Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated]Ways to get Ultimate Rewards points quickly: advance, buy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive

Hi, I am suddenly needing 20,000 additional Chase Ultimate Rewards points to add to what I currently have in my account. Is there any way that I could either buy them, have some shared from a relative (with the same last name) or get them advanced from Chase?

My statement already closed for this month and so it'll be another month before I get them to post through ordinary credit card spending, so I'm looking for other options.

Thank you!
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:21 pm

So far I have not read of any anecdotes where you can get an advance from Chase, unlike AMEX, but the other 2 options are available.

You can either:
1) Purchase UR points at $25/1000
OR
2) Acquire them from people you know or relatives. The only information the tranferer would need to input to Chase is your credit card number and last name.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Perfect- thanks so much!
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:29 pm

How do u buy UR points?

Does the Chase website let u do that?

Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
5000 per month maximum...

You can purchase additional reward points in 1,000 point increments. Each 1,000 point increment costs $25 which will be billed to your credit card. These points will be immediately available to apply toward an award redemption. This purchase will be charged to your enrolled rewards credit card immediately. To select more than 1,000 points, enter the appropriate quantity of 1,000 point increments you would like, 1-5. (You may purchase up to 5,000 points in a calendar month.) Once you purchase points, they cannot be returned for credit for any reason.

Last edited by mia; Oct 2, 2012 at 10:27 am
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
How do u buy UR points?

From the UR Home Page:

"Manage Ultimate Rewards" --> "See Rewards Activity" --> "Purchase Points"
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
In some cases it MAY be cheaper to buy the airline miles or hotel points you plan on redeeming. Look into that as well before buying from Chase...
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: all
Right now you can buy united miles cheaper than that. Also Hyatt points are also a little cheaper buying from Hyatt. What are you buying the points for?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by pantanal
Right now you can buy united miles cheaper than that.
Please tell us where you can buy UR Points or United Miles for less than $.025. The only place I have ever seen it lower is when United runs their "40% Off" mile sale, but in order to get the very best rate of $.0228/mile you have to purchase 100,000 miles. Any purchase less than 100k and the price shoots above $.025.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by JaysonW
Please tell us where you can buy UR Points or United Miles for less than $.025. The only place I have ever seen it lower is when United runs their "40% Off" mile sale, but in order to get the very best rate of $.0228/mile you have to purchase 100,000 miles. Any purchase less than 100k and the price shoots above $.025.
I was referring to the 40% promo on United. You dont need to purchase 100k for the 40% off. It starts at 30,000

Here are the details

Miles get you to the places and people you love. Buy Miles for flights, hotel stays, car rentals and much more. Reach your awards faster when you save on the miles you need today.

Save 40% on the purchase of 30,000 MileagePlus miles or more.
Save 20% on the purchase of up to 30,000 miles.

Buy Personal Miles or Give Miles for less - only $28 per 1,000 miles when buying less than 30,000 award miles or only $21 per 1,000 miles when buying 30,000 or more award miles (normally $35 per 1,000 miles) plus a 7.5% excise tax for a limited time

We also dont know what he needs the miles for. If he wanted miles to transfer to say Hyatt or Marriott you can buy the miles cheaper from Hyatt directly and much cheaper from Marriott directly

Last edited by pantanal; Oct 4, 2012 at 10:07 am
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:15 pm

Gotcha!

The offer is dead from United though, but good catch - I stand corrected.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by JaysonW
Gotcha!

The offer is dead from United though, but good catch - I stand corrected.
The offer is not dead. It has been extended through October 31

http://www.ualmiles.com/PROMO_buymilesmailoffer.jsp

You need to go through this link

Last edited by mia; Oct 5, 2012 at 3:35 am Reason: clean link
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:59 am

Depending on how many points you need and how quickly you need them, you could make some purchases through the UR mall. Magazines.com is 30pts/mile and posts fairly quickly from my experience.

Edit: nevermind. Just realized you had already indicated you need the points before your statement closes. My bad.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:26 pm

The offer is not dead. It has been extended through October 31

http://www.ualmiles.com/PROMO_buymilesmailoffer.jsp

You need to go through this link

However, anybody wanting United miles for a star alliance redemption (I would rather just do the US air promo for half the cost of united miles and then redeem on united or star alliance)
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
However, anybody wanting United miles for a star alliance redemption (I would rather just do the US air promo for half the cost of united miles and then redeem on united or star alliance)
It's not really half the cost... The 'problem' with US Airways is that they do not allow one way bookings for 50% value, star alliance bookings have to go via callcenter, callcenter bookings incur high fees (award processing fee)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.