Miles&Points

Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs

Chase | Ultimate Rewards

Ridiculous Ultimate Rewards Mall credit run-around

Ridiculous Ultimate Rewards Mall credit run-around

Old Sep 29, 12, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down Ridiculous Ultimate Rewards Mall credit run-around

My last 3 purchases via UR have been a nightmare to get credited. Twice I was told I "did not purchase it via the Ultimate Rewards website" with the standard scripted explanation of how to use a web browser (I guess the last 25+ times I used the UR Mall slipped my mind and now I forgot how to use a web browser).

The last one put me over the edge...this was on a website via the UR Mall that uses Amazon Payments as it's checkout method. First, the clueless SMC rep says that he would not credit me the missing points at all. Then, the "Senior" rep says that I need to send, via mail, a copy of the receipt showing the purchase (even though it clearly shows on my Chase statement).

Chase, you advertise the UR Mall as one of the primary benefits of your card, and yet your flakey technology vendor and clueless e-mail reps make it a complete displeasure to use it.

Anyone else going through this lately?
Old Sep 29, 12, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Yeah, the UR website has been flakey in getting points to credit. But for purchases actually directly paid for with your Chase card (and not through Amazon payments or gift cards), you can just call and have your points credited.
Old Sep 29, 12, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by sdlevi27 View Post
My last 3 purchases via UR have been a nightmare to get credited. Twice I was told I "did not purchase it via the Ultimate Rewards website" with the standard scripted explanation of how to use a web browser (I guess the last 25+ times I used the UR Mall slipped my mind and now I forgot how to use a web browser).

The last one put me over the edge...this was on a website via the UR Mall that uses Amazon Payments as it's checkout method. First, the clueless SMC rep says that he would not credit me the missing points at all. Then, the "Senior" rep says that I need to send, via mail, a copy of the receipt showing the purchase (even though it clearly shows on my Chase statement).

Chase, you advertise the UR Mall as one of the primary benefits of your card, and yet your flakey technology vendor and clueless e-mail reps make it a complete displeasure to use it.

Anyone else going through this lately?
Did you use a chase credit card? Mind sharing what vendors you are having problems with.

For my own experience, never had any problems unless I use a non-chase card. Then the results are hit and miss.
Old Sep 29, 12, 8:57 pm

I have actually had problems every now and them when using my CSP card. The biggest offender seems to be Lowes which has a bad habit of reversing bonus points wrongly claiming I had returned the item(s).

They usually don't give me much trouble when using a UR point earning card and not a whole lot more for other Chase cards but you are out of luck with non-Chase cards for the most part.

Originally Posted by emax48 View Post
Did you use a chase credit card? Mind sharing what vendors you are having problems with.

For my own experience, never had any problems unless I use a non-chase card. Then the results are hit and miss.
Old Sep 29, 12, 10:36 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Here are my experiences -

Newegg- Purchase through UR using CSP- points posted within 3 days.

Sears- Purchase through UR using CSP- No points. Got them manually credited.
Purchase through UR using gift card - No points. Refused to credit me the points.

JCpenney- Purchase through UR mall BUT paid with AMEX- points posted after 3 weeks. Even though the CSRs said that the transaction DIDN'T track (when I called around the 2 week mark.)

Kohls- Purchase through UR, paid with CSP - One month later-no points. Got them manually credited.

The Sears and Newegg purchases were made with Google Chrome. The JCpenney and Kohls were done with Firefox. Both were hit and miss.

I think more than Chase, Cartera is to blame.
Old Sep 29, 12, 10:41 pm
Suspended

I receive email saying I earned this or that much points when I make purchase through UR website and paid with giftcards or other cards. I even see them in my UR activity but I have never see them actually being credited.
So Next time, I will either use the actual chase card or will click through cash back sites and other sites. IT JUST DOESN'T ACTUALLY WORK!
Old Sep 30, 12, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by pointnoob View Post
I have actually had problems every now and them when using my CSP card. The biggest offender seems to be Lowes which has a bad habit of reversing bonus points wrongly claiming I had returned the item(s).

They usually don't give me much trouble when using a UR point earning card and not a whole lot more for other Chase cards but you are out of luck with non-Chase cards for the most part.
Glad to know its not just me. I've had lowes claim I returned items at least 5 times. Made me switch to Home Depot
Old Sep 30, 12, 9:38 pm

Programs: SPG, HHonors
I'm new to the UR Mall. Maybe someone knows the answer to this: Do the extra points for using the UR Mall combine with the standard extra points on a Chase card?

Like, this month is 10x at the UR Mall through Kohls. The Freedom is now 5x for things purchased at Kohls. Does that mean that Freedom+ UR Mall + Kohls = 15x points, for example? Specifically I'm hoping to use my Ink Plus (5x in office stores) w/ UR Mall OfficeMax (3x UR Mall) to get 8x UR points on the purchase.
Old Sep 30, 12, 10:26 pm

Yes, on the Freedom card using the Kohls example let's say you spend $100 through the UR Mall. On your CC statement, it would show 100 points for purchase, 400 points for points earned in bonus categories and 1000 points earned through UR Mall. In other words you get 15x

Originally Posted by elBulli View Post
I'm new to the UR Mall. Maybe someone knows the answer to this: Do the extra points for using the UR Mall combine with the standard extra points on a Chase card?

Like, this month is 10x at the UR Mall through Kohls. The Freedom is now 5x for things purchased at Kohls. Does that mean that Freedom+ UR Mall + Kohls = 15x points, for example? Specifically I'm hoping to use my Ink Plus (5x in office stores) w/ UR Mall OfficeMax (3x UR Mall) to get 8x UR points on the purchase.
Old Sep 30, 12, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by meowmix3001 View Post
Yeah, the UR website has been flakey in getting points to credit. But for purchases actually directly paid for with your Chase card (and not through Amazon payments or gift cards), you can just call and have your points credited.
Seems like this could be exploited easily...
Old Jan 14, 13, 10:10 am

Anybody get denied manual credit? I went through the UR mall and made several large purchases at Kohls WITH MY CHASE card, and never got points. Chase says this:

Qualifying purchases made through the Ultimate Rewards
Mall website are eligible to earn bonus rewards. Our
records indicate the transactions at www.Kohls.com for
$xxxx and $xxxx that posted to your Chase credit
card on December xx, 2012 didn?t qualify to earn bonus
points.

Please note that when a qualifying purchase is made at the
Ultimate Rewards Mall, you will receive a confirmation
email of the bonus points earned within five days of the
transaction being billed to your Chase credit card
account.

Convenient how when I make small purchases at kohls, I receive the bonus points in a few days. When I make large purchases, nothing ever comes through.
Old Jan 14, 13, 8:58 pm

I've had an issue as well. Made a large purchase on Blue Nile with the CSP card back in August that never posted. I called when I noticed I didn't receive the points. I was told I'd have to wait up to 8 weeks for it to post. Once it didn't, I called and they gave the boilerplate response about what i did wrong. I showed them to credit statement with the purchase and they said I'd have to wait 45 days for them to investigate.

After 45 days with no response I called back and they said they were going to send it over to marketing and I would get a response after 7-10 days.

After two weeks I called back and was told they would need to investigate and they would give me a response in 45 days. I finally lost it and complained about getting the runaround. A couple days later they called back and said they'd give me the points on the next statement. I guess I'll see what happens in a couple weeks. But it's been an extremely frustrating experience (especially since I've routinely used an Amex purchase with no problems, but when I use my CSP I get the runaround for 4 months).
Old Jan 15, 13, 12:02 am

I have never been able to log in to the UR mall. IE and Chrome both. Any suggestions on how to fix that? It just kicks me out and ask for log in again.
Old Jan 15, 13, 8:15 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mmamminna View Post
I have never been able to log in to the UR mall.
There is no need to log into the Mall directly. Login to chase.com > Go to Ultimate Rewards > Earn Faster > Earn Bonus Points at the Ultimate Rewards Mall.
Old Jan 15, 13, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
There is no need to log into the Mall directly. Login to chase.com > Go to Ultimate Rewards > Earn Faster > Earn Bonus Points at the Ultimate Rewards Mall.
Thank you, Mia. Unfortunately, same thing. Any other suggestions? TIA

Search this Thread