Chase Luxury Hotel Collection

Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
FWIW, I have had issues about not using an Amex at checkout on FHR reservations. Depends on the agent that you draw.

What has worked for me is before breakfast on checkout day, I stop by front desk and ask to make a payment on my account and use a non-amex but leave a few bucks owed so folio is open. After breakfast, I check out and try to avoid same agent.
thank you. awesome tip. not sure how i missed that given I do exactly your suggestion when there are amex offers i need to hit/prepay asap before the expiration and checkout date. i have def heard of your issue a few times on various threads so i appreciate the warning. but what about LHC? do they ever ask for a specific card? doesnt sound like it.

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Has anyone been able to book a room type that doesn't show up when searching online? I'm trying to book the Aria Studio Panoramic Suite. It's available on the Aria and MLife websites for the nights I want but isn't showing up on LHRC website. I'm curious if others have had success doing something similar and if you have any tips on how to "coach" the phone agent to find/book it. Thanks
dont know the exact answer, but what would happen if you upgrade after you book it via phone or upon arrival? i assume its possible while keeping LHC benefits.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
. ..... but what about LHC? do they ever ask for a specific card? doesnt sound like it.
Using an Amex at checkout is explicitly required in the FHR T&C but not enforced by all front desk so YMMV on them. For LHRC, there is nothing in the T&C that require using any sort of card at checkout and I have never had an agent ask or care but "policy" can be whatever the agent thinks it should be.

You do need the first six digits of an eligible Chase card (not a full card number) to get into the LHRC website though.
akr1970akr and GundamWing01 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
dont know the exact answer, but what would happen if you upgrade after you book it via phone or upon arrival? i assume its possible while keeping LHC benefits.
That's a good idea. I've never called a hotel about changing a LHRC or FHR reservation, but it might work. I don't want to wait until check-in because there are a limited number of Panoramic Suites and they're priced closer to a King Strip View room than the higher level suites. Of course the other option is to book the strip view room and hope for a Corner Suite upgrade as advertised, but that's not guaranteed.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:42 am

Park Hyatt Saigon as shown on the LHRC portal seems a bit underwhelming. Standard rates with $100 per stay/room, welcome amenity, and as available: upgrade room, early checkin and late checkout.
Probably gonna go look on Virtuoso and/or Hyatt Prive
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:28 pm

Using an Amex at checkout is explicitly required in the FHR T&C but not enforced by all front desk so YMMV on them. For LHRC, there is nothing in the T&C that require using any sort of card at checkout and I have never had an agent ask or care but "policy" can be whatever the agent thinks it should be.

You do need the first six digits of an eligible Chase card (not a full card number) to get into the LHRC website though.
thank you for all your input. very helpful.
i was looking at vegas properties for this week and wondered about a few other things:

1) im curious about deposits charged via LHC. do they come straight from the hotel? i believe for FHR, all prepayments show up as "AMEX FINE HOTELS RES" so amex offers and other hotel specific bonuses do not get triggered unless you pay for the remainder of your bill at the front desk. but for LHC, if the charges come straight from the hotel then its great to use a hotel specific visa or MC. although no amex is allowed. would have to use amex onsite upon checkout as you had mentioned.

2) when specifically looking at vegas properties, ive noticed LHC mentions "Due at Hotel" vs "Due Today" and usually nothing is "Due Today". hence my question above. i assume when nothing is "Due Today", no deposit is required and i just need to use any visa or MC to secure the reservation with nothing charged? thats huge vs FHR for vegas properties because now I see them as requiring prepayment for 5x MR. i thought for FHR, you dont need to prepay anything, but i guess that has changed for 2019. when i check other random cities, prepayment is not required and there is an option to "Pay At Hotel". going back to No.1 above, FHR prepayment is not ideal due to the MCC from amex travel vs the hotel itself. im wondering about your experience.

3) lastly, i find it very strange and annoying that i can not book LHC last minute and book for the current day. meaning all reservations have to begin tomorrow. for example, today is Sunday. i cant book for check-in on Sunday. must check-in on monday. not true for FHR. has it always been this way?

thank you again.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Jan 27, 2019 at 1:40 pm
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:47 pm

t...

1) im curious about deposits charged via LHC. do they come straight from the hotel? i believe for FHR, all prepayments show up as "AMEX FINE HOTELS RES" so amex offers and other hotel specific bonuses do not get triggered unless you pay for the remainder of your bill at the front desk. but for LHC, if the charges come straight from the hotel then its great to use a hotel specific visa or MC. although no amex is allowed. would have to use amex onsite upon checkout as you had mentioned.

2) when specifically looking at vegas properties, ive noticed LHC mentions "Due at Hotel" vs "Due Today" and usually nothing is "Due Today". hence my question above. i assume when nothing is "Due Today", no deposit is required and i just need to use any visa or MC to secure the reservation with nothing charged? thats huge vs FHR for vegas properties because now I see them as requiring prepayment for 5x MR. i thought for FHR, you dont need to prepay anything, but i guess that has changed for 2019. when i check other random cities, prepayment is not required and there is an option to "Pay At Hotel". going back to No.1 above, FHR prepayment is not ideal due to the MCC from amex travel vs the hotel itself. im wondering about your experience.

3) lastly, i find it very strange and annoying that i can not book LHC last minute and book for the current day. meaning all reservations have to begin tomorrow. for example, today is Sunday. i cant book for check-in on Sunday. must check-in on monday. not true for FHR. has it always been this way?
1. My FHR bookings have shown as directly from the hotel but that was before the prepaid option existed. I think deposits are Hotel direct but prepay is as AMEX. My LHR deposits were from hotel but randomly were not taken.

2. The due today is rather misleading. LHRC usually charges the deposit in Vegas. Can't say about other cities.

3. I have had the same day issue with FHR but they could book (via them calling hotel while I held line) if I called in rather than website. LHRC might be able to do a phone same day booking also.
GundamWing01 likes this.

Last edited by AFAM-DFW; Jan 27, 2019 at 7:02 pm
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:54 pm

1. My FHR bookings have shown as directly from the hotel but that was before the prepaid option existed. I think deposits are Hotel direct but prepay is as AMEX. My LHR deposits were from hotel but randomly were not taken.

2. The due today is rather misleading. LHRC usually charges the deposit in Vegas. Can't say about other cities.

3. I have had the same day issue with FHR but they could book (via them calling hotel while I help line) if I called in rather than website. LHRC might be able to do a phone same day booking also.
as always, really appreciate the quick responses and im sure it helps the public lurker who read these posts. thank you.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:05 pm

while not Ink specially, I have used one card to enter LHR site, booked with a different card and closed out at hotel with a third.
Did you close out with a Chase Visa card? Can I use a Mastercard or Amex card to pay for it when checking out?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by zl10
Did you close out with a Chase Visa card? Can I use a Mastercard or Amex card to pay for it when checking out?
While YMMV, I have closed out with Amex and non chase visa. I don’t carry a MC.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:37 pm

Booked an LHRC reservation today and a non-Chase Visa card was rejected. Looks like a Chase card is required to make the booking. Don't know if the Chase booking card has to be LHRC eligible.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:41 am

Booked an LHRC reservation today and a non-Chase Visa card was rejected. Looks like a Chase card is required to make the booking. Don't know if the Chase booking card has to be LHRC eligible.
ohhcrapp. thank you for the DP. thats super key. i thought you had used a non-chase before to book? maybe some people with the CSR or other useful hotel chase cards wont mind, but i hate being limited because i like using various other cards, especially amex and citi prestige for hotels.

also, you make a good point. you have to log in with an eligible card, but maybe you have to also book with an eligible card. that changes the game for LHR. that means you cant even use hyatt or IHG because i dont think those qualify.

appreciate the info. i guess more DP and testing is necessary.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... i hate being limited....
Why are you even looking at card sponsored programs like LHC or FHR, rather than Virtuoso?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Why are you even looking at card sponsored programs like LHC or FHR, rather than Virtuoso?
youre totally right mia. i forgot about them since i havent taken the time to find a TA. i also forgot you can now book online with them. will look into this more. do you have any recommendations for an excellent TA? i know the key benefit of Virtuoso is the personal agent touch vs all the other OTAs.

when FHR still had the $100 F/B credit and guaranteed 4pm late check-out, i havent looked at others since you could "Pay At The Hotel" which allowed any CC to be used. but now, FHR replaced its food credit and many properties i look at require prepay for 5x which requires amex to be used and the charges dont come from the hotel (ie amextravel FHR). looks like Virtuoso still maintains some food credit, but 4PM is based on availability.

so how does the booking and credit card charges work? all charges come directly from the hotel? deposit with any CC and you can settle the folio with any CC? if thats the case, im going to focus on Virtuoso going fwd and wont look back.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Feb 8, 2019 at 4:14 pm
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I would start here:

List of Virtuoso (and hotel club) Travel Agents who are also active FT members

...other useful threads in the same forum.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:26 pm

ohhcrapp. thank you for the DP. thats super key. i thought you had used a non-chase before to book? maybe some people with the CSR or other useful hotel chase cards wont mind, but i hate being limited because i like using various other cards, especially amex and citi prestige for hotels.

also, you make a good point. you have to log in with an eligible card, but maybe you have to also book with an eligible card. that changes the game for LHR. that means you cant even use hyatt or IHG because i dont think those qualify.

appreciate the info. i guess more DP and testing is necessary.
Last year, I did use a non chase card to book LHR but the website wouldn’t allow it for my February reservation. I don't have a non lhr eligible chase card to see if is allowed.
GundamWing01 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.