Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 12, 16, 2:02 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Wiki Link
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 30, 14, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by lingzhou View Post
come one, You can easily pay for incidental for a group of 5~6 using your card, which is not unusual for family travel. in this thread, folks who bought $150 or $180 southwest egfitcard had no problem getting reimbursed, there are folks bought small gift cards got turn down. With so many people who just got the card and trying to take advantage of this perk in such a tight window, it caused chase's attention. I wish I could have requested it a couple of days ago.
Just because you *can* hit $300 in one incidental charge, doesn't mean it's the safe bet. Remember, you're doing something against T&C, flying under the radar is always advisable. Don't charge something that raises the question "Oh, that's unusual compared to most of our customers' incidental charges, what was it for?"

That is the common sense nrdk is referring to.
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:01 pm

Also, since up thread it was confirmed that the charges just have to post in 2014, not the request for refund, I'm going to wait a week or so to let all the other folks who make these requests at the last minute to die down. Hopefully the CSR I encounter would be more accommodating.
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:02 pm
Suspended

come one, You can easily pay for incidental for a group of 5~6 using your card, which is not unusual for family travel. in this thread, folks who bought $150 or $180 southwest egfitcard had no problem getting reimbursed, there are folks bought small gift cards got turn down. With so many people who just got the card and trying to take advantage of this perk in such a tight window, it caused chase's attention. I wish I could have requested it a couple of days ago.
lol .. not only is your incidental charge extremely large, it just happens to be for the exact amount of money that Chase Ritz reimburses. lol..

At the very least, you could have made it 298.95 or something. How you thought you would get away with a single $300 charge is quite frankly astounding.
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:06 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by GrnLantern View Post
Just because you *can* hit $300 in one incidental charge, doesn't mean it's the safe bet. Remember, you're doing something against T&C, flying under the radar is always advisable. Don't charge something that raises the question "Oh, that's unusual compared to most of our customers' incidental charges, what was it for?"

That is the common sense nrdk is referring to.
lol, now you are referring to the T&C. please count how many people in this thread buying gift card, also read the wiki of this thread see how many people are violating this T&C.

there might be a slightly better chance for small gift card charges got sneak in. is that the main reason, I really doubt.
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
lol .. not only is your incidental charge extremely large, it just happens to be for the exact amount of money that Chase Ritz reimburses. lol..

At the very least, you could have made it 298.95 or something. How you thought you would get away with a single $300 charge is quite frankly astounding.
I agree, there is a HUGE difference between $180 and $300 charge
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:07 pm

lol, now you are referring to the T&C. please count how many people in this thread buying gift card, also read the wiki of this thread see how many people are violating this T&C.

there might be a slightly better chance for small gift card charges got sneak in. is that the main reason, I really doubt.
Why are you trying to defend yourself against me/us? Chase turned you down. We didn't. We're just saying you should've played it safe. Defending yourself to us won't get your $300 reimbursed.

You made a mistake. Own up to it, and move on. We aren't trying to rag on you.

Also, I'm not quoting T&C by saying you violated it so you shouldn't get the credit. I'm saying you *are* violating T&C, as are most people on this thread, and so if you're going to violate something, at least be smart about it.

Indeed. Again, the point is to make charges that are less likely to get questioned. I'd only ever have done the full $300 in one pop if it truly was an incidental charge that I could easily produce a receipt for.
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:11 pm

I think you're missing the point.

The point is that if you're going to try to cheat them, you have a better chance of getting away with it if you don't make it completely and utterly obvious that you're trying to cheat them.
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
I think you're missing the point.

The point is that if you're going to try to cheat them, you have a better chance of getting away with it if you don't make it completely and utterly obvious that you're trying to cheat them.
+1

Thank you.
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:13 pm
Suspended

I agree, there is a HUGE difference between $180 and $300 charge
I love that you're arguing with people who've had success in getting gift cards reimbursed. You're very smart.
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:21 pm

I love that you're arguing with people who've had success in getting gift cards reimbursed. You're very smart.
Well, go read more in this thread, there are people buying large value gift card and got reimbursed, there are also people buying small value gift card got turned down.
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Well, go read more in this thread, there are people buying large value gift card and got reimbursed, there are also people buying small value gift card got turned down.
Nobody bought a $300 gift card. The largest I saw was $150 which can easily be explained by earlybird check-in for 3 people on 2 flights.

And I haven't seen anyone purchase a small SW egiftcard and be turned down.
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:24 pm

Applied on 12/24, called on Sunday for expedited shipping and just got my card. Called into the # in my welcome package to confirm my bonus. Explained someone had told me 2 free nights but that didn't match up with the 140k bonus link I had used to sign up.

He said they had received quite a few calls on this and that they just received clarification today - that we will be getting 140k points after meeting the spend, not a certificate for 2 free nights. I told him I emailed via secure messaging two days ago but had not gotten a response, and he said emails should all be getting a response from the marketing team shortly confirming such. I asked if it was a valid link or if they were going to pull it and he said as long as the link was out there to consider it valid. Just wanted to add my latest info to the pile!
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:24 pm

Even if someone did get a $300 card reimbursed... Play it safe. Just because one person got away with it, doesn't mean everyone can or will.

Same goes for a $50 purchase that someone might've gotten denied by a grumpy CSR.

In the end, you can't deny that $50, $100, $150, is less risky than $300.

And with this comment, I take my leave from this particular conversation (not necessarily this thread). It's been fun.
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:27 pm

Can you elaborate? Your message is cryptic.
Nobody bought a $300 gift card. The largest I saw was $150 which can easily be explained by earlybird check-in for 3 people on 2 flights.

And I haven't seen anyone purchase a small SW egiftcard and be turned down.
that's why you should read more.

anyway, I am done here, happy new year everybody. Will try my luck next year.
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:31 pm
Suspended

that's why you should read more.

anyway, I am done here, happy new year everybody. Will try my luck next year.
All you did was quote both of my posts. The person (who had 4 posts on FT) stated that SW charge was not reimbursed. They haven't provided details on their transaction so I can't evaluate yet.

You should try being a little more humble instead of being so defensive and argumentative. You won't last long in the travel hacking biz with that kind of attitude.

Happy New Year sir.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: