FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Live] Chase BA 100,000 Avios Visa ($20K spend) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1412176-live-chase-ba-100-000-avios-visa-20k-spend.html)

zink88 Dec 18, 2012 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey (Post 19880533)
No need for that now -- I just got off the phone. They said I'm approved but they wanted to keep my credit limit the same, so we moved some limit over from my United card.

I'm in! Yes, with the 100k bonus offer at $20k spend, and even though I closed my Chase BA card from a previous bonus offer a mere six months ago (or so).

Yay!

Congrats! Appears you are the first previous BA cardholder reporting confirmation you will get the bonus points from this latest offer. It would be good to know if you are awarded the first 50K after hitting the $1K spend.

dhuey Dec 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by zink88 (Post 19882643)
Congrats! Appears you are the first previous BA cardholder reporting confirmation you will get the bonus points from this latest offer. It would be good to know if you are awarded the first 50K after hitting the $1K spend.

The rep said I was on a recorded line, so if there's any trouble on that, I'll be sure to remind Chase of how I was assured that if I spend the $20K, I will get the 100k in Avios points. If I forget to update this thread months from now on whether I actually receive them, anyone here should please feel free to send me a PR.

Viva FlyerTalk! And, as is not said enough in this forum, thank you to those who selflessly help others rack up the crazy quantities of miles/points.

wcoeqpk862 Dec 19, 2012 2:30 am

I just got/activated my chase sapphire card on dec 4th. how long should i wait until I can do a real app-o-rama and get the Chase BA card? Also how many chase cards can I apply for on one day?

Thanks for the help!

iolairemcfadden Dec 19, 2012 10:25 am

link seems to be dead, affilate links on blogs seem to still be active

Dynastar Dec 19, 2012 11:49 am

Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden (Post 19886808)
link seems to be dead, affilate links on blogs seem to still be active

Working fine for me.

Big Mac Dec 21, 2012 10:52 am

Does anyone know if I need to spend $30K within 1 year of getting the card or within a full calender year (so either in 2012 or in 2013) to get the companion certificate?
Thanks!

lwildernorva Dec 21, 2012 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Big Mac (Post 19900475)
Does anyone know if I need to spend $30K within 1 year of getting the card or within a full calender year (so either in 2012 or in 2013) to get the companion certificate?
Thanks!

Calendar year so unless you've got some big purchases planned for the next ten days, hold off until January 1.

TheBOSman Dec 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva (Post 19900548)
Calendar year so unless you've got some big purchases planned for the next ten days, hold off until January 1.

Even if you did, it would be pretty difficult to max the account and pay it off enough times this year to hit $30k! Plus I think the companion cert would be valid longer if earned next year as well.

TAHKUCT Dec 21, 2012 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva (Post 19900548)

Correct. Here is T&C:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...2/public/en_us

lwildernorva Dec 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 19901776)
Even if you did, it would be pretty difficult to max the account and pay it off enough times this year to hit $30k! Plus I think the companion cert would be valid longer if earned next year as well.

Absolutely. I wouldn't figure most people would want to do the $30K in ten days, but after all, it's FT. . . ;)

StartinSanDiego Dec 21, 2012 4:07 pm

The companion cert is valid 2 years from the issue date, no matter what day it is issued. It does take 4-6 weeks to receive it after it is issued, though, so you have a bit under 2 years to book and travel.

TheBOSman Dec 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego (Post 19902338)
The companion cert is valid 2 years from the issue date, no matter what day it is issued. It does take 4-6 weeks to receive it after it is issued, though, so you have a bit under 2 years to book and travel.

Well, it would be valid further into the future if earned later at least :D.

amolkold Dec 22, 2012 12:33 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 19902370)
Well, it would be valid further into the future if earned later at least :D.

If you don't have any immediate use for the companion pass, it's best to cross $30K sometime in December. I won't say the last day, but maybe right around now. If you cross $30K today, you can use the companion pass sometime up to Dec. 2014.

FlightNurse Dec 22, 2012 12:37 am

So in regards to the companion certificate, can one use it on a RTW trip and if so, can you do mutli stops with it?

amolkold Dec 22, 2012 12:45 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 19904063)
So in regards to the companion certificate, can one use it on a RTW trip and if so, can you do mutli stops with it?

It must be on BA metal, so I don't know how you would do an RTW since everything goes through London. The outbound has to originate in the US and the return has to go back to the US.