Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
The one I'll be hanging at the soonest is Narita terminal 1. It said under 2 are free and nothing about guests, so i just called them and was told with this Ritz card / lounge club membership all guests are free.
Who did you all? Lounge Club or the NRT lounge?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:11 pm

Overall, I think this card is a keeper. The only disadvantage, when comparing to AmEx Platinum, is that the points cannot be transferred into miles in a ratio 1:1, otherwise, it offers great benefits, especially if you like luxury hotel brands.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by leonard016
My understanding is that Lounge Club (Priority Pass) set up the rules other than the individual lounges. Lounge Club was launched to replaced Priority Pass Select (PPS) to avoid confusions.

Priority Pass paid membership has three levels and the Prestige Level ($399) allows the member unlimited lounge access but a guest will be $27. Different credit cards' offers of free Lounge Club/PPS are over all the place in terms of lounge access for members and guests. For example, Amex Plat's PPS allows unlimited access for member only and one guest is $27. Ritz-Carlton Visa and Palladium's Lounge Club allows unlimited access for the member plus one guest. Hilton Amex Surpass get you the basic PPS with which you pay $27 for yourself or a guest.
I saw limitation of two guests and no limitations at all, so I believe it depends on a lounge and their ability to host.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by leonard016
Who did you all? Lounge Club or the NRT lounge?
The club
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Kat007
I saw limitation of two guests and no limitations at all, so I believe it depends on a lounge and their ability to host.
Got my Lounge Club card yesterday. While I don't recall what the letter stated word for word, it said that "you and your guests" will be able to use the lounges. However, on the Lounge Club website, when you look up certain lounges, some state only one guest is permitted free of charge. So I would agree with you, that certain lounges do have limitations on the number of guests.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by downright
... However, on the Lounge Club website, when you look up certain lounges, some state only one guest is permitted free of charge. So I would agree with you, that certain lounges do have limitations on the number of guests.
There are two separate issues. 1) How many guests does the lounge permit? 2) What guest charges apply? The lounge has no information about the second question which is determined by the contract between the card issue (Chase) and the program operator (Lounge Club).
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by downright
Got my Lounge Club card yesterday. While I don't recall what the letter stated word for word, it said that "you and your guests" will be able to use the lounges. However, on the Lounge Club website, when you look up certain lounges, some state only one guest is permitted free of charge. So I would agree with you, that certain lounges do have limitations on the number of guests.
From what i was told by native english speaking rep, membership level that comes with Ritz credit card is the highest for this Lounge Club program. So lets hope he was right.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
For people that have gotten their lounge card- how long did it take from the time you received the credit card?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by holocker
For people that have gotten their lounge card- how long did it take from the time you received the credit card?
Some reported 8 days after receiving the credit card, the packet/booklet says within two weeks.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by holocker
It was a little over a week.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by mia
There are two separate issues. 1) How many guests does the lounge permit? 2) What guest charges apply? The lounge has no information about the second question which is determined by the contract between the card issue (Chase) and the program operator (Lounge Club).
This is precisely the point.

When I called Priority Pass (that was before the whole Lounge Club switch over), I was told that Ritz-Carlton Visa's Priority Pass allows one free guest. I may call Lounge Club again to see if anything has been changed. I think the possibility of change is small though.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:24 pm

I have no doubt this is the highest level. That simply means unlimited access for the member, compared to lower levels where you as a member may need to pay $27 to enter.

However, this still does not answer the question of how many guests will be admitted free of charge. See my previous posts - Ritz-Carlton's allows one guest for free (if things haven't been changed since the switch over to Lounge Club) while many others credit cards' allow none for free.

In reality, lounges all operate differently. Some asks your to sign a receipt specifying how many guest you are bringing. If number of guests exceeds the free allowance tied to your membership, you may get charged. But on the spot the lounge won't know how many guests you will be charged since memberships offered by different credit cards are different. The logs will be transmitted to Lounge Club (Priority Pass) for verification. That is when you will be charged if the charges apply.

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
From what i was told by native english speaking rep, membership level that comes with Ritz credit card is the highest for this Lounge Club program. So lets hope he was right.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 1:51 pm

Can someone please clarify about $200 incidentals-is it for spend within calendar year (till the Dec 31, 2012) or as with Club Level upgrades-three times within a validation of your credit card.

Also, if I purchase a couple of mini bottles on transatlantic and get out in Europe for a couple of hours during a long layover, will be I having troubles taking them into the airport if flying within Europe? And will the card cover them?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 3:00 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Kat007
Can someone please clarify about $200 incidentals-is it for spend within calendar year (till the Dec 31, 2012) or as with Club Level upgrades-three times within a validation of your credit card.

Also, if I purchase a couple of mini bottles on transatlantic and get out in Europe for a couple of hours during a long layover, will be I having troubles taking them into the airport if flying within Europe? And will the card cover them?
In general, minis count as 3-ounce liquids, so one (theoretically) could fill a quart baggie with them. I wouldn't recommend that. I've had no problem transiting with up to 3 minis. If you buy the minis on board and the charge posts from an airline, it will be credited.

The terms of the benefit state "calendar year":

$200 Annual Airline Incidentals Fee Reimbursement: To request a statement credit to apply to qualifying airline incidental net purchase(s) made with your Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, you must contact J.P.Morgan Priority Services at the number on the back of your Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card within 4 billing cycles of the purchase date. This offer applies only to non-ticket purchases made with merchants that classify their merchant location for Visa in the airline category. We do not determine whether merchants correctly identify and bill transactions as being made in a particular category. However, we do reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for statement credits. Statement credit will post to your account within 5-7 business days and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement within 1-2 billing cycles. Qualifying purchases made by authorized users on your account are eligible for statement credits; however, only the obligor on the account, not authorized users, may request statement credits. Maximum statement credit accumulation for this offer is $200 per calendar year.

Last edited by dayone; Jul 4, 2012 at 5:43 pm Reason: Typo.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 3:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator request

Please use the existing thread in the Marriott forum to search or ask for information about the features and benefits of this card:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...edit-card.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.