Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

How many is too many chase cards in 12 months?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many is too many chase cards in 12 months?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I don't see why you'd have any problem. I had several Chase cards when I got my Ink Bold.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 8:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by redtop43
I had several Chase cards when I got my Ink Bold.
I think the concern pertains to the recency of the other applications. These threads may also be helpful:

Last edited by mia; Apr 22, 2013 at 3:51 pm
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:42 pm

5 personal and 1 business within the last calendar year
Old Apr 4, 2013, 6:08 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
I doubt it will be a problem. I've applied for a business card and 2 personal cards within a few months of each other two times and been approved both times (After calling the reconsideration line). Just read up on the links that the others posted and you'll be good to go!
Old Apr 5, 2013, 11:23 am

Since March 2012 I've gotten:

- Chase SW personal (3/12)
- Chase SW business (8/12)
- Ink Plus (12/12)
- Priority Club (1/13)
- British Airways (2/13)
- United Explorer (3/13)

I already had Amazon, CSP, Freedom, and BP card prior to opening the first one and closed the BP card between the two SW cards. I also canceled SW personal before first year ended. So now have six personal and two business cards from Chase. They are by far the best bank...but this is my first year with Amex, so we'll see how they compare.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I got 1 in September, 1 in December, 1 last week. I just need one Ink Bold now!
Old Apr 6, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Had Sapphire (Converted to Freedom in the fall)
August CSP
October Ink Bold
November UMP
February UMC
April Hyatt

The Hyatt and the United cards really complement the Ultimate Rewards cards nicely.

If I decide to keep the United Club card Amex is about shut out. If I decide to keep United Mileage Explorer it depends if I think I have $25,000 in non-bonus spend for the 10,000 extra miles. If not, Starwood might get to come out of the drawer.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 9:44 pm

Continental: Cancelled
UA MP Explorer: cancelled
SW Persona: cancelled
Sw Biz: Cancelled
Freedom: active since 5+ years
CSP: active since 4/2012
Ink Plus: active since 11/2012

I wonder if I'll be ready to apply ink bold....
Old Apr 7, 2013, 6:57 am

I've done five cards in the last 14 or 15 months with Chase. I applied two weeks ago for the Southwest Premier and Sapphire back to back and was surprised to get automatically approved for both.

I applied for the Ink bold this past Friday and was declined. I called the business consideration line and after being grilled for 15 minutes was approved. The guy was asking why I needed another Chase credit card since I already had applied for two in the past two weeks. I canceled my Marriott Rewards card after getting the Ink Bold since I don't want to pay the annual fee. I was holding onto the Marriott Rewards card in case they wanted to transfer credit limits.

I am a long time Chase customer so that probably helps. I have my mortgage, car loan, and one credit card with balance through them.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 7:14 am

I had five personal cards open with Chase when I applied for the Ink Bold. Two of the cards were opened two weeks before applying for the Ink Bold. I was declined for the Ink Bold, but a call to the business reconsideration line got me approved.

You do have to have your story straight about your "business" when you call the reconsideration line. The agent seemed somewhat skeptical about my having a real business and it seemed like he was asking the same questions in different ways to trip me up. I really thought he wasn't going to approve me, but he did.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 6:47 pm

I cancelled sapphire Nov 2012

Mileplus for appx 2 years
ink plus for 9 months
ink bold for 3 months
BA for 4 months

Am I safe to go for the Sapphire again? Credit limits all over $10k per card, credit score upper 700's.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Applied today for an Ink Bold: denied. I opened 3 Chase personal cards in the last 8 months... I have a business I started last summer which doesn't gross much (yet)... Was told by credit analyst that they'd like to see my lines mature more for now before approving me and to see my business more established.

I opened my first Chase card in September and I have 3 Chase cards, all personal. The credit analyst told me he cannot approve me because:

1. My business is young (established last September, 3k gross so far)
2. My credit history with Chase is short (even too short to transfer credit lines from one card to the other)

Question: does chase run checks on businesses to verify income/sales? I would have been more bullish on my sales estimates but I wanted to be conservative.

How long would you let pass before reapplying?

Last edited by mia; Apr 24, 2013 at 7:55 am Reason: Combine two posts after moving from parallel thread
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Applied today for an Ink Bold: denied. I opened 3 Chase personal cards in the last 8 months... I have a business I started last summer which doesn't gross much (yet)... Was told by credit analyst that they'd like to see my lines mature more for now before approving me and to see my business more established.
Is it a sole proprietorship? Did you offer to move CL around?

Not sure what the point of your post is since you didn't ask any questions.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Is it a sole proprietorship? Did you offer to move CL around?

Not sure what the point of your post is since you didn't ask any questions.
Mine was more of a data point. I wanted to ask: how long should I wait before gettign approved?

I offered to move CL around,m but they said cannot do because all my accounts are fairly recent...
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Hard to answer without knowing what kind of business: sole prop, Sub S, LLC? And is it a risky operation? Those will all factor into the "how long."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.