relationship with Chase, your credit report, income, business, etc. You may need to call an underwriter afterwards, if you're rejected.

I'd recommend checking out the Consolidated Chase Application thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html
Thanks. Is Ink Bold a MC or Visa? And can you transfer Ink Bold points to the same list of airlines as Saphhire?
Old May 4, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
As long as the card is closed or product changed, I think you're fine. I just received the 2nd sign up bonus today, and I PC'd my CSP Visa to a Freedom about a year ago.

I don't know if there is a time line. I know many folks waited less time than I did, and received the 2nd bonus.

Last edited by chrisj500; May 4, 2013 at 3:08 pm
Old May 4, 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Long Islander
Thanks. Is Ink Bold a MC or Visa? And can you transfer Ink Bold points to the same list of airlines as Saphhire?
Much like the CSP, it can be either. In the Bold's case, I think you're more likely to receive the MasterCard version whereas the CSP tends to be a VISA. You may be able to choose versions if you seek out a link from Visa, Mastercard, etc. - but make sure you get the 50,000 UR points bonus with it.

You can transfer the Ink Bold points just like you can the CSP. You can also move them between the CSP / Bold as long both accounts belong to you, if you'd prefer to have them in one pool.

Also the Bold has different bonus categories, like 5 UR points for Office Supply Stores / Internet / Phone, etc. - which is pretty useful to me.
Old May 4, 2013, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by chrisj500
You can transfer the Ink Bold points just like you can the CSP. You can also move them between the CSP / Bold as long both accounts belong to you, if you'd prefer to have them in one pool.
That's great to know because then I only need to keep track of one program rather than two.
Old May 4, 2013, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by webazoid
I saw this: http://www.frequentflyeruniversity.c...n-ultimat.html

but I don't know if it's really for a MC.
Thank you! I had actually tried the link on that page a few days ago and it failed, but today it works!
Old May 4, 2013, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Thank you! I had actually tried the link on that page a few days ago and it failed, but today it works!
were u instantly approved? any wording on if it is a mc?
Old May 5, 2013, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by webazoid
were u instantly approved? any wording on if it is a mc?
I'll report back, but I'm not applying until the end of the month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.