Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Benefits of banking with Chase [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Benefits of banking with Chase [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: Flying and sleeping
You may still be able to get a $2k bonus spend offer at the branch. That's better than the $3k spend on the current public offer.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by djrez4
You may still be able to get a $2k bonus spend offer at the branch. That's better than the $3k spend on the current public offer.
But there are also a lot of people reporting issues getting the bonus when applying at branches.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JEStarr
So I'd have to be a Private client banker in order to get anything better than the usual offer?
Just because you are a PCB doesn't mean you will get any better offers, well unless you have Million plus with them.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Just because you are a PCB doesn't mean you will get any better offers, well unless you have Million plus with them.
Yes it does. CPC clients are entitled to a 50k CSP bonus. It's even listed on their public website as a benefit.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bribro
Yes it does. CPC clients are entitled to a 50k CSP bonus. It's even listed on their public website as a benefit.
I believe FlightNurse was probably speaking more in general and towards the UA MPE, Hyatt, WN cards, etc.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Yes, but there is a balance requirement to get these cards.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Yes, but there is a balance requirement to get these cards.
There is no balance requirement to get any Chase credit card except for the JPM Palladium and JPM Select, indirectly.

Your statement was "Just because you are a PCB doesn't mean you will get any better offers, well unless you have Million plus with them." That's factually incorrect because being a CPC client does mean you will get a better offer (in the case of the CSP), and I was just pointing that out.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

There is no balance requirement to get any Chase credit card except for the JPM Palladium and JPM Select, indirectly.

Your statement was "Just because you are a PCB doesn't mean you will get any better offers, well unless you have Million plus with them." That's factually incorrect because being a CPC client does mean you will get a better offer (in the case of the CSP), and I was just pointing that out.
Are you a CPC client?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 9:26 am

I'm a J.P. Morgan Private Bank client, and I have a couple of personal friends that work in wealth management including CPC.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:32 am
ebp

Worth signing up for Chase checking / savings?

I've been a CSP card holder for 1 month, no other previous relationship with Chase. I intend on getting more Chase cards in the future.

Is it worth getting a checking and/or savings account with Chase in order to foster a positive relationship with the bank?

Last edited by ebp; Nov 18, 2013 at 5:38 am
Old Nov 18, 2013, 9:21 am

If you plan on applying for multiple Chase cards, I think it's worth it assuming you have the appropriate balances/activity to never pay a fee. A banking relationship is something helpful to mention on recon, you get the 10% annual bonus on the Freedom card, you get checking/savings account sign-up bonuses, and any payments made to JPMC credit cards from a JPMC checking/savings account instantly free up available credit.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:43 pm

Can you tell me more about the freedom 10% annual bonus?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jaxxx
Can you tell me more about the freedom 10% annual bonus?
Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...dfathered.html
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
If you fill out a Business Credit Card application, the question is on there, do you have a Chase Checking Account and what is your average balance..

Get enough applications, and they will close the doors a bit, devaluing the points was just the first step, too many points are out there,,,,

Let's face it very few renew the credit cards so they slowed down the churns,

it is still a good game, watch your Credit Scores they are....
Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:04 pm

Chase Freedom Annual 10% Bonus

Hi all, I have just obtained the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Freedom cards. I've had the Chase Ink Cash card since March. I would like to maximize the UR points earned by adding a Chase checking account to get the additional 10% annual bonus.

I currently don't have a Chase checking account, so I was wondering if I have to open a new one to get the bonus or can I become a joint holder of someone's account ?

I have too many inquiries in the past year and don't want to use another one to open up a new Chase checking account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.