Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ridiculous Ultimate Rewards Mall credit run-around

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ridiculous Ultimate Rewards Mall credit run-around

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Is it "official Chase policy" that only purchases made with the Sapphire or Ink cards through the uR mall qualify for the extra points? I made a purchase from Hotwire using the Hyatt card and in response to my secure message I got the line that the Hyatt card does not qualify.

I know that people have been getting points using other cards, and I couldn't find anything in the T&Cs, although there is some slippery language that states "you will get a notification via e-mail after 3-5 days after checking out with your Chase card" or something like that.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:01 am

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by drminn
Is it "official Chase policy" that only purchases made with the Sapphire or Ink cards through the uR mall qualify for the extra points? I made a purchase from Hotwire using the Hyatt card and in response to my secure message I got the line that the Hyatt card does not qualify.

I know that people have been getting points using other cards, and I couldn't find anything in the T&Cs, although there is some slippery language that states "you will get a notification via e-mail after 3-5 days after checking out with your Chase card" or something like that.
Here's a thread you'll find interesting.
Experiences using non-Chase card at UR mall

Also read THIS post by Mia

The general consensus is that as long as you used a Chase CC, you should be able to get the points, because NOWHERE does it state that you need to use the CHASE SAPPHIRE card...just "use your Chase card".

Using a non-Chase card should technically be allowed, because it doesn't say anything in the T&C that a Chase MUST be used...but getting agents to honor this is a HUGE YMMV.

My suggestion to you- Use twitter (if you don't have an account, create one). I use twitter ONLY for customer support. I find that the people on the Twitter team DO get things done and have much more power than the regular CSR.
https://twitter.com/ChaseSupport
Send them a tweet and they should be able to fix this for you.

Good luck! Do let us know how this works out for you.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:27 pm

Resolved

I didn't take no for an answer from the first line CSR (obviously overseas) and got the following response from somebody in the US.

Dear drminn,

Thank you for your email.

Let me begin by saying that I sincerely apologize for any
confusion. At the Ultimate Rewards Mall, you certainly
can use any of your Chase credit cards for payment at
checkout.

Upon further review of your Sapphire Preferred account
ending in xx, our records show that the following
Hotwire.com order was processed through the Ultimate
Rewards Mall and earned bonus points:

04/09/2013 Hotwire Order #xxxxxxxxxxxx $31.90 64 extra
Please allow up to 45 days for the bonus points to post to
your Chase Sapphire Preferred account ending in xx.

It was a pleasure to assist you. If you have any further
questions, please reply using the Secure Message Center.

Thank you,
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by drminn
I didn't take no for an answer from the first line CSR (obviously overseas) and got the following response from somebody in the US.
Excellent! Glad it worked out for you!
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:48 am

Extra bonus points

Get this one, went through UR mall to buy from sears ($1120 worth). Points post within 3 days, however, for only $700 worth. Contact Chase via email, advising that points posted for the wrong amount. After a minor amount of hassle (sending in receipt, them dealing with Sears and Cartera, etc) and another two weeks wait or so, points are posted for full amount of purchase. Awesome, right?! Also, didn't reverse initial points that were posted, so got credit for both! Now, that is awesome (inept, but awesome) customer service!
Old May 2, 2013, 5:52 pm

Is it just me or has the frequency of not receiving points been increasing at the UR Mall?

Prior to April, in the past six months I have made about 30 purchases and not received points just once which was quickly adjusted by Chase. In April alone I have had 2 orders from Kohls and 2 orders from Nordstroms not receive points. In addition, a Lowes ordered received points only to have them reversed a week later saying "Online Refund" though I never made a return. I secure email Chase and was basically told "too bad", which caused me to send a semi-nasty email to see if they will change their mind.

The UR Mall is becoming worthless if they won't give you the points you are due. Anyone else think it is getting worse?
Old May 3, 2013, 8:30 am

I actually just had the opposite experience. After trouble with 3 or 4 purchases earlier this year I just got points for a purchase from Apple, paid with a gift card and Amex, and Staples, paid with Ink.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by timeo1
The UR Mall is becoming worthless if they won't give you the points you are due. Anyone else think it is getting worse?
Yes...except when I make minor (approx $50) buys. I have had it, will cancel my CSP card as soon as the next statement posts and I transfer my points. Just not worth it.

My latest exchange:
1) "You didn't use the website right." Sent proof...
2) "You didn't use a registered card" um....you don't need to "register" a CSP
3) "You're right, you used the website and the right card, we have the transactions and you just need to be patient and wait up to 45 days." Apparently the rep couldn't add, as it was after 45 days. I still waited a few weeks.
4) "We have no record, you need to provide receipts."

At that point, I gave up and called. I explained that have zero confidence that providing the receipts (if I can find them) will solve the problem given the increasing runaround. No satisfaction.

I'm not going to waste any more time over 3k points, but want to warn folks that Chase seems to be withholding on larger purchases. My smaller one since then all posted.

Back to the AA or United portal for me....
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Maybe I'm just lucky, but I haven't had a UR Mall SNAFU in a while. I recently had some bonus points post for a Marriott stay (took about 2 weeks from check out, but happened automatically). Also had about 40k in UR Mall points post for some Nordstrom purchases just a few days after the transacations posted on my card.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 5:26 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Anyone ever get that message via SM telling you to wait 45 days, and if the UR points still haven't been credited then contact them again? 45 DAYS?! It's been 52 and I just messaged them. Let's see what they say now.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 9:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by agp423
...wait 45 days.
Why does this surprise you?

Transactions and extra points should appear within 6 to 8 weeks after the transaction has been charged to your Chase account.
https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...&jp_ltg=footer

Points typically appear on the ‘My Rewards Activity’ page on the Ultimate Rewards website within 3-5 days after purchase but are dependent upon the shipping or fulfillment of the item. However, the posting of bonus rewards may take longer than two billing cycles to post depending on a Merchant's policies, for example, many travel-related Merchants will not post rewards until after travel has commenced. Providers reserve the right to reverse the posting of any bonus rewards in the event that a transaction is cancelled, returned or otherwise reversed, or in the event that a Merchant makes a determination that a transaction was ineligible, abusive, fraudulent or involved gaming behavior.
https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...and_Conditions
Old Aug 9, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Anyone ever get that message via SM telling you to wait 45 days, and if the UR points still haven't been credited then contact them again? 45 DAYS?! It's been 52 and I just messaged them. Let's see what they say now.
It varies from merchant to merchant, but I usually get my UR mall bonus points within 2 weeks. However, it very clearly states it could take 6-8 weeks.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:22 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by mia
Why does this surprise you?
How many cases are there of people getting their UR points after the 7th week just by waiting?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: AA, UA, US
How many cases are there of people getting their UR points after the 7th week just by waiting?
historically i have gotten an email saying you have earned extra UR's within a week of using UR mall and points would post when the statement closed. this time, no email, its been over 10 days so lets see how this one goes
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:38 pm

I got off the phone today with a CSR trying to argue the point that I did make the purchase through the URmall.

CSR:"I see that you went to the site but I don't show that you made the purchase."
me: "well, you can see that there was the transaction on the statement for that day."
CSR: "Did you complete the transaction on the same visit or go back to the site later to buy it?"
me: "I put it in my cart, went back to the UR Mall and checked out from the cart like I was told be a CSR months ago because I had this same problem"
CSR: "No, you have to visit the site, find all the products and add it to the cart and check out on the same visit."
Me: "That is not what your fellow employee told me."

Reads a bunch of scripts and then credits me 2000 points.

How do you all purchase things? My way or the CSRs way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.