Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
I think I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway...

Amassing a UR stash for trip to South Africa next summer.

My Recent Apps:

Chase Sapphire Preferred - Approved 11/15/13, Credit Line: $18K
InkBold - Approved 4/1/14, Credit Line: $5k

I used SM yesterday to get the 10k extra UR for my InkBold.

Is it too risky to apply for the InkPlus while they are still running the 60k offer?
Old May 4, 2014, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by bentrmpt
I think I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway...

Amassing a UR stash for trip to South Africa next summer.

My Recent Apps:

Chase Sapphire Preferred - Approved 11/15/13, Credit Line: $18K
InkBold - Approved 4/1/14, Credit Line: $5k

I used SM yesterday to get the 10k extra UR for my InkBold.

Is it too risky to apply for the InkPlus while they are still running the 60k offer?
If the Bold was your 1st ever bus card with Chase I would not attempt it, but ultimately up to you
Old May 4, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by skibum7732
If the Bold was your 1st ever bus card with Chase I would not attempt it, but ultimately up to you
Yeah. I'm gonna hold off. 10k extra points is nice, but not worth putting a denial on the books w/Chase.
Old May 5, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by skibum7732
So you're just thinking they want to see some history in the biz account dept? What if my Bold was the second biz card within the last year (SW), along with 2 or 3 others within the past 4 or 5 years? (I currently only have the Bold open.) I'm also thinking of going for the Plus after getting an instant approval on the Bold a couple months ago but wondering if the extra 10,000 points is really worth the rush and risk of marring my perfect app record...
Old May 5, 2014, 1:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by IDM79
So you're just thinking they want to see some history in the biz account dept? What if my Bold was the second biz card within the last year (SW), along with 2 or 3 others within the past 4 or 5 years? (I currently only have the Bold open.) I'm also thinking of going for the Plus after getting an instant approval on the Bold a couple months ago but wondering if the extra 10,000 points is really worth the rush and risk of marring my perfect app record...
Yes, I think they like to see some history before giving a 2nd bus card. However, if you have had numerous bus cards with them over the past 4-5 years and got an instant approval on Bold then I would probably go for it. It is highly unilkely that this one will be instant, but a recon call usually does the trick...just be ready to explain why you need another bus card
Old May 5, 2014, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by bentrmpt
Yeah. I'm gonna hold off. 10k extra points is nice, but not worth putting a denial on the books w/Chase.
What's so bad about having a denial on the books with Chase?

Has anyone been approved after initial pending without doing a reconsideration call?
Old May 5, 2014, 3:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yukon50
What's so bad about having a denial on the books with Chase?

Has anyone been approved after initial pending without doing a reconsideration call?
It asks on all Chase apps if you have been denied credit with them in the past 6 months and most people would prefer to mark 'no' to that question.
Yes, wife and I were both approved after receiving pending last June on this same offer without calling, but its highly YMMV
Old May 5, 2014, 4:00 am

When you call in to activate the Ink Plus, is it all automated or do you have to speak with someone? Thanks
Old May 5, 2014, 6:40 am

Got denied after being put on hold for a few minutes. Said that I had recently opened up new credit apps so they weren't able to offer more ...

All my apps were 60+ days ago but I think it's because I got my first Chase card two months ago so they want to see some history before giving me another one
Old May 5, 2014, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by koalablue
When you call in to activate the Ink Plus, is it all automated or do you have to speak with someone? Thanks
When I did it last year, it was a live agent.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

A dozen posts discussing the Small Business Week promotion have been exported:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...sh-offers.html
Old May 6, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA
I got approved an Ink plus with a 5k credit limit last week. Would it be too aggressive to put like 2500$ on it in one week?
Old May 6, 2014, 5:41 pm

Has anyone had any luck with the recon line after talking to a second rep? My friend got denied by a rep after a good grilling, for which he was prepared. He has two personal Chase cards from January of this year, credit scores in the high 700s and an income of 70k+. He was told by the rep that since his business income was less than 5k he didn't need a business card in addition to personal. He told them he wanted to keep his business and personal expenses separate.
Old May 6, 2014, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tylt33
Has anyone had any luck with the recon line after talking to a second rep? My friend got denied by a rep after a good grilling, for which he was prepared. He has two personal Chase cards from January of this year, credit scores in the high 700s and an income of 70k+. He was told by the rep that since his business income was less than 5k he didn't need a business card in addition to personal. He told them he wanted to keep his business and personal expenses separate.
Have your friend call back.
Old May 6, 2014, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Have your friend call back.
Thanks, just told him to call, keep his answers consistent with his first call, and emphasize that he wants to keep personal and business expenses separate and to ask to shift credit line from personal to business as an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.