Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Live] Chase BA 100,000 Avios Visa ($20K spend)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Follow discussion in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1489178-consolidated-chase-ba-visa-now-50k-75k-100k.html

The 100K offer with staggered spend is live again. (9/17/15)

Additional discussion can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-75k-100k.html

50K, 75K or 100K offer https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ba/nonaep?CELL=6H8X

Public link on Chase.com
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...H0&list=4,2,1&

50,000 Avios after $2000 in purchases within the first 3 months
25,000 Avios after an additional $8000 in purchases within the first year
25,000 Avios after an additional $10000 in purchases within the first year
(Thus, a total of $20000 spend for 100,000 Avios)

Annual fee $95 NOT waived
Card earns 1 Avios/$ on everyday spend

Warning: Avios do not work like other types of miles and points
The British Airways system is distance based, priced per segment, with very high fees and fuel surcharges possible, depending on the airline flown. In particular, redemptions for British Airways flights are often the worst value. Therefore, one of the most popular uses of points is for short-haul flights on partner airlines.

Make sure you understand the program thoroughly before you apply for this card, as whining may be considered off-topic. Most questions and advice have already been given within this thread.

See also:
Your guide to spending Avios | 2014
Booking Alaska Airlines with Avios
Print Wikipost

[Live] Chase BA 100,000 Avios Visa ($20K spend)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Originally Posted by eSurfer
Here is my newbie question, which is actually a question that I failed to find answer to after searching extensively over the web, but I am sure it is a very easy question for you guys here. Since a huge value of the avois points is their redeemability with the partner airlines, then usually how much does it cost to redeem the avois points on a partner airlines flight, is that a flat fee or vary depending on the specific circumstance?

And also where can I find the avois points redemption chart with a partner airlines?

Thank you in advance.
This BA page allows you to determine the # of avios for partner travel. The number of avios required depends on the distance between departure and destination cities.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...b#CalculatePod

My understanding is fees vary by partner, but traveling internationally is quite expensive with fuel surcharges. Also, I believe (this may be incorrect) but when booking partner travel you have to use avios per segment. So if there is no direct flight between your destination and arrival you have to use avios for each leg of the trip.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by eSurfer
Since a huge value of the avois points is their redeemability with the partner airlines, then usually how much does it cost to redeem the avois points on a partner airlines flight, is that a flat fee or vary depending on the specific circumstance?
I think it varies quite a bit, with American Airlines domestic flights having very low fees.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by dhuey
I think it varies quite a bit, with American Airlines domestic flights having very low fees.
Except when flying TATL.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 3:09 am

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
The spend required I think is CRAZY. As much as I would like to get 100K I think I will pray for the 2 annual fees that was available doing a fake booking earlier this year. I can't believe people can spend that. For me that seems crazy high. But then again I am young.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by World-Wide
The spend required I think is CRAZY. As much as I would like to get 100K I think I will pray for the 2 annual fees that was available doing a fake booking earlier this year. I can't believe people can spend that. For me that seems crazy high. But then again I am young.
The spend is no longer crazy, as it is just how much time you want to invest. $10K in spend is just 20 beans, at 3.95 each, works out to $80. Double it if you want 20K in spend. At least from where I sit, spend is becoming an almost 'non-issue' in regards to CC's now.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:44 am
mry

Programs: BA, AA, Alaska Air, Air Canada
Originally Posted by eltex
$10K in spend is just 20 beans, at 3.95 each, works out to $80.
Could you please clarify the term "beans"? thanks.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mry
Could you please clarify the term "beans"? thanks.
Thats "vanilla reloads" in forum [coded] language.
Wish they would just stay in one topic and play this idiotic scrabble game.

Last edited by mia; Dec 2, 2012 at 3:59 pm Reason: Remove disparaging characterization of other members.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:33 pm

that's if you can find a place that has reloads and is willing to take CC with them.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by eltex
The spend is no longer crazy, as it is just how much time you want to invest. $10K in spend is just 20 beans, at 3.95 each, works out to $80. Double it if you want 20K in spend. At least from where I sit, spend is becoming an almost 'non-issue' in regards to CC's now.
What will I do with the reloads? I need to use that not sure how I would use that.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by World-Wide
What will I do with the reloads? I need to use that not sure how I would use that.
All of the big blogger in the CC bouns world have written about the VR's and AmEx BlueBird card.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by leftpinky
that's if you can find a place that has reloads and is willing to take CC with them.
There is a CVS Pharamcy by my house, and they FINALLY got the VR's, I went and bought 6K worth (all of different CC's.) At first the chasier was confused, I walked them through it, and had no problems. Of course this was the first time this cashier ever saw a VR. But it can be done, even if the cashier said it wont, I was at a WallsGreens and the cashier said that a CC wont work, I asked the cashier to humor me, and the transation went through, the cashier ended up telling me that he manager stated that only debt cards or cash would work, I smiled and told him, this was our secert..

Wallmart has VRs and they take CC's. Now depending on the CC used, you could get bouns points since WallMart can be looked at as pharmacy and or grocery store.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat
How long did the 100k offer hang around last time? I am considering getting in on this, but I just did the UA 65k offer with chase less than a month ago...would prefer to wait 3 months before reapplying with chase?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:07 pm

I've seen the expiry date of February 27, 2013 for this offer posted on a few blogs and I think somewhere earlier in this thread.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Wallmart has VRs and they take CC's.
You've seen them?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
You've seen them?
I have not personally, however, a couple of bloggers have stated they have, I have been busy looking for them at Wallsgreens and CVS's, next will be wallmart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.