Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Benefits of banking with Chase [Consolidated]

Benefits of banking with Chase [Consolidated]

Old Nov 25, 13, 6:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by steve4 View Post
Hi all, I have just obtained the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Freedom cards. I've had the Chase Ink Cash card since March. I would like to maximize the UR points earned by adding a Chase checking account to get the additional 10% annual bonus.

I currently don't have a Chase checking account, so I was wondering if I have to open a new one to get the bonus or can I become a joint holder of someone's account ?

I have too many inquiries in the past year and don't want to use another one to open up a new Chase checking account.
From my mom's experience, you are fine to be a joint holder. She applied for her first Chase CC's this summer and they automatically linked with my parent's joint account, so I assume you're fine to add yourself and the same will occur.
Old Nov 25, 13, 8:43 pm

What exactly did u tell the reconsideration line when u say u went back and forth . Needing down thing to tell when I call tomorrow ?
Old Dec 26, 13, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by ericphilbin View Post
I've been a CSP card holder for 1 month, no other previous relationship with Chase. I intend on getting more Chase cards in the future.

Is it worth getting a checking and/or savings account with Chase in order to foster a positive relationship with the bank?
It wouldn't hurt. If you have over $10K in balances you can have the branch submit a "special consideration" with your application. I have heard mixed results though.
Old Dec 29, 13, 11:30 am

I am really considering switching over to Ally bank from Chase because of the interest rates that you earn there, but I am worried that I will not get accepted for as many CC's if I do this. I have been with chase for about 10 years as my main banking institution. Any more knowledge on whether it affects your cc apps would be great.
Old Dec 29, 13, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I am really considering switching over to Ally bank from Chase because of the interest rates that you earn there, but I am worried that I will not get accepted for as many CC's if I do this. I have been with chase for about 10 years as my main banking institution. Any more knowledge on whether it affects your cc apps would be great.
Having a Chase banking relationship is always helpful to mention on recon. If you really want to switch, perhaps do an AOR with a couple of Chase CCs first.

PS: Why Ally? AmEx and Barclays savings yield more if you're going strictly for higher interest rates.
Old Dec 29, 13, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I think you need to weigh the pros and cons with switching your accounts.

Estimate the interest earned vs the benefits of your 10 year Chase relationship, the convenience of branch banking, credit cards, etc. You might also want to look at moving your funds from deposit accounts to investments to get a better yield.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: