Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Closed My Sapphire Account & Took the UR Points...HELP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Closed My Sapphire Account & Took the UR Points...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
The plot thickens...
Spoke to the executive office today who would not even grant me a penny per point, though also didn't dispute that there's no terminology in the agreement that says they can do what they want with the points when they want, which the airlines do have. I then suggested I was following up with the CFPB, in which she said "fine but that will go right to me. Go ahead and file but we'll just be having this same conversation in a week." Seems like a dumb thing to encourage me to file with the government. I was under the impression that's a bad thing for them.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
That's why it's better not to keep points in Chase accounts. It is your lesson.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dparkinson
The plot thickens...
Spoke to the executive office today who would not even grant me a penny per point, though also didn't dispute that there's no terminology in the agreement that says they can do what they want with the points when they want, which the airlines do have. I then suggested I was following up with the CFPB, in which she said "fine but that will go right to me. Go ahead and file but we'll just be having this same conversation in a week." Seems like a dumb thing to encourage me to file with the government. I was under the impression that's a bad thing for them.
If all your banking activities (late night cash deposits, then immediately transferred to pay card etc etc) are all supported with legitimate activities, do complain to CFPB.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
I would be curious, too, what sort of amounts of cash you had deposited. Are you talking about 1-2k or 10k+?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: Lotz
Chase is cancelling all accounts on more than a few for no apparent reason and confiscating UR points. To be continued...
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
My suggestion is that you must transfer all your points out if you know that you will do something wrong...

Last edited by happy9zz; Mar 10, 2013 at 12:47 am
Old Mar 8, 2013, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by SCEflyer
No one, including the OP will know if an SAR has been filed unless the US attorney who has jurisdiction decides to open an investigation. Even at that point it would probably remain confidential until a decision is made whether or not to pursue the matter.
The points made in this statement are completely incorrect.

Last edited by Ducati; Mar 8, 2013 at 11:51 pm
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happy9zz
I knew Chase will close my Freedom account. That's why I transfer around 600k points to my United and Hyatt before my Freedom was closed 2 months ago. Then, I am just approved for another Chase cards last week, this time I will not do any crazy about these cards because I dont want to get blacklist by Chase ka ka ka. So my suggestion is that you must transfer all your points out if you know that you will do something wrong...
Did you use a script to maximize the 10 pt per transaction bonus? Otherwise how one could accumulate this size of balance from a Freedom card?

Interestingly Chase does not blacklist you as some folks on FW reported they were blacklisted by Chase when they abused the Freedom 10pt per transaction bonus.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:39 am

Did you use a script to maximize the 10 pt per transaction bonus? Otherwise how one could accumulate this size of balance from a Freedom card?
I have heard about this guy who wrote a script when I read on this forum and boardingarea. That's guy was smart. I dont know about anything about the script. In other words, I didn't write any script. I just did used my ten keys to do a lot a lot and a lot of transactions. Right now, I am doing it with bank of america for keep the change program to earn my second $1250 a year. There are another union bank and a capital one checking account that have the same function with bank of america keep the change. I will use my "secret weapon" to earn more money at Union bank and capital one. I want to share my "secret weapon" but I am afraid bloggers or people will kill the "secret weapon" as they kill VR, 500$ visa at OD, Wellsfargo prepaid, and maybe beans at CVS for hilton points.

Interestingly Chase does not blacklist you as some folks on FW reported they were blacklisted by Chase when they abused the Freedom 10pt per transaction bonus.
Yes, after my Chase Freedom was closed. I am scared that I will be on blacklist by Chase. However, I am so lucky that I was approved for a Chase card a few days ago
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happy9zz
I have heard about this guy who wrote a script when I read on this forum and boardingarea. That's guy was smart. I dont know about anything about the script. In other words, I didn't write any script. I just did used my ten keys to do a lot a lot and a lot of transactions. Right now, I am doing it with bank of america for keep the change program to earn my second $1250 a year. There are another union bank and a capital one checking account that have the same function with bank of america keep the change. I will use my "secret weapon" to earn more money at Union bank and capital one. I want to share my "secret weapon" but I am afraid bloggers or people will kill the "secret weapon" as they kill VR, 500$ visa at OD, Wellsfargo prepaid, and maybe beans at CVS for hilton points.

Yes, after my Chase Freedom was closed. I am scared that I will be on blacklist by Chase. However, I am so lucky that I was approved for a Chase card a few days ago
But the BofA only matches up to the first $250, isn't it?

In any case this would indeed your secret weapon that would work till the banks software catch it, a la Chase has done - I would imagine the detection would first flag unusually large bonus earning, than scruitinize the charges associated with the earning, then would realize that too much bonus earning versus too little spend.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 7:28 pm

This is scary because one of my businesses is a CASH ONLY deli. How am I supposed to deposit anything but CASH if I only accept cash. I buy from restaurant suppliers using my chase cards. Time to leave chase I guess.

Have any of you guys called one of those lawyers that go out of their way to seek class action suits? They love making crate full of money heh.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:19 am

Thanks for the cautionary tales.

Guess I will not be using the targeted offer I just received for an Ink Bold.

This thread has dramatically devalued UR points in my eyes. And I hardly think of transferring UR to miles as a safe haven. In the first days of Freaky Flier miles an upgrade or a domestic ticket were 10,000 miles. Now they cost what?

I think I'll concentrate my spend on my cash-back cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.