Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Luxury Hotel Collection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:54 am

Look like NoMad Las Vegas and ParkMGM is on the list now. The Chase list of the hotel at Las Vegas is more impressive than Amex FHR. And with the property credit vs the quite useless spa credit FHR offers.
United747 and 747FC like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by neuro0
Look like NoMad Las Vegas and ParkMGM is on the list now. The Chase list of the hotel at Las Vegas is more impressive than Amex FHR. And with the property credit vs the quite useless spa credit FHR offers.
The main problem I have with the Chase program, relative to FHR, is that Amex FHR frequently has 3rd or 4th night free offers where Chase has never seemed to offer that. The property credit is more than swamped relative to a free night.

Regards
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:32 am

Sorry if this is repeated. I want to book one night next week for MGM under the chase luxury collection. Will I be able to book with my CSR and also add my mlife and world of hyatt account numbers at check in to acquire hyatt tier nights and mlife tier points plus 3x UR points?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ddspade
Sorry if this is repeated. I want to book one night next week for MGM under the chase luxury collection. Will I be able to book with my CSR and also add my mlife and world of hyatt account numbers at check in to acquire hyatt tier nights and mlife tier points plus 3x UR points?
If you book an MGM property through Chase Luxury Hotel Collection, your stay would qualify for earnings in the M Life and UR programs, but not Hyatt. I don't have status with Hyatt, so I can't comment on if they honor any Hyatt elite benefits on LHC booking.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR

I have used LHC at Aria and had no problem earning Hyatt points on the stay. My qualifying CC is Chase Ink Plus so there's no hotel multiplier. I would think CSR would earn 3x
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
The main problem I have with the Chase program, relative to FHR, is that Amex FHR frequently has 3rd or 4th night free offers where Chase has never seemed to offer that. The property credit is more than swamped relative to a free night.
well not only that, as mia mentioned in an earlier post, card sponsored programs like LHC or FHR force you to use certain cards vs Virtuoso. hence im looking into them now and probably going to use them exclusively unless i want special promos or amex 5x MR or some other type of chase sponsored points.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tanic
I have used LHC at Aria and had no problem earning Hyatt points on the stay. My qualifying CC is Chase Ink Plus so there's no hotel multiplier. I would think CSR would earn 3x
For reference, when I e-mailed MGM about this a few days after my LHC stay in May 2018, the response they provided was
The following stays were ineligible because we show that they were booked through a 3rd party. (Signature Travel Network/Loyalty Travel.) Unfortunately, 3rd party reservations are not eligible for Hyatt points.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
You definitely can add your mlife and Hyatt numbers at check in. You definitely earn Hyatt points and 3x UR points. But I do not know whether you earn Hyatt tier nights.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett
You definitely can add your mlife and Hyatt numbers at check in. You definitely earn Hyatt points and 3x UR points. But I do not know whether you earn Hyatt tier nights.
I earned 5 Hyatt points/dollar and the nights counted toward tier, yet the official rules say otherwise. Hopefully that stays in Vegas.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
well not only that, as mia mentioned in an earlier post, card sponsored programs like LHC or FHR force you to use certain cards vs Virtuoso. hence im looking into them now and probably going to use them exclusively unless i want special promos or amex 5x MR or some other type of chase sponsored points.
I have no problem using the required card for an offering that said card is sponsoring and that brings me value. Why should I expect card vendor B to reap the reward of the spend for a benefit that is provided and underwritten by card vendor A?

That type of behavior is how we end up not getting to have nice things...

Regards
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:13 pm

I earned 5 Hyatt points/dollar and the nights counted toward tier, yet the official rules say otherwise. Hopefully that stays in Vegas.
but sounds like others had different experiences. when did you stay last?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:09 pm

when did you stay last?
Just a couple of weeks ago, but stays from last year went to Hyatt too.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:23 pm

Just a couple of weeks ago, but stays from last year went to Hyatt too.
hmm. very interesting. appreciate the insight. have you tried with FHR? im curious if the DPs related to not getting both hyatt/mlife credits only come from FHR but not other TA.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:24 am

hmm. very interesting. appreciate the insight. have you tried with FHR? im curious if the DPs related to not getting both hyatt/mlife credits only come from FHR but not other TA.
FHR is too limited in its usefulness so I haven't used it. FWIW booking through LHRC shows both the deposit and balance as charged by the hotel on the Chase bill and entire amount was forwarded to Hyatt.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
FHR is too limited in its usefulness ....
It would be terrific if you could flesh out this conclusion by explaining what you mean by limited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.