Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2014, 5:19 pm

I recently converted my Ink MC to Ink Visa Signature.

It was not a new application. Any chance i could be successful in sending in a secure message asking to match signup bonus?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: N/A
Girlfriend got denied because "She recently applied for a personal card" (the IHG One) this is what consumer lending told us.

They told us to call back for the business lending line tomorrow and were trying to make the case that we would like separate accounts for business and personal for tax and recording purposes.

She has a mid 700s score and 2 inquiries in 2 months, is this the right way to go about this?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:03 am

Chase Ink - Computer Repair Service

Before I pick up my repaired computer this week, I would like to know if the substantial payment to a repair service (not affiliated with one of the major office supply stores) would qualify for Ink Plus 5X. I don't believe it will as I think it would be coded as a service, but would like to hear from anyone who knows for sure. I have another card I could use to meet the minimum spend so really don't want to experiment. TIA.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Search the merchant to see what MCC they fall under: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator/index.jsp
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:40 am

Thanks so much dukerau. That's a helpful link I'll bookmark for the future. It shows the merchant as COMPUTER STORES / SERVICES - 7379 so I don't think it will earn 5X.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by Kidrah
I recently converted my Ink MC to Ink Visa Signature.

It was not a new application. Any chance i could be successful in sending in a secure message asking to match signup bonus?
I'd say you have less than a 1% chance.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 3:20 pm

I currently have INK cash and will be moving to INK Bold. Can I bring my cash points with me over to UR? Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 3:21 pm

Oh. Are there annual fee's for employee cards?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Klimo
Oh. Are there annual fee's for employee cards?
No. There is only one annual fee. All employees cards are free.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Klimo
I currently have INK cash and will be moving to INK Bold. Can I bring my cash points with me over to UR? Thanks!
Yes you can, although you need to keep the INK cash card active until after you transfer the points to your new INK bold.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:02 pm

I was just starting to fill out a new Chase Ink Plus application and it appears that I can't enter $0 revenue (has to be $1 or more). If I really have $0 revenue is it okay to put $1 in the application?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by PatoLoco
First store swiped, said it was denied, and then said it had been happening to people with the Ink a lot and to try later. I bought my other items and went to Staples where I purchased the gift card no problem.

Second cashier at a different store now, two weeks later, flat out said it was a new rule from Chase, because "a bunch of people were just using the Ink to buy gift cards and load up on points" and so he said they no longer accepted credit cards as a form of payment.

All around strange. When I emailed Chase they denied any such policy, but it's strange that it happened at two separate stores. More details in the blog post, but that's the short and sweet of it all.
I find it hard to believe that Chase pressured the store not to accept their card. Sounds like BS reason.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:38 am

my wife currently have Chase Ink and SW Bus. I also have Chase Ink. I want to downgrade my wife's Chase Ink to a classic to avoid the yearly fee. I like 5x rewards but I feel I should be able to manage it by using only my card.

How should be the conversation should be for me to downgrade the Chase Ink? do they allow downgrade? appreciate the help.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:25 pm

So I read the following from the wiki and wanted some clarification.
Are there special earning categories?

Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
Just want to get this straight since I just got the Ink Plus card, so I am a newbie. So I was wondering if theoretically we can earn $50K x 5 pts from office supply stores AND $50K x 2 pts from gas/hotel that is in a separate bucket for a total of (250K + 100K = 350K) 350K UR points/year?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
So I read the following from the wiki and wanted some clarification.

Just want to get this straight since I just got the Ink Plus card, so I am a newbie. So I was wondering if theoretically we can earn $50K x 5 pts from office supply stores AND $50K x 2 pts from gas/hotel that is in a separate bucket for a total of (250K + 100K = 350K) 350K UR points/year?
Yes you can.

But if you are a newbie, I strongly recommend that you not spend at that level right away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.