Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:41 am

What I meant is if it is necessary to apply for an EIN ??? Also, if I put sole prop on app and use social security number, will the account show on my credit report or is it different since it is a business card ???
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:57 am

Its not necessary to apply for an EIN. The HP will report to your credit report. The card itself will not show up on your report, whether you use your ss or an ein.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:09 am

If that's the case then it is more appealing to me. I am hesitant to open new accounts and affect my AAoA. An inquiry doesn't bother me at all.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:13 am

Do I need to provide documents or is it just describing the nature of the business ??? I ask since I have no such paperwork
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by jayb5635
Do I need to provide documents or is it just describing the nature of the business ??? I ask since I have no such paperwork
If they ask for proof of income, they ask for proof of income.
They'll question you about your business etc. etc.

Be prepared and don't want to be that guy that stumbles the whole time. "uh... ummmm.... uhhhh... well.... i think..."
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:31 am

Well I have an idea of what to say. Think gonna say it's a podcast I record which I hope to build audience and eventually sell sponsorships and profit from. I do record a podcast but never thought to turn a profit, just thinking of saying that for the purpose of applying
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:44 am

So one only sees the hard pull on report but the account never shows ??? That's interesting. I asked about the EIN because I thought it had to report to a business credit report to avoid it showing up on your personal credit report, but if it doesn't either way, that's great
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:56 am

I tried searching the thread and googling it but I couldn't find the answer: does the bold earn 5x points at radioshack?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:10 pm

Oops, just asked this question in the wrong thread: does radioshack earn 5x points? Thanks

EDIT: I suppose the answer is irrelevant as my local radioshack is hardcoded to accept cash

Last edited by llbad; Apr 16, 2014 at 3:18 pm
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:09 am

Well I applied yesterday and they tried to pull my experian which I have frozen. My score there isn't bad, think around 720 but I want them to pull equifax since it has less inquiries and score there is 760ish. I called once yesterday and again this morning but so far they insist on unfreezing experian. I'll call back later and try again. I have no intent of unfreezing experian lol
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:33 am

Well I applied yesterday and they tried to pull my experian which I have frozen. My score there isn't bad, think around 720 but I want them to pull equifax since it has less inquiries and score there is 760ish. I called once yesterday and again this morning but so far they insist on unfreezing experian. I'll call back later and try again. I have no intent of unfreezing experian lol
EX should always be on ice.
TU & EQ however.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:50 pm

I just applied and got approved for Ink Plus which is my first business card. I have CSP and freedom and I usually combine points between them to transfer to United. If I close CSP, can I transfer points from Freedom to Ink Plus and then to United? Will I be able to do that if I have 2 separate login info to Chase online service? Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
I just applied and got approved for Ink Plus which is my first business card. I have CSP and freedom and I usually combine points between them to transfer to United. If I close CSP, can I transfer points from Freedom to Ink Plus and then to United? Will I be able to do that if I have 2 separate login info to Chase online service? Thanks
Yes and yes. Be sure to transfer all your CSP UR points out before closing that account.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:20 pm

So do people still get approved without having an official business or is it more difficult nowadays ???
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:34 pm

So do people still get approved without having an official business or is it more difficult nowadays ???
Some seem to get instant approval, while others require calling in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.