Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Luxury Hotel Collection

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:55 am

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise was no deal through LHRC versus directly through Fairmont. The price quoted was $125 per night more than Fairmonts Bed and Breakfast package. Accordingly, we booked through Fairmont.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Looking at HR Kyoto for 2 nights (one paid, one points). I know Prive won't give the benefits for only 1 night, but it looks like LHRC will. Is this right?

I'm assuming (hopefully correctly) that I can then call Hyatt to link the paid night with an award night to avoid having to change rooms.

So final question is can I use the $100 hotel credit from the LHRC night for breakfast on the award night (if paid night first, award second). Or vice versa?

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Aug 17, 2019 at 12:26 pm
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:53 am

To avoid issues.
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Looking at HR Kyoto for 2 nights (one paid, one points). I know Prive won't give the benefits for only 1 night, but it looks like LHRC will. Is this right?

I'm assuming (hopefully correctly) that I can then call Hyatt to link the paid night with an award night to avoid having to change rooms.

So final question is can I use the $100 hotel credit from the LHRC night for breakfast on the award night (if paid night first, award second). Or vice versa?
correct on benefits for one night.

Calling hyatt can help but be sure to confirm at front desk at checkin. I have had problems with keys being deactivated after first night so I have key cards reactivated after breakfast

YMMV but At Delano Vegas, I had to use credit on lhrc night. I did use a late checkout for day one to use credit for lunch on second day.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:31 pm

I have an AMEX offer for MGM but I’m planning to book through LHC. Since it seems like you pay the full amount at the hotel, is it likely to trigger the offer even though the T&C technically says the stay needs to be booked directly? Thank you!
Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
To avoid issues.

correct on benefits for one night.

Calling hyatt can help but be sure to confirm at front desk at checkin. I have had problems with keys being deactivated after first night so I have key cards reactivated after breakfast

YMMV but At Delano Vegas, I had to use credit on lhrc night. I did use a late checkout for day one to use credit for lunch on second day.
Thanks for the advice! That's smart to do late checkout and use for lunch. I was also thinking we could use for the other two in our family to have breakfast with us (second room on award night).

Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Any reason a husband/wife with separately qualifying Chase cards can't book back to back 1 night stays to double up on the unique stay credit? Understanding it would require checking out and switching rooms.
I can't imagine why this would be a problem at all. Husband has a rez in his name; wife has a rez in her name. How would anyone even know the rez's are "connected" for your purposes? You can request the same room when the first rez goes to check out and the second rez checks in if you're worried about alerting them on the front end. Use husband's cc for that rez and wife's cc for the other rez. I'm curious what others think, though this sounds like a no brainer to me. I might try it myself.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:45 pm

Thanks for the advice! That's smart to do late checkout and use for lunch. I was also thinking we could use for the other two in our family to have breakfast with us (second room on award night).

I can't imagine why this would be a problem at all. Husband has a rez in his name; wife has a rez in her name. How would anyone even know the rez's are "connected" for your purposes? You can request the same room when the first rez goes to check out and the second rez checks in if you're worried about alerting them on the front end. Use husband's cc for that rez and wife's cc for the other rez. I'm curious what others think, though this sounds like a no brainer to me. I might try it myself.
Husband/wife should work in US where hotels aren't fussy about the name of the second person in the room. As I remember, Japan and many other countries require passports for all occupants. Might still work but harder to fly under radar. When pushing the rules, my approach when called out is to just say sorry, didn't know, and go with the flow.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Anyone tried booking. I tried using several different chase cards all sapphire and even ink and it keeps giving error "Upon review of this transaction, it cannot be processed with the information provided. Please validate the information and try again. If you're still experiencing problems, contact the number on the back of your card."
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
Husband/wife should work in US where hotels aren't fussy about the name of the second person in the room. As I remember, Japan and many other countries require passports for all occupants. Might still work but harder to fly under radar. When pushing the rules, my approach when called out is to just say sorry, didn't know, and go with the flow.
I still don’t know why it would matter. Why would the hotel care (in Japan or otherwise) if you have two separate rez with the same two people?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:31 pm

I still don’t know why it would matter. Why would the hotel care (in Japan or otherwise) if you have two separate rez with the same two people?
The hotel could consider two Rez with the same people as a back to back stay that only gets one “special amenity”.

Depends on hotel and the agent you draw at checkout.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:22 am

Chase Luxury Hotel & Resort question

I hope this is the correct forum.

If I book a room through the LHR program, can I use a different credit card to pay for the stay? I booked this room with my Chase card for my wife but she does not have a Chase card. And for this stay, it is supposed to be paid at the hotel after the stay anyway.

TIA for any help.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:07 pm

Wife and I are considering a 3 day Vegas trip and are looking at Mandalay Bay and the Delano. Would either of the following scenarios work to maximize the $100 F/B benefit?

Day 1, P1 reservation at MB
Day 2, P2 reservation at MB
Day 3, P1 reservation at MB

or

Day 2, P1 reservation at Delano

I'm inclined to do the latter, as three days in the same hotel could arouse suspicion and result in one F/B credit. I'd gladly move each day (still need to convince P2) if it resulted in 3 F/B credits. We're also considering the MGM/Signature combination for its more central location, but the principle is the same.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by llngoc
If I book a room through the LHR program, can I use a different credit card to pay for the stay? I booked this room with my Chase card for my wife but she does not have a Chase card. And for this stay, it is supposed to be paid at the hotel after the stay anyway.
Be sure to read "rules, policies, and cancellations" for the property you are booking. Some may take a substantial deposit from your Chase card at the time of booking. For example a resort in HI says this in the fine print: "2 NIGHTS DEPOSIT REQUIRED AT TIME OF BOOKING. CREDIT CARD IS BILLED IMMEDIATELY" despite the booking page saying: "Total Due Today:$0.00 USD." Surprise.

When paying at the front desk, most reps have no idea that Chase is involved, rather it shows as a Conexions, or Loyalty, or Signature booking so they may take any CC at the desk for final payment.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by paradox
Wife and I are considering a 3 day Vegas trip and are looking at Mandalay Bay and the Delano. Would either of the following scenarios work to maximize the $100 F/B benefit?

Day 2, P2 reservation at MB

or

Day 2, P1 reservation at Delano

I'm inclined to do the latter, as three days in the same hotel could arouse suspicion and result in one F/B credit. I'd gladly move each day (still need to convince P2) if it resulted in 3 F/B credits. We're also considering the MGM/Signature combination for its more central location, but the principle is the same.
First scenario is YMMV but second is clearly OK. In thinking about the MB/Del vs. MGM/Sig question, I would go MB/Del for the better breakfast benefit. MGM is room service only and doesn’t include extra fees. Signature breakfast place isn’t very good.

Personal taste but I also prefer the MB $100 restaurant options.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:29 pm

Unhappy

Thanks for the reply/ One more question: have you booked through LHR before? When I get my confirmation number, it said there will be a confirmation email sent to me but it's been over 12 hours now and I still have not received any confirmation. And before I closed the window, I even asked to email the itinerary to myself and checked that the email address was correct. I tried to contact LHR but the only info I found was: "Contact with the number in the confirmation email" which I obviously do not have. Any idea??

Originally Posted by Tanic
Be sure to read "rules, policies, and cancellations" for the property you are booking. Some may take a substantial deposit from your Chase card at the time of booking. For example a resort in HI says this in the fine print: "2 NIGHTS DEPOSIT REQUIRED AT TIME OF BOOKING. CREDIT CARD IS BILLED IMMEDIATELY" despite the booking page saying: "Total Due Today:$0.00 USD." Surprise.

When paying at the front desk, most reps have no idea that Chase is involved, rather it shows as a Conexions, or Loyalty, or Signature booking so they may take any CC at the desk for final payment.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by llngoc
One more question: have you booked through LHR before? When I get my confirmation number, it said there will be a confirmation email sent to me but it's been over 12 hours now and I still have not received any confirmation. Any idea??
I use them all the time and find it more useful than FHR. Here is the number from my most recent confirmation: 1-866-973-2911. It is Connexions Loyalty in MN that runs the LHRC program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.