Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
If you were approved via phone verification after going into pending status, how many days until you received your card? Called in last week (Wed, I think) and was approved (had been pending for about 3 weeks). CSR said 7-10 business days. When I mentioned concern about leaving town on Tuesday, he said "Oh, no problem, you'll have it well before that." Haven't seen it yet. I've got 3 business days left to receive it or the cc will be floating around the PO for a month while I'm gone.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
If you were approved via phone verification after going into pending status, how many days until you received your card? Called in last week (Wed, I think) and was approved (had been pending for about 3 weeks). CSR said 7-10 business days. When I mentioned concern about leaving town on Tuesday, he said "Oh, no problem, you'll have it well before that." Haven't seen it yet. I've got 3 business days left to receive it or the cc will be floating around the PO for a month while I'm gone.
You should get an email saying "Approved" then another email saying it was "Shipped"
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:23 pm

well I decided to take a chance on the Ink Plus and got the pending message. I applied on the 6/22 and automated status line says "will be notified of their decision in approximately 2 weeks". I already have 5 Chase personal cards with them totaling 54K (being approved for the Explorer card for 20k just last month). I have a partnership business with pops and he has 2 business chase cards already (Ink Cash for 10k and just approved last month United for 5k), he has 3 personal cards with chase totaling 32500. I am going to let the decision take its course but I have a strong feeling I will be denied because of reaching credit exposure with them and inquiries on EX (which they pulled). I will not call just for the fact of them HP again. I actually regret applying this soon. You guys/gals think I should just let them decide and waiting for letter?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by f0xx
You should get an email saying "Approved" then another email saying it was "Shipped"
Thanks. Got the approved email 2 days ago but no shipped one. It arrived today, in any case, so I'm good. Also SM'd them to see about 90 days starting now rather than May when I applied (went to pending).
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by dodgers702
well I decided to take a chance on the Ink Plus and got the pending message. I applied on the 6/22 and automated status line says "will be notified of their decision in approximately 2 weeks". I already have 5 Chase personal cards with them totaling 54K (being approved for the Explorer card for 20k just last month). I have a partnership business with pops and he has 2 business chase cards already (Ink Cash for 10k and just approved last month United for 5k), he has 3 personal cards with chase totaling 32500. I am going to let the decision take its course but I have a strong feeling I will be denied because of reaching credit exposure with them and inquiries on EX (which they pulled). I will not call just for the fact of them HP again. I actually regret applying this soon. You guys/gals think I should just let them decide and waiting for letter?
In my case, it seemed to go to pending b/c of identity verification. No interrogation, just "What kind of car loan do you have" kind of thing. It was all very amicable. Not my typical experience with them. Since it's been a few days since you applied, maybe go ahead and try it. They can move some of your credit around if that's the issue.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:41 pm

where can I find a list of all chase Business cards? now it only lists ink cards on it website. there were business united,business southwest but now they have been removed from Chase website.
https://www.chase.com/online/busines...jp_ltg=leftnav
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-card-search.aspx
Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by jimz1012
where can I find a list of all chase Business cards? now it only lists ink cards on it website. there were business united,business southwest but now they have been removed from Chase website.
https://www.chase.com/online/busines...jp_ltg=leftnav
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-card-search.aspx
It looks like you have to go to the Personal card, click on it and on the side it has a link "Are you a business owner?"

I just did this for the Marriott card.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Can Ink Bold be used in Europe?

Trying to book a EURO tunnel round trip, tried 3 different Ink Bold cards, all were denied by Merchant. Called Chase, Chase did not even see the charge coming.

Was planing to use the Ink cards for the upcoming Europe trip to meet the $5000 x 3 cards, anyone has experience if Ink can be used in Europe?

Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Reason for Denial on Wife's Second Ink Application?

Her first, for the Ink Plus using her SSN and business name, was approved online. Her second, 5 months later for an Ink Bold, using the same SSN and business name, was denied via mail about 3 weeks after the application, citing "not a recognized EIN". Her credit score would not have changed much, although spend on the first card may have been a little low in recent months.

What does this mean? Her spend was too low? Chase is actually checking for EINs now? She didn't wait 6 months? Or something else?

We didn't want to call the reconsideration line after applying, because Chase is known to deny even after a lengthy dialogue, and who wants to put their partner through that?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tinker25
Trying to book a EURO tunnel round trip, tried 3 different Ink Bold cards, all were denied by Merchant. Called Chase, Chase did not even see the charge coming.

Was planing to use the Ink cards for the upcoming Europe trip to meet the $5000 x 3 cards, anyone has experience if Ink can be used in Europe?

Thanks!
Simply using Ink in Europe would have no problem. Your problem is when making online purchases, the European merchants almost always require the card used being verified by Visa, or Mastercard.

I would say there is issue between Verified by Visa program and Chase - most European railway systems require foreign cards to go thru either Visa Verified or Mastercard Secured programs before allowing the card to go thru.

Earlier this year there was no problem. However recently it has been problems after problems.

Last weekend our CSP was denied twice by SNCF but Chase did not see any attempt of authorization. At the end, the front line rep realized it must be Visa Verified that we needed to talk to. She transferred us to Chase security dept (call center based in Philippines) and the rep there in turn, transferred us to Verified by Visa program (call center also based in Phillipines!) The rep at Verified by Visa lifted a block on our CSP so the "handshake" from SNCF would go thru and got a response from the bank, in order to show it is now "Verified by Visa (Chase)". Then the transaction went thru.

NOTE: Chase could not do anything from the CSR level. It must be done by the Verified by Visa and must go thru Chase Security to reach Visa.

The Verified by Visa only needs to be done once. Cards that have been "verified" would then have no issue in making purchases whenever such verification is required by the foreign merchants.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Explore
Her first, for the Ink Plus using her SSN and business name, was approved online. Her second, 5 months later for an Ink Bold, using the same SSN and business name, was denied via mail about 3 weeks after the application, citing "not a recognized EIN". Her credit score would not have changed much, although spend on the first card may have been a little low in recent months.

What does this mean? Her spend was too low? Chase is actually checking for EINs now? She didn't wait 6 months? Or something else?

We didn't want to call the reconsideration line after applying, because Chase is known to deny even after a lengthy dialogue, and who wants to put their partner through that?
Did she accidentally use business definition other than Sole Proprietary?

Otherwise, no reason Chase would treat the SSN as being EIN. She should use her own name as business name instead of a business name - because if you do have a real business name, then yes, you should have an EIN.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Thanks Happy. That's extremely useful info. will do to get "Verified by Visa (Chase)"

Originally Posted by Happy
Simply using Ink in Europe would have no problem. Your problem is when making online purchases, the European merchants almost always require the card used being verified by Visa, or Mastercard.

I would say there is issue between Verified by Visa program and Chase - most European railway systems require foreign cards to go thru either Visa Verified or Mastercard Secured programs before allowing the card to go thru.

Earlier this year there was no problem. However recently it has been problems after problems.

Last weekend our CSP was denied twice by SNCF but Chase did not see any attempt of authorization. At the end, the front line rep realized it must be Visa Verified that we needed to talk to. She transferred us to Chase security dept (call center based in Philippines) and the rep there in turn, transferred us to Verified by Visa program (call center also based in Phillipines!) The rep at Verified by Visa lifted a block on our CSP so the "handshake" from SNCF would go thru and got a response from the bank, in order to show it is now "Verified by Visa (Chase)". Then the transaction went thru.

NOTE: Chase could not do anything from the CSR level. It must be done by the Verified by Visa and must go thru Chase Security to reach Visa.

The Verified by Visa only needs to be done once. Cards that have been "verified" would then have no issue in making purchases whenever such verification is required by the foreign merchants.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by Happy
Otherwise, no reason Chase would treat the SSN as being EIN. She should use her own name as business name instead of a business name - because if you do have a real business name, then yes, you should have an EIN.
This is a bit of a confusing response.

As a sole prop, the owner's SSN would be the business's EIN (employer identification number). Furthurmore, a sole prop can be operated under a fictitious name under the owner's SSN; rules on this vary by location.

Rejection letters usually give three reasons, and, sometimes, none of them are the "real" reason. I would suspect that the time between applications is the the likeliest reason for rejection, especially if the Plus was her first card with Chase.

What exactly did the letter say?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:41 pm

Hi all.

My husband applied for an Ink Plus & Ink Bold last month. One he wanted to use to separate work expenses (airfare, flights) for easier reimbursement, & one he wanted for his fledgling freelance work. Both applications were pending for a couple of weeks, so he called in about the Ink Plus & received a rejection letter shortly after, citing "too many applications or accounts." These are the only two applications he has made since January & he has no accounts with Chase. He called the recon line & was told that his business is too new & they're looking for people who will be charging more than $3k on the card every month.

Was he truly rejected because he wouldn't be spending enough money on the card? Or does he just need to build a history with Chase & then go for the Signature cards?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by ThatGirlEdie
Hi all.

My husband applied for an Ink Plus & Ink Bold last month. One he wanted to use to separate work expenses (airfare, flights) for easier reimbursement, & one he wanted for his fledgling freelance work. Both applications were pending for a couple of weeks, so he called in about the Ink Plus & received a rejection letter shortly after, citing "too many applications or accounts." These are the only two applications he has made since January & he has no accounts with Chase. He called the recon line & was told that his business is too new & they're looking for people who will be charging more than $3k on the card every month.

Was he truly rejected because he wouldn't be spending enough money on the card? Or does he just need to build a history with Chase & then go for the Signature cards?
I thought the rule of thumb was to only apply for one chase business card per cycle, and at most to apply for one business and one personal card. My parents both got Ink Bolds for a very modest business.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.