Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by mk712
Argh, first time I hear of this. This sucks. I did 4 x $75 in 2014 and 2 x $75 this year, all of them were reimbursed without trouble.

Thankfully I already maxed out my 2015 credit, but I was planning on doing another 4 x $75 in January right before closing my card... sounds like I should tread lightly
You might just be one of the reasons why they are cracking down on this harder.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Well [...]. I feel terrible.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Jun 25, 2015 at 9:28 am Reason: removed obscenity
Old Jun 24, 2015, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Seriously though... I made my purchases in $75 increments and they were all reimbursed right away, I didn't have to try multiple times or bargain. Smooth as hell. I don't see how that can possibly affect anything, at least certainly not as much as those trying to get $150+ transactions reimbursed and arguing when the CSR refuses.

Also, saying they are cracking down is pure speculation for now. Back in January a couple people had AA gift card reimbursements denied and we thought the party was over, then others had better luck. It's the first time I hear of UA gift registry contributions being denied but there are not nearly as many data points as AA gift cards so it could very well just be some overzealous CSR.

And even if that was the case, it's not like the benefit is going away: all they would be doing is having a closer look at the transactions, you'd have no trouble getting them to reimburse baggage fees, upgrade fees, lounge access, in-flight meals, in-flight entertainment, etc. So if someone having ineligible expenses reimbursed prevented others from having ineligible expenses reimbursed (which should have never been possible to begin with), well [...], might as well be me.

Now I will gladly let you explain to me how your partner award fees reimbursements are any different considering they are specifically excluded from the reimbursable expenses?

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Jun 25, 2015 at 9:27 am Reason: removed obscenity
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:26 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
MOD NOTE: Thank you for remaining civil toward each other

In discussions of the terms and conditions of offers vs. what happens in the real world, let's continue to remember that FT is not a place to pass judgement on each other.

We are here to share experiences and opinions, even strong opinions, without turning to personal attacks.

One thing we have had to moderate in the current discussion: please do not attempt to mask obscenities to bypass the automated filter. We've edited a few posts to remove those violations.

Thank you.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by mk712
Seriously though... I made my purchases in $75 increments and they were all reimbursed right away, I didn't have to try multiple times or bargain. Smooth as hell. I don't see how that can possibly affect anything, at least certainly not as much as those trying to get $150+ transactions reimbursed and arguing when the CSR refuses.

Also, saying they are cracking down is pure speculation for now. Back in January a couple people had AA gift card reimbursements denied and we thought the party was over, then others had better luck. It's the first time I hear of UA gift registry contributions being denied but there are not nearly as many data points as AA gift cards so it could very well just be some overzealous CSR.

And even if that was the case, it's not like the benefit is going away: all they would be doing is having a closer look at the transactions, you'd have no trouble getting them to reimburse baggage fees, upgrade fees, lounge access, in-flight meals, in-flight entertainment, etc. So if someone having ineligible expenses reimbursed prevented others from having ineligible expenses reimbursed (which should have never been possible to begin with), well [...], might as well be me.

Now I will gladly let you explain to me how your partner award fees reimbursements are any different considering they are specifically excluded from the reimbursable expenses?
Never said I wasn't one of the reasons either. Hostile much.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
I bought 4x75 WN giftcards in december 2014, and 2x$150 delta giftcards on like january 2nd 2015...didnt have any issues. lol
Old Jun 27, 2015, 2:44 pm

Just called to refund two sets of BA award taxes/fees -- about $32 each.
First call, the agent asked me to identify the charges I wanted refunded and then asked me what they were for. He told me that he wasn't able to refund those charges.

HUACA. Second agent identified the charges on her own, didn't ask what they were for, and seemed genuinely excited to refund them for me.

I still get surprised by how inconsistent customer service can be.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Daveyb101
Just called to refund two sets of BA award taxes/fees -- about $32 each.
First call, the agent asked me to identify the charges I wanted refunded and then asked me what they were for. He told me that he wasn't able to refund those charges.

HUACA. Second agent identified the charges on her own, didn't ask what they were for, and seemed genuinely excited to refund them for me.

I still get surprised by how inconsistent customer service can be.
I wonder when someone get something approved on 2nd or 3rd call, does it really mean the CSRs are inconsistent or just because it was the 2nd or 3rd calls? I know that there are some companies that gives higher credit to the CSR who could resolve calls faster or resolve repeated calls from same person in a short amount of time. So if they see you already called twice today, maybe they will just give in to you in order to not get bad mark on their job performance?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:25 pm

Just got the AA ticket $49.30 reimburse with no question.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:28 pm

So is it generally better to call to get things reimbursed or to send an SM? Last year I used an SM for 4x$75 AA with no problems, but I tried 1x$75 UA gift registry via SM and got denied. Is that worth calling and trying to get reimbursed? And going forward is it a better idea to call a CSR for the reimbursement if/when I try for some AA GCs? Not sure what everyone else has been doing.

EDIT: Called in to try and get the gift registry charge refunded, CSR said it was a gift card and she couldn't do anything. Ugh. Any recent data points on AA e-certs?

Last edited by tnpatterson; Jun 30, 2015 at 1:38 pm
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:23 pm

395 fee

I requested my credit limit to be lowered to 1,500 a day ago. Will the fee be refunded? It's just sitting in my account at the moment.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by acslaterbro
I requested my credit limit to be lowered to 1,500 a day ago. Will the fee be refunded? It's just sitting in my account at the moment.
*it worked
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
No problem getting 3 X $100 AA gift cards reimbursed via SM
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Irish80
No problem getting 3 X $100 AA gift cards reimbursed via SM
how spread out were the gift card purchases?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by downluda
how spread out were the gift card purchases?
All at once

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.