Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official: UR hotel/airline xfer only to self/spouse/domestic partner

Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This thread is for discussion of issues with transfers of UR points to someone else's hotel or airline loyalty program account.

There is a separate thread to discuss transfers of UR points directly into someone else's UR account: Chase closed my Sapphire Preferred account due to transfers to other UR accounts.
Print Wikipost

Official: UR hotel/airline xfer only to self/spouse/domestic partner

Old Nov 13, 2014, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by al613
Did anyone asked chase if you can transfer to AU?
same question
I have a Chase Ink Plus with my cousin living in the same house and same last name as the AU. Should I transfer UR to his United's account under the redesigned UR?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:55 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Mbfanos, if U do, U will never be able to transfer to another person's UA (or maybe any) account in the future. Before the change of a month or 2 ago, U could have.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Any update from anyone?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AMEX MR
If you are an AU on a CSP (with a family member who is not a SO), are you able to transfer the UR points into your own airline accounts from the shared pool like with Amex MR?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by dcflyer10
If you are an AU on a CSP (with a family member who is not a SO), are you able to transfer the UR points into your own airline accounts from the shared pool like with Amex MR?
Nope.
Just called Chase and they said you cannot transfer point to AU's hotel/airline account
Old Dec 7, 2014, 3:51 pm

So I know we can't transfer to AU for personal cards, but what about AU ("business partners") for Ink cards? I didn't see this question specifically answered above.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
So I know we can't transfer to AU for personal cards, but what about AU ("business partners") for Ink cards? I didn't see this question specifically answered above.
My card is Ink Plus and I called them. That's what they said.
So technically, we can't transfer to AU for both personal and business card
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
When you transfer on the last page you get: "You can transfer points in 1,000 point increments to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you, your spouse,domestic partner or, for business cardholders only, to joint business owner(s). If we suspect that you’ve engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points."
Old Dec 8, 2014, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by al613
When you transfer on the last page you get: "You can transfer points in 1,000 point increments to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you, your spouse,domestic partner or, for business cardholders only, to joint business owner(s). If we suspect that you’ve engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points."
Why can't an authorized user for a business be a "joint business owner"?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
Mbfanos, if U do, U will never be able to transfer to another person's UA (or maybe any) account in the future. Before the change of a month or 2 ago, U could have.
Trying to understand the new rules.

I have several UR earning cards, Ink, Sapphire, Freedom.

If I use my Ink to transfer to another person (and let's say that person becomes "inscribed" to the account as the only person I can transfer to), is that also the case for Sapphire?

If for some reason Chase decides to shut me down for this transfer, will it be just the Ink, or all my Chase UR cards? Or all my Chase cards even?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:42 pm

Transferring pts

My dad would like to transfer 100k chase pts to my sisters Singapore airlines acct. I know that they say must be spouse but has anyone gotten their pts taken away and voided for such transfer?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hqly2001
My dad would like to transfer 100k chase pts to my sisters Singapore airlines acct. I know that they say must be spouse but has anyone gotten their pts taken away and voided for such transfer?
If you dont mind the risk of accounts being closed by Chase, go right ahead and test the water then report back.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:00 pm

Apologize if I missed it but does this mean no more transfer to my minor children UA accounts?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
Apologize if I missed it but does this mean no more transfer to my minor children UA accounts?
What is the title of this thread said?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
Couldn't you just transfer to your own UA account and then book tickets for them? I've done that for my then-minor son. Not ideal, I know, but maybe that would work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.