Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Dead]Chase Sapphire Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2013, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by highops
Within the last week I turned a CSP Visa into a Freedom Visa despite having a Freedom Mastercard.
Thanks for the data point.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum
Anyone still has an active link for CSP master card? I looked through all the threads but couldn't find one... It seems like all the links are disabled now.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by pork1781
Anyone still has an active link for CSP master card? I looked through all the threads but couldn't find one... It seems like all the links are disabled now.
I just added the word "Dead" to the title line so more folks don't get confused. Hopefully it will reappear & we will change the title. But one blogger said that Chase will stop issuing the INK cards in a MC version. Will this happen across the board at Chase?
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by jennbar
I recently converted my CSP (1 month after opening) to a WMC. Hoping to be able to apply for another in a few months and get 40k again! So valuable!

Well, most likely I am dreaming; however, I decided to SM Chase and I got this answer...
Thank you for contacting Chase about applying for a
Sapphire credit card.

I regret that our policy no longer allows for customers
to have more than one credit card in the same product.
Applications for a card product you already have may not
be eligible for approval.
Originally Posted by keirnna
The word I have always received from Chase a card holder may only have one Sapphire card. Sure some people have done it, but the policy has been only one. So just downgrade it to a Freedom.
I don't think someone answered this. So @jennbar, if you downgrade your current CSP WMC to a Freedom, in the (near of far) future can you apply for a CSP Visa and get the bonus?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:34 am

Well, since the MC link is no longer active and we're all hoping/waiting for it to come back, why would you downgrade to a Freedom? Wouldn't it be better to downgrade from CSP to CS? The CS doesn't have AFs and you still get 2x on dining. Then if and when the CSP MC comes back, you can immediately downgrade to Freedom and apply for the CSP MC.

Wouldn't this be better? I'm due to get hit with my AF soon and am thinking about this but I don't know if it would be the better option.

Also, another question: Why do you guys downgrade from CSP to Freedom? Wouldn't it be better to close CSP and then apply for the Freedom for the 10k sign-up bonus?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by pkoo
Also, another question: Why do you guys downgrade from CSP to Freedom? Wouldn't it be better to close CSP and then apply for the Freedom for the 10k sign-up bonus?
Downgrading CSP (or another Chase card) to Freedom is a way to get a second Freeedom card (effectively doubling your 5% quarterly bonus caps). I don't believe you can apply for a second Freedom card outright.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 11:00 am

Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding your point. In my case, I've only held the CSP Visa. I never had a Freedom card. So wouldn't it make sense for me to close my CSP and apply for the Freedom if I wanted to go this route?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by pkoo
Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding your point. In my case, I've only held the CSP Visa. I never had a Freedom card. So wouldn't it make sense for me to close my CSP and apply for the Freedom if I wanted to go this route?
You asked: "Why do you guys downgrade from CSP to Freedom? Wouldn't it be better to close CSP and then apply for the Freedom for the 10k sign-up bonus?"

I was answering your question. One reason people downgrade from CSP to Freedom is to get a second Freedom card (this is the only way I know of to proactively get one). This obviously wouldn't apply to you since you don't have a Freedom card already. If you don't mind the HP and AAoA hit, then yes, you should apply from the Freedom outright to get the 10k sign-up bonus.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 11:10 am

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.