Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Want to apply for ba, us airways, marriott, sapphire and ritz in one day

Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Okay, so i checked creditkarma and im at a 740... I opened an explorer card in feb, and took a small unsecured loan the same month (10k) which i used to help pay cash for my condo. I want to do a "big month" and pull all these cards on the same day. One problem is that i have never had a chase card until the explorer and i tried applying for the sapphire in feb (couple weeks after the exp) and was declined. Being a rookie i chickened out and did not call the reconsideration line.

I want to do this run july 1, hopefully the marriott 70k program and the ba will still be running.... The sapphire i might wait until a better program comes out. Id really like some feedback on my proposed strategy...any comments are welcome and appreciated!!!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
There have been one or two instance of people getting more than one chase card but I wont push it. I did try one personal and one business card but that's it. You are trying multiple personal cards. I would suggest against it and look for cards from other issuers.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:15 pm

The BA, Marriott, Sapphire, and Ritz Carlton credit card are all Chase cards. I don't know whether you would be approved for the first one without effort, but you would most certainly have to call the reconsideration line and explain why you want the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cards. Many people have been able to get 2 personal Chase cards on the same day by calling, I think some have gotten 2 personal and a business card, but that's pushing the limits. Chase has allowed me to have 4 open credit cards at one time, others have talked their way into more open credit cards. I would prioritize and space out applications if I were you.

The Frugal Travel Guy recommends that you apply for 1 personal and 1 business card from each major bank on any given application spree (Chase, American Express, Citibank, Bank of America, Barclays). Make sure you can meet the minimum spend requirements on all the cards on your list before you apply.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:20 pm
xp0

Yeah ... Plus, I guess to each their own, but I dont think those are really worth using "all your chase cards"

There are some other good cards out there that arent chase at the moment also
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, this is what i needed to know.... I dont have a problem with a spending requirement.... So i guess i should space out chase cards every 4 months or so?

So maybe ill go for the marriott, us air and some other credit provider like bofa.
Sucks cause i really want that ba and ritz!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xp0
Yeah ... Plus, I guess to each their own, but I dont think those are really worth using "all your chase cards"

There are some other good cards out there that arent chase at the moment also
Which are better? I have the aa's... Thanks!!
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by fusscharles
Thanks, this is what i needed to know.... I dont have a problem with a spending requirement.... So i guess i should space out chase cards every 4 months or so?

So maybe ill go for the marriott, us air and some other credit provider like bofa.
Sucks cause i really want that ba and ritz!
Then apply for the BA and Ritz... but not Marriott or Sapphire. Maybe you'll get lucky.

US Airways should be no problem because it's a Barclays card.

BoA offers the Alaksa card, which is reportedly churnable.

Citi offers the AA cards; you can try adding a biz if you already have a personal.

Amex is conspicuously absent from your list; there's a 40k DL Platinum card with 15k MQMs, and you can get personal and biz versions of that card. You can also apply for the Amex Plat or Gold, though I don't think there are great bonuses out there for that card. SPG Amex gets very good reviews, though it never has a particularly high sign on bonus.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: DL SM, Marriott PM, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by crimson12
Amex is conspicuously absent from your list; there's a 40k DL Platinum card with 15k MQMs, and you can get personal and biz versions of that card. You can also apply for the Amex Plat or Gold, though I don't think there are great bonuses out there for that card. SPG Amex gets very good reviews, though it never has a particularly high sign on bonus.
Can you post a link the the DL Platinum card with 15k MQMs?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by yetter
Can you post a link the the DL Platinum card with 15k MQMs?
Try this link: https://www.deltaamexcard.com/deltaplatinumoffer.aspx , although the offer nominally expired yesterday and when I go that link I see only the DL Gold card (30k miles and no MQMs).

If that doesn't work for you, check out this post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18624244-post89.html

I posted the full T&C of the 40k with 15k MQM offer, including the POID. So if you call Amex you might have some luck giving them the ID. (though, as noted, the T&C say the offer expired yesterday).

If it doesn't work, hang tight... an identical offer "expired" on 4/22. When I checked www.deltaplatinumoffer.com a month later, the same offer was up with an expiration date of 6/17. So if it is in fact "gone" you might just check back in a few weeks.

Last edited by crimson12; Jun 18, 2012 at 10:41 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.