Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Luxury Hotel Collection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by mia
It would be terrific if you could flesh out this conclusion by explaining what you mean by limited.
FHR hotels in LAS now provide a spa credit rather than F&B, I'd much rather use the F&B credit that comes with Signature bookings. In addition the room blocks are often limited to the most expensive suites while LHRC lets you choose from the run of the house although it appears that AmEx has their Hotel Collection for that purpose. Finally ability to book online is disabled for many FHR properties.
mia, akr1970akr and GundamWing01 like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Tanic
FHR hotels in LAS now provide a spa credit rather than F&B, I'd much rather use the F&B credit that comes with Signature bookings. In addition the room blocks are often limited to the most expensive suites while LHRC lets you choose from the run of the house although it appears that AmEx has their Hotel Collection for that purpose. Finally ability to book online is disabled for many FHR properties.
As I mentioned in a previous post, FHR frequently offers free night promotions (usually 3rd or 4th night free), LHRC never offers that. Do you genuinely believe that a food and beverage credit is of greater value than a complimentary night? Especially at higher end properties?

We've been using FHR stays for many, many years (+10yrs at least) and I've never experienced situations where "room blocks are often limited to the most experiences suites" I'll easily call BS on that one.

I share the frustration on online booking being disable on my FHR properties and this seems to be a phenomena that is getting worse, not better and I don't really know why but agree it's incredibly annoying.

Finally, for those obsessed with the F&B credit in Vegas vs. a spa credit, I wouldn't for a moment assume that will last. It's quite likely that change is being driving by the properties themselves not by Amex and it's possible that contract negotiations with Amex have occurred on a different time table than with Chase.

Regards
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by scubadu
We've been using FHR stays for many, many years (+10yrs at least) and I've never experienced situations where "room blocks are often limited to the most experiences suites" I'll easily call BS on that one.
Your words. Not mine.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:50 pm

FHR is too limited in its usefulness so I haven't used it. FWIW booking through LHRC shows both the deposit and balance as charged by the hotel on the Chase bill and entire amount was forwarded to Hyatt.
thank you for the super helpful information. everything makes sense now. your depo and balance was charged by the hotel and thats probably why you got the credits. issues related to not getting both mlife/hyatt credit has been around FHR prepay 5x MR since vegas properties now require prepay. no longer allows paying at the hotel. i guess its Virtuoso for me then since i want to use amex offers but not be forced into 5x MR or chase cards for LHR.

As I mentioned in a previous post, FHR frequently offers free night promotions (usually 3rd or 4th night free), LHRC never offers that. Do you genuinely believe that a food and beverage credit is of greater value than a complimentary night? Especially at higher end properties?

I share the frustration on online booking being disable on my FHR properties and this seems to be a phenomena that is getting worse, not better and I don't really know why but agree it's incredibly annoying.

Finally, for those obsessed with the F&B credit in Vegas vs. a spa credit, I wouldn't for a moment assume that will last. It's quite likely that change is being driving by the properties themselves not by Amex and it's possible that contract negotiations with Amex have occurred on a different time table than with Chase.

Regards
first of all, we were discussing FHR/LHR vegas properties and getting both mlife/hyatt credits. hence Tanic was talking about the FHR "deval" related to vegas properties since FB credit was lost, room types are limited w/ rates being generally higher vs booking direct (if you have mlife status), and youre forced to use amex which may or may not be useful depending on your own needs. also, vegas FHR no longer allows paying at the hotel. some dont care about this change, but i do.

if you have a long single property stay and highly value 3/4th night free, good for you. keep doing your thing with FHR. however, what happens when you only have 2 nights or 1 night? many use FHR or LHR to break up various nights with various properties to get FB credit and other benefits multiple days in a row. some dont mind moving around and some hate it. everyone values things differently.

its great you have been using FHR for 10+ years. but should already know that some things are changing. maybe no FHR changes for all the locations you visit in your 10+ years of experience, but for vegas properties, there are restrictions.

lastly, in terms of FB credit changes with other TA, only time will tell. sure, the change may have been requested by the various participating properties, but lets look at other explanations. could it be possible that due to the massive use/abuse/exploit of FHR and the fact that everyone including their dog and gold fish has an amex plat, the changes are solely focused on FHR contracts? meaning, the FB credit for other TA will remain intact? TBD.
Tanic likes this.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Feb 16, 2019 at 2:15 pm
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:08 pm

Your words. Not mine.
Well, actually the quoted words are indeed actually yours. Do you feel I misunderstood your intent? If so, please clarify. I'm genuinely interested to understand how folks can value the Chase program more highly than the FHR program without any type of complementary night promotion.

Additionally, the question remains; do you or do you not value a F&B credit higher than a complementary night? That to me is the fundamental flaw of the Chase program. We tend to stay at higher end properties so a complementary night tends to be far, far more valuable than a F&B credit. Do you disagree with that? If yes, would be interested to see actual numbers as an example.

Regards
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:13 pm

Well, actually the quoted words are indeed actually yours. Do you feel I misunderstood your intent? If so, please clarify. I'm genuinely interested to understand how folks can value the Chase program more highly than the FHR program without any type of complementary night promotion.

Additionally, the question remains; do you or do you not value a F&B credit higher than a complementary night? That to me is the fundamental flaw of the Chase program. We tend to stay at higher end properties so a complementary night tends to be far, far more valuable than a F&B credit. Do you disagree with that? If yes, would be interested to see actual numbers as an example.

Regards
you need to factor in the travel patterns and behaviors of others. youre limiting the FB valuation solely based on your own needs and experience.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
you need to factor in the travel patterns and behaviors of others. youre limiting the FB valuation solely based on your own needs and experience.
Rather than speaking in generalities, how about actually providing an example? I hold the CSR as well and believe it or not, I am actually interested in finding value from the LHRC if there is value to be found.

Regards
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Hotel Collections: All the Same?

Is the LHRC https://www.lhrcollection.com/ substantially different compared to the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection https://www.visa-infinite.com/bq/vis...tel-collection or the Visa Signature Hotel Collection https://www.visasignaturehotels.com/ ?

Also if the Visa Infinite is really diferrent, is the https://www.visasignaturehotels.com/ a legit site worthy of entering my credit card?

Many thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Very brief discussion here:

VISA Infinite vs. Chase Luxury Hotel & Resorts Collection (LHR) benefits?

Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Experiences?
747FC likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:56 pm

Sorry stupid question. I read the whole thread and still can’t figure this out. For MGM properties, do the chase LHRC rates include taxes? It’s clear it doesn’t include resort fees, but not sure about taxes.

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by UCitiFlyer
Sorry stupid question. I read the whole thread and still can’t figure this out. For MGM properties, do the chase LHRC rates include taxes? It’s clear it doesn’t include resort fees, but not sure about taxes.
My March 2019 stay at The Signature LV was booked online with Rate only in the pricing, ~$426 for 3 nights. Upon checkout was ++ with the tax of ~13.38% and resort fee of $37 + 4.95 tax / day added to the total ~$600 / night. The taxes on room and resort fee and resort fee add ~$60 per night depending on the night. My blended ADR for the stay was ~$142.33 / night (excluding tax)

Hope that helps you decide.

Also of note -
From looking at the difference between the MLife member pricing v LHR pricing, the inclusions of the $100 plus daily breakfast was about a wash. The room upgrade, early / late checkout were the only incremental value adds.

My Hyatt status is matched to MLife Pearl. I was able to add my MLife # number at the time of check-in. I earned MLife Tier points during the stay on ALL charges, gratuity excluded. Forgot to add my Hyatt # so am in the process of requesting missing tier night credit.

Was able to add 2ppl to the reservation (only 1 upon check in) for the 2p/day breakfast credit. Check-in agent momentarily paused over that when she saw it was only 1 person checking in but did not press. Ordered breakfast and to go lunch daily to get the full credit on the "breakfast". Was offsite anyway, so it was great to be able to take lunch with me. $100 F&B credit used no problem for dinner over the stay at designated restaurants at MGM.

No upgrade offered. Didn't press. Base room is good size with sitting space and large bath, whirlpool soaking tub. Complimentary Valet parking was included in rate which was an added bonus as I had a rental car for 2 days of the stay.

Last edited by Lynnie_Bee; Mar 15, 2019 at 6:54 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by UCitiFlyer

Thanks!
When I stayed at the Fairmont in DC, there was no extra taxes or fees. The cost I got on the confirmation email was the total.Total Due at Hotel:$355.56 USDTotal Due Today:$0.00 USDItinerary Total:$355.56
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by howie411
When I stayed at the Fairmont in DC, there was no extra taxes or fees. The cost I got on the confirmation email was the total.Total Due at Hotel:$355.56 USDTotal Due Today:$0.00 USDItinerary Total:$355.56
Did you happen to stay at the Fairmont DC over a weekend? If so, how do they handle breakfast? Do you get the full brunch buffet? Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Did you happen to stay at the Fairmont DC over a weekend? If so, how do they handle breakfast? Do you get the full brunch buffet? Thanks
Yep, was over the weekend (Sat to Sun) and we got a full breakfast at Juniper for 2 included. Was delicious!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by howie411
Yep, was over the weekend (Sat to Sun) and we got a full breakfast at Juniper for 2 included. Was delicious!
Thanks for the info. We have a two night stay Friday-Sunday, so I'm excited for it! We're going for a wedding, and I was able to book a Capital Corner Suite through LHRC for about the same price as a standard King in the wedding block.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.