Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ridiculous Ultimate Rewards Mall credit run-around

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ridiculous Ultimate Rewards Mall credit run-around

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
I am having a problem with points posting from the Ultimate Rewards Mall. I called Chase yesterday (I have all the emails from Chase congratulating me on bonus points). Over 1,200 points from July and August still have not posted. I should hear back by Monday. It's very frustrating.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:08 am

I have over 40,000 points not posting from the UR mall
Old Jan 16, 2013, 8:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mmamminna
Any other suggestions? TIA
  • Go to Chase.com
  • Login
  • Click: Secure Message Center
  • Click: Send New Message
  • Choose: Inquiries > Online > Select Topic > Technical Inquiries
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:35 pm

Received this response today

I have reviewed your purchase at Kohls.com and found that
you used a 20% discount for the Kohls purchase. Please
keep in mind that you may only use coupons or promotion
codes from the Ultimate Rewards Mall and no other sites.
This may be the reason the bonus points did not post.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:36 pm

They DID, however, give me a one time credit of the missing UR points. Looks like no more kohls shopping for me
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
I don't understand why people still don't take the time to TAKE SCREENSHOTS of every step of the purchase. I screenshot:
Chase UR Home
Vendor's UR page (showing point multiplier)
Landing page ("you are now on your way to earning 5x at ACME retailer")
Vendor's home page
Product 1 page
etc

Every time I click, I screenshot through check out including confirmation page.... the timestamp of the screen shotimage along with the computer clock (included in screenshot) shows the exact order ... on a mac it's command + shift + 3 and it sreenshots the whole page to the desktop

then I create a new folder on the desktop, name it "1-17-13 ACME (Chase)" since sometimes I use other airline malls and then put that new folder in my "points screenshots" folder which has every cc app and every referral mall purchase I've ever made in it.

The entire process probably adds less than 1 minute to the total time to complete a transaction and it's well worth it....
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have been having a lot of trouble getting Marriott purchases through the UR mall to post. Do they just take longer than other vendors? or has anyone else had problems with Marriott too? I will fill out the form online, but fear they wont award the points. It was a fairly large stay so I would be upset if the points don't post.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
I'm finding the postings to be infrequent and not correct, even without using coupon codes. I just keep emailing them and asking for the points. PITA.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
My two most recent purchases were not credited. Both purchases were made with my Chase Ink Bold card. Tried to resolve this first via secure message, then via phone, but all I received were canned answers. Finally decided to give up, it's just not worth my time anymore.

Merchant:
Shoebuy.com: I made two purchases three days apart, the first one was credited, but the second one did not "qualify". No actual reason was given after multiple attempts.

OfficeMax.om: Made a purchase, took screenshots at each step, sent them for investigation when the bonus points did not come in. This is what amazed me: those screentshots did not prove that I made the purchase via UR Mall.

I have email confirmations for the purchases, credit card statement, even screenshots. One CSR basically told me that unless she was sitting next to me when I made the purchases, there's no way for her (or Chase) to determine that I actually made the purchases via UR Mall.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Hmmm. It would be interesting to know what causes the problems. I have used Amex cards to complete the purchase, coupons from third parties and bought gift cards to restaurants through office stores. I always get the points.

With the coupons and the purchase of gift cards I realized the credit might not happen, but it always seems to work.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:22 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

There have been a slew of threads complaining about Cartera, the company the runs the points malls for most of the airlines. Yesterday I was reading a thread from a couple of years ago, in which several posters suggested that letters be written to Chase, AA, etc regarding the extremely shoddy practices of posting points via the Cartera operated portals. Marathon Man here on flyertalk wrote an excellent letter of complaint that is worth reviewing. I just looked for the thread but was unable to track it down.

Some of the main points include: Lost or missing points; points denial; lack of response to emails; no direct point of contact except email; extreme length of time between activity and points posting-- and this compounded when a dispute is underway-- it can be months and months.

I would really appreciate a "Shopping Portal" master thread here at Flyertalk. I frequently have portal shopping questions. There are some good posts in the AA shopping portal thread (under the American Airlines sub forum), and also a search for "Cartera" will give you a place to start.

In short-- getting the points posted can be troublesome, but there is currently no other alternative.

Here are some links posted by Ritz in the NYTimes thread:

AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors (consolidated)

The Cartera Comedy Club

SO Mad at AAdvantageE-Shopping / ADT / AAdvantage Customer Service!

2515 miles for registering at sittercity.com via AA eShopping (not honored)

AAdvantage eShopping 2009 Holiday Promo = Epic Fail???

Last edited by StartinSanDiego; Mar 12, 2013 at 10:15 am Reason: Found post with links and added them
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brewernq
Received this response today

I have reviewed your purchase at Kohls.com and found that
you used a 20% discount for the Kohls purchase. Please
keep in mind that you may only use coupons or promotion
codes from the Ultimate Rewards Mall and no other sites.
This may be the reason the bonus points did not post.
If you would have taken a look at the T&C for Kohls on the UR Mall site you would have read that coupons above 15% do not qualify as a purchase towards bonus points.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ellaq2008
My two most recent purchases were not credited. Both purchases were made with my Chase Ink Bold card. Tried to resolve this first via secure message, then via phone, but all I received were canned answers. Finally decided to give up, it's just not worth my time anymore.

Merchant:
Shoebuy.com: I made two purchases three days apart, the first one was credited, but the second one did not "qualify". No actual reason was given after multiple attempts.

OfficeMax.om: Made a purchase, took screenshots at each step, sent them for investigation when the bonus points did not come in. This is what amazed me: those screentshots did not prove that I made the purchase via UR Mall.

I have email confirmations for the purchases, credit card statement, even screenshots. One CSR basically told me that unless she was sitting next to me when I made the purchases, there's no way for her (or Chase) to determine that I actually made the purchases via UR Mall.
That's not good to hear about Shoebuy because I have an outstanding purchase with them from Christmas where the points have yet to credit to my account. The UR Mall is so weird. During the holidays I went through it in one single afternoon and made five purchases from five different stores with my CSP card. 3 hit my account within 5 business days, the other two no such luck and have yet to hit. It truly is a gamble, however, Chase has always given me the points after a quick phone call. All I have ever had to do is provide the order number.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by JaysonW
That's not good to hear about Shoebuy because I have an outstanding purchase with them from Christmas where the points have yet to credit to my account. The UR Mall is so weird. During the holidays I went through it in one single afternoon and made five purchases from five different stores with my CSP card. 3 hit my account within 5 business days, the other two no such luck and have yet to hit. It truly is a gamble, however, Chase has always given me the points after a quick phone call. All I have ever had to do is provide the order number.
For my first purchase there, the bonus points were credited in three days, that's actually my first ever UR Mall purchase, so I was quite thrilled.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 2:31 pm

I've noticed that the best way to get Chase's attention through SM is with negative comments "poor customer service," "unacceptable," "escalate" blah blah blah. I've always been denied the points on my first request, but only after getting angry did I get the courtesy points. Had to fight to get 2300 Ultimate Reward points to post for my booking at Atlantis (categorized as a director marketer and not travel, what bs) but ultimately I'm always satisfied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.