Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Dead]Chase Sapphire Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by augustus21
I don't think we'll see a return of the MC CSP. Chase and Visa are working closer than ever and a recent business deal requires that Chase shift even more credit and debit card volume to Visa.
I had not seen that article about Chase and Visa. Thank you for the post.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 9:13 pm

just an update, my 40k points posted, using the link from this thread CSP MC.
had the CSP Visa with 100k points, then downgraded to no fee, account still open.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 9:33 pm

I got my 40,000 too. Downgraded my CSP Visa to a freedom.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by augustus21
I don't think we'll see a return of the MC CSP. Chase and Visa are working closer than ever and a recent business deal requires that Chase shift even more credit and debit card volume to Visa.
Virtually all the Chase Ink cards are MC, so I am sure Chase still maintains a healthy business relationship with MC in addition to Visa.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Time traveller
Virtually all the Chase Ink cards are MC, so I am sure Chase still maintains a healthy business relationship with MC in addition to Visa.
I hope so! I didn't know almost all the Ink cards are MCs. Would you say like 90%? I have no idea...
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
I hope so! I didn't know almost all the Ink cards are MCs. Would you say like 90%? I have no idea...
I don't believe there are visa versions of the current iteration of ink cards.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:21 am

Just wanted to followup, I was able to downgrade my CSP Visa to a no-fee CS Visa and apply and get approved for the CSP MC. Still waiting for points to post, although the rep did confirm the sign-up bonus.

Friend was initially denied the CSP MC after downgrading her CSP Visa to a no-fee CS Visa (rep said they were the same product), so she converted her CS Visa to a Chase Freedom and then called the rep back, and is now approved for the CSP MC. Waiting for the card to call and confirm the sign-up bonus.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by nsmn4945
Just wanted to followup, I was able to downgrade my CSP Visa to a no-fee CS Visa and apply and get approved for the CSP MC. Still waiting for points to post, although the rep did confirm the sign-up bonus.

Friend was initially denied the CSP MC after downgrading her CSP Visa to a no-fee CS Visa (rep said they were the same product), so she converted her CS Visa to a Chase Freedom and then called the rep back, and is now approved for the CSP MC. Waiting for the card to call and confirm the sign-up bonus.
When did you do this? And if you did this recently, what link did you use for the CSP MC?
Thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:13 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Just today called in to inquire about the MC... long story short, I was able to PC my old CS Visa to the CSP MC - annual fee waived for 1 year, but no bonus point - yeah, yeah a cardinal sin on here - but at this time cannot risk a new credit pull.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by jamflyer
Just today called in to inquire about the MC... long story short, I was able to PC my old CS Visa to the CSP MC - annual fee waived for 1 year, but no bonus point - yeah, yeah a cardinal sin on here - but at this time cannot risk a new credit pull.
Did you need the preferred to transfer your points out? Or did you have any other reason?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:52 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by jatink129
Did you need the preferred to transfer your points out? Or did you have any other reason?
I wanted a replacement for my Citi Thank You Premier MC.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:12 pm

I have a reverse situation than most of I what has been posted. When I applied for the Saphire Preferred over a year ago I received the master card version instead of the visa, I don't know why.

Do you think I could downgrade it and now get the visa? Has anyone else had this happen?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by felicity5
I have a reverse situation than most of I what has been posted. When I applied for the Saphire Preferred over a year ago I received the master card version instead of the visa, I don't know why.

Do you think I could downgrade it and now get the visa? Has anyone else had this happen?
Yes.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:55 am

Just a little note if it is any help.

Called today to change my Chase Freedom into a WMC. The CSR said that, although unsure of why, it was not allowed to be changed from a Visa Platinum to WMC at this time. I have had the card for over six months.

He looked into other options and offered to convert my CSP to a WMC. I asked if there would be any hard inquiries done with this (promised no), and I went through with converting.

I believe that I will now wait about six months and apply for the CSP Visa Signature to get the duplicate sign-up bonus and downgrade my new CSP WMC to a regular MC.

My question is, do you think I will be able to receive the sign-up bonus again if I originally applied for a CSP Visa Signature before I converted it?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
Yes.
Can you please elaborate? We're you in this situation? Did you receive the m/c and then get the visa? Did you downgrade the m/c before applying?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.