Chase Luxury Hotel Collection

Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mendezka
How frowned upon is it to do multiple 1 night stays at different resorts in Las Vegas through LHC? Going for 4 days in Feb/March my plan right now is.

Night 1- Bellagio - Through LHC
Night 2- Unknown as of now, looking to book something
Night 3- Palazzo- Through Annual free night with IHG
Night 4- Delano - Through LHC

I believe I've heard that they discourage you from "gaming" the system & booking separate stays for back to back nights or something along those lines. I'd like to book my night 2 at Aria through LHC to get the credits. Does anyone see potential issues with this? Or should I be looking to book through a different source for that 2nd night?

Thanks!
Allowable? Yes. Practical? Not in my opinion. Your current itinerary has you starting in the middle of the strip, then carrying your bag somewhere TBD, then carry it to the south of the strip, and then carrying it to the north of the strip. Do you really want to go through this every afternoon? All for some watered-down perks? If you plan to cab/uber between hotels, that cost will cut into your margins.

If you're lucky, you'll score some extra $100 dining credits, which would be good for about two entrees and 3-4 drinks in a hotel restaurant. Nothing to scoff your nose at, but let's be honest, it's worth about $50 in the real world (or restaurants on the strip that aren't part of a hotel). And that's best case scenario - chances are that the credits will be less lucrative.

If this is your first time to Vegas, don't be deceived by how close things look on a map. Walking up and down the strip can be strenuous, frustrating and time consuming (especially with luggage). Also, Vegas is more fun when you aren't on a schedule; I recommend setting up a home base and day-drinking.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:55 pm

For Vegas, I often found mycheapvegas has better code offers than LHC. It links directly to the Mlife hotel websites with their offer code. Right now I think the Mlife hotels got 2 free buffets per night.. that's like $80+ per day if you use them for dinner. And some of the room rate in March is only about $120/$130 per night for Aria.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by patmcpsu
Allowable? Yes. Practical? Not in my opinion. Your current itinerary has you starting in the middle of the strip, then carrying your bag somewhere TBD, then carry it to the south of the strip, and then carrying it to the north of the strip. Do you really want to go through this every afternoon? All for some watered-down perks? If you plan to cab/uber between hotels, that cost will cut into your margin.

Depends on the experience OP wants. Bouncing allows different hotels to be fully experienced and different breakfasts tried. To minimize distance, I have alternated nights between Mandalay and Delano. Other times when I was in for a convention, I would check my bag at the convention and go to the next hotel at the end of the day.

Either way, the late checkout allows an easy move after lunch.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Need
For Vegas, I often found mycheapvegas has better code offers than LHC. It links directly to the Mlife hotel websites with their offer code. Right now I think the Mlife hotels got 2 free buffets per night.. that's like $80+ per day if you use them for dinner. And some of the room rate in March is only about $120/$130 per night for Aria.

Thanks for the tip on this! I looked into it. Downside with this deal in particular is that the 2 free buffets are for breakfast,lunch/brunch. No dinner unfortunately. With the LHC Aria you get breakfast buffet for 2 included + $100 F&B. Being said, the price is a bit lower though with the 20% discount! Too many options!!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW

Depends on the experience OP wants. Bouncing allows different hotels to be fully experienced and different breakfasts tried. To minimize distance, I have alternated nights between Mandalay and Delano. Other times when I was in for a convention, I would check my bag at the convention and go to the next hotel at the end of the day.

Either way, the late checkout allows an easy move after lunch.
And the experience is what I'm looking for. Mainly getting to try things I haven't been able to previously... I've been to Vegas 3-4 times, almost always as just a cheap little trip to do with friends/family. Generally stay at the MGM/Mandalay bay as it's around the price point I was always comfortable with & drive off strip to go to cheaper food. Rarely ever spending over $20 per person on a meal. I am now a recent college grad working in SF, hence I have a tight travel budget to adhere to. I've never been able to experience some of the "finer" things in Vegas, (I fully understand my luxuries may be standard compared to others). For me, the option of having a buffet breakfast instead of a cheap breakfast sandwich each day is a big positive, likewise having $100 F&B to experience a higher quality dining experience close to my room instead of walking/driving away from my hotel to find a cheaper alternative. I figure if I eat a late breakfast & have an early dinner I can almost get away without spending any money on food.

This trip I won't be having a vehicle, so if I'm looking for cheaper dining I'm going to be walking quite some distance anyway. After realizing that it's totally acceptable to just book multiple 1 night stays through here I'm probably going to just head to the Aria for the 2nd night. Bellagio -> Tram to Aria -> Uber/walk to Palazzo depending on how I feel that day -> Uber to Mandalay Bay. I'm going to attempt to take advantage of the priority check in lines & early arrivals and hope to beat out the crowds. For me, a 1-2 hour inconvenience of transferring is well worth an extra $100 in food each night. Realistically, I was planning on going to all of these hotels anyway... So why not just bring a bag & take a couple extra minutes on checking in! Thanks for the advice + tips though everyone, it is greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I just did a two night stay in Las Vegas using LHC. First night Aria, second night Bellagio.

The $100 food and breakfast credit paid for dinner for two each night, and the $30 breakfast credit per person paid for breakfast buffet. It was a good deal for me compared to anything else I could find.

The only downside for me was the long checkin and checkout lines. You can't do the online checkout because most likely the credits have to be manually applied. LHC provided priority checkin for Aria, although I am not convinced this saved any time. The line was shorter but the number of agents serving the line was less.

Also, if you have any Hyatt status, do the MLife match to get Mlife status. Your Mlife card will then allow you to use the fast line at the buffets.

Last edited by jbeckett; Jan 18, 2019 at 2:15 pm
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett
I just did a two night stay in Las Vegas using LHC. First night Aria, second night Bellagio.

The $100 food and breakfast credit paid for dinner for two each night, and the $30 breakfast credit per person paid for breakfast buffet. It was a good deal for me compared to anything else I could find.

The only downside for me was the long checkin and checkout lines. You can't do the online checkout because most likely the credits have to be manually applied. LHC provided priority checkin for Aria, although I am not convinced this saved any time. The line was shorter but the number of agents serving the line was less.
If you don't mind me asking, did you receive any room upgrade at either hotel?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mendezka
If you don't mind me asking, did you receive any room upgrade at either hotel?
At the Aria, yes. It was a "strip view" room instead of the base room, although I'd guess in every other respect the room was the same.
At the Bellagio, no. The check in clerk asked if I would like to upgrade for money and I said no.
The room upgrade aspect was really of no interest to me - what I wanted was for the $ credits to work correctly and they did.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett
At the Aria, yes. It was a "strip view" room instead of the base room, although I'd guess in every other respect the room was the same.
At the Bellagio, no. The check in clerk asked if I would like to upgrade for money and I said no.
The room upgrade aspect was really of no interest to me - what I wanted was for the $ credits to work correctly and they did.
That's what I figured. Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
If Chase ever started offering 3rd/4th night free promotions it might be interesting to me, but a free night (via Amex FHR) generally exceeds the value of the amenities Chase offers. That said, if one doesn't have Amex Plat/Cent, I guess this is better than nothing.

Regards
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:13 pm

while not Ink specially, I have used one card to enter LHR site, booked with a different card and closed out at hotel with a third.
just to confirm, LHC requires you to reserve with a chase CC, but you can just use whatever CC you want upon checkout to close out the bill and still get all the benefits right? what about for all prepayment on the LHC website, you cant use any other bank except for the chase?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
just to confirm, LHC requires you to reserve with a chase CC, but you can just use whatever CC you want upon checkout to close out the bill and still get all the benefits right? what about for all prepayment on the LHC website, you cant use any other bank except for the chase?
After entering the LHR site with a chase number, use a non chase visa to pay.

Used to do this when chase cut me off for a while.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:13 pm

After entering the LHR site with a chase number, use a non chase visa to pay.
Used to do this when chase cut me off for a while.
awesome. appreciate the insight. LHC sound much more flexible vs the YMMV FHR where some hotels incorrectly require plat/cent only to close out your bill or require some sort of amex CC. but i have also read people can settle the bill with split payment or use a totally different bank to settle.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Has anyone been able to book a room type that doesn't show up when searching online? I'm trying to book the Aria Studio Panoramic Suite. It's available on the Aria and MLife websites for the nights I want but isn't showing up on LHRC website. I'm curious if others have had success doing something similar and if you have any tips on how to "coach" the phone agent to find/book it. Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
awesome. appreciate the insight. LHC sound much more flexible vs the YMMV FHR where some hotels incorrectly require plat/cent only to close out your bill or require some sort of amex CC. but i have also read people can settle the bill with split payment or use a totally different bank to settle.
FWIW, I have had issues about not using an Amex at checkout on FHR reservations. Depends on the agent that you draw.

What has worked for me is before breakfast on checkout day, I stop by front desk and ask to make a payment on my account and use a non-amex but leave a few bucks owed so folio is open. After breakfast, I check out and try to avoid same agent.
akr1970akr and GundamWing01 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.