Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by raccah
I wish! I went out on the limb and bought a 300 dollar United Gift certificate. I called in to get my refund and the CSR bleated out what I guess he should not have said. He said, he could see that that the 300 dollar tx I had, and said it says it was an eGiftCard! He could see it on his end! I guess United, at least, are sending more than basic level 1 tx data to Chase - such is life. This will not work!
This is most unsettling. Has anyone tried reimbursement from AA for a GC?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat, AA Gold :(
I seemed to get instant approval through the phone today (Sept 12 2014).
Would they email any information?
I am not sure they really got my email correctly.
I only confirmed my name and address.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by pitching51
So are some of you guys accumulating Marriott and Ritz points?
they are the same program Ritz=Marriott as far as points go.

I notice the same questions 20+ times on this thread, so maybe I should put it in the Wiki. The $300 airline incidental credit per year is NOT good for tickets or gift certificates with big round numbers. So for all you non flyers just wanting to cash in by selling certs or tickets forget it.
It is a good feature for people that actually fly, because it can be used for most everything else including: taxes and fees (even international), change fees, baggage fees, upgrade fees, drinks, food, airline club fees (when charged through the airlines), global entry fees, I don't know what AA stickers are but if they are sold through AA.com and are not tickets, then they are covered too.....yes you may be able to play off an odd numbered gift cert, or get them to cover a ticket by begging rep for a one time consideration, but don't count on it....no tickets or gift certs is pretty simple, I don't know why so many people ask the same question, unless they just don't read any of the thread. The credit is good until the end of the calendar year and they keep a running total and will tell you how much you have left. Jan 1 it will start over at $300
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by dddscy
I seemed to get instant approval through the phone today (Sept 12 2014).
Would they email any information?
I am not sure they really got my email correctly.
I only confirmed my name and address.
no e-mail, you will get a box on your doorstep with the card and all the benefit info
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Got an approval today, but something I'm a little unclear on. The 2k spend requirement applies to both the 70k and the 140k bonus offers, right?

I remember the agent saying there's a 2k spend requirement when I applied for the 70k bonus offer.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:23 pm

I just applied and was approved. I'd like to use this card for some airline incidentals for a flight I have on Wednesday of next week (today is Friday). Do you think I'll get the card in time?

TIA
Old Sep 12, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by wise2u

I notice the same questions 20+ times on this thread, so maybe I should put it in the Wiki. The $300 airline incidental credit per year is NOT good for tickets or gift certificates with big round numbers. So for all you non flyers just wanting to cash in by selling certs or tickets forget it.
It is a good feature for people that actually fly, because it can be used for most everything else including: taxes and fees (even international), change fees, baggage fees, upgrade fees, drinks, food, airline club fees (when charged through the airlines), global entry fees, I don't know what AA stickers are but if they are sold through AA.com and are not tickets, then they are covered too.....yes you may be able to play off an odd numbered gift cert, or get them to cover a ticket by begging rep for a one time consideration, but don't count on it....no tickets or gift certs is pretty simple, I don't know why so many people ask the same question, unless they just don't read any of the thread. The credit is good until the end of the calendar year and they keep a running total and will tell you how much you have left. Jan 1 it will start over at $300
They reimburse 1 day Admirals Club passes, right?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
In my experience it took seven working days from instant phone approval to the box being delivered. The card showed up on my Chase online account later the day of delivery.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
They reimburse 1 day Admirals Club passes, right?
lounge passes are covered, but I don't think that taxes on award tickets are.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 1:25 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
It is a good feature for people that actually fly, because it can be used for most everything else including: taxes and fees (even international)
I have seen this talked about a few times in this thread, that taxes and fees are included, but the terms don't seem to mention this. For example in this link

Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees.
It doesn't say anything about taxes. Do we know exactly what counts? One version I read is taxes on award tickets. Is this the only thing? Or do taxes on regular tickets count?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 6:17 am

One of the agents I spoke also told me that the fees for Global Entry are covered as well. I may try that after 1/1.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
The credit is good until the end of the calendar year and they keep a running total and will tell you how much you have left. Jan 1 it will start over at $300
Didn't realize that it had a calendar reset like the AX Plat. Sweet ^^
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:59 pm

I just got approved the other day for the RC 70k offer and then I saw this forum about the RSVP code for 140k. Do you think its possible to call in and ask them to reconsider for the 140k even thought I've already been approved at 70? How would I go about this if it is? Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs

I have gotten a credit for AA and DL GC (round numbers). No issue at all. YMMV!
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by HoyDwaard
I just got approved the other day for the RC 70k offer and then I saw this forum about the RSVP code for 140k. Do you think its possible to call in and ask them to reconsider for the 140k even thought I've already been approved at 70? How would I go about this if it is? Thanks!
It's quite unlikely. The code is targeted and doesn't waive the AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.