Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Old May 6, 2014, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Tylt33
Has anyone had any luck with the recon line after talking to a second rep? My friend got denied by a rep after a good grilling, for which he was prepared. He has two personal Chase cards from January of this year, credit scores in the high 700s and an income of 70k+. He was told by the rep that since his business income was less than 5k he didn't need a business card in addition to personal. He told them he wanted to keep his business and personal expenses separate.
I agree with the advice the other posters have given. What the rep said is malarky. I got instantly approved for an Ink Plus a few days ago with an 18,000 limit, and I believe I put 50.00 as my business revenue. I have 5 personal cards with Chase though - 4 of them from the last two years (the most recent one being Jan. 2013) and one of them since about 1994.
Old May 6, 2014, 6:18 pm

WOW he just called me back; second rep said "I was in your corner but after reviewing your personal spending, you've been buying Vanilla Reloads at CVS. That's Manufactured Spending and we will not reconsider your application, final answer." I feel bad for him!!!
Old May 7, 2014, 4:33 am

how many ink cards can I have if I have 2 EINs for 2 businesses

can I apply all ink cards twice? do I get bonus twice? does chase care how many business account I open?
Old May 7, 2014, 7:03 am

Wow. That seriously happened? How many VRs were you buying?
Old May 7, 2014, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by waygora
Wow. That seriously happened? How many VRs were you buying?
He was spending $5k a month on VRs, less than 50% of his spending on his card. Moral of the story, if you get Jason on the business recon line, hang up.
Old May 7, 2014, 7:39 am

Oh it was your friend, sorry I misread.

That's crazy. I was buying that much but only in like April and May and spread out (too scared to do it all at once)

I got this incredibly polite sounding woman. Don't remember her name, but she didn't even ask me any questions, approved in a couple of minutes.
Old May 7, 2014, 7:51 am

WOW he just called me back; second rep said "I was in your corner but after reviewing your personal spending, you've been buying Vanilla Reloads at CVS. That's Manufactured Spending and we will not reconsider your application, final answer." I feel bad for him!!!
Regarding the phrase I put in bold, that's interesting. Is the rep just eyeballing your transactions to guess at personal spending, or is he reading from a screen where Chase pre-determines what it considers "personal?" If you had bought lots of gift cards at your grocery store instead of CVS, can Chase distinguish this from ingredients purchased for a catering business for example?

Last edited by rrgg; May 7, 2014 at 7:57 am
Old May 7, 2014, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Regarding the phrase I put in bold, that's interesting. Is the rep just eyeballing your transactions to guess at personal spending, or is he reading from a screen where Chase pre-determines what it considers "personal?" If you had bought lots of gift cards at your grocery store instead of CVS, can Chase distinguish this from ingredients purchased for a catering business for example?
The only other Chase cards his friend had were personal cards as opposed to business ones, so I think the rep just meant he was looking at the spending on the guy's personal Chase credit cards. In any case, I think Chase is more concerned with MS than with personal spending on a business card. Also, I'm pretty sure they can access info on exactly what you bought at a grocery store.
Old May 7, 2014, 9:53 pm
formerly ffactoryxx

So I buy and sell art posters on eBay and privately sometimes. Make enough to let me buy ones I really want. Probably sell about $500-600 yr and profit 400. Think they will approve me? Only have United Explorer.

Also let's say I am denied, can I immediately apply for the Sapphire card instead or is there a wait time between denied apps.

I don't want to screw myself by get no denied then not being able to apply for something else. I have a trip to Hawaii coming up and could pay a large chuck of the requirements with this..

Also can you really buy put anything on these cards even personal?
Old May 8, 2014, 12:23 am

Should I Apply for Another Chase Bold Ink Card?

Last Summer, I got my first Chase Bold Ink business card (sole proprietor business). This is a Mastercard. I just read (on the Frequent Miler blog, which cites a Chase insider) that all of the Chase Ink Mastercards for people without deposit accounts will be converted to Visa cards this year. I do not have a deposit account and would like to apply for the Ink Bold Visa card before my account becomes converted so that I can get the signup bonus, since I have read that this is possible now but that it is no longer possible once the conversion has taken place.

My other Chase cards are (all personal) the United Plus Explorer card, British Airways card, Southwest card (I plan to close it next month), and the AirTran card (which I am happy to close).

Last month, I spent a lot at CVS. I spent about 3000 a month at CVS combined across Chase cards in addition to regular spend.

Within the last year, I have received a new personal Citibank Aadvantage card and a new personal Amex Gold Membership Rewards card. I think that I was also denied an application for the Barclays Arrival and Lufthansa cards.

Based upon this, is it too risky to apply for another Ink Bold?

Should I cancel my AirTran card before or after this application?

Should I be concerned about having too many Chase cards, CVS purchases, or other card applications in that last year? I do not want to ruin my ability to do future business with Chase, but the 60000 points sounds great. Also, I was wondering if it would be less risky to forego the extra 10000 points and to apply once the promotion is over.
Old May 8, 2014, 8:09 am

He was spending $5k a month on VRs, less than 50% of his spending on his card. Moral of the story, if you get Jason on the business recon line, hang up.
i swear i've seen stories about this jason guy all over the place. why is he so mean?!! lol.
Old May 9, 2014, 2:06 am

i just applied for a citibank AA business card and both bold and plus cards back to back to back within minutes on seperate browsers. was that a bad idea to try for both?
i recieved a wait for decisions on both ..............
Old May 9, 2014, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by jsmithj88
i just applied for a citibank AA business card and both bold and plus cards back to back to back within minutes on seperate browsers. was that a bad idea to try for both?
i recieved a wait for decisions on both ..............
Yup
Old May 9, 2014, 10:15 am

approved for the citibank 50k business card
received an email stating i will get response in the mail for both ink cards
Old May 9, 2014, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by jsmithj88
approved for the citibank 50k business card
received an email stating i will get response in the mail for both ink cards
Big congrats on the Citibank card and good luck on the Inks! I don't think Chase generally approves two Inks at once, but you might get one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.