Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:30 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I know lounge passes work, but has anyone ever had success getting baggage fees reimbursed by the travel credit?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 7:20 pm

Have people had problems with these cards scratching, or the text on the front fading off?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:40 pm

SO if reading some posts correctly...

I am suppose to change my MR account# to a RC account # and then apply for one of the RC offers? Is that still the best way to go about this deal before applying?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by shand32783
I am suppose to change my MR account# to a RC account # and then apply for one of the RC offers? Is that still the best way to go about this deal before applying?
When I signed up over the weekend I was asked for either a MR or RC account # and just provided my existing MR #.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:17 pm

Got another $150 refunded from American Airlines today. Had to do a quick turnaround on miles to attend a funeral, and paid $75 x2 plus the mileage for myself and my wife.

Two minutes on the phone and it was taken care of. I've said it before but it's no joke: This is the best customer service in the industry.

Last edited by Bigserver1; Sep 2, 2014 at 11:22 pm
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:42 am
Suspended

Called and applied for the 140k offer. Was told it would take 10 days. Called the recon line an hour later and got approved.

Family member called in and got approved right then and there.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Called for the 70K offer and got an agent immediately and just ask to apply for the F53K offer and it was quick and approved immediately. Look forward to getting the card as it looks pretty promising....guess I need to start staying at Rizt Carlton's now!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:23 pm

Hmm...can anyone share a picture of the F53K offer code mailer? Somehow when I signed up for the account over the phone, they did not apply the F53k offer, and I've been charged the annual fee (despite them confirming over the phone the offer). Now they want a picture of the mailer to confirm the offer. If anyone can help, thanks in advance!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
I don't understand Chase. Six months ago I was denied for the Ink (too new of a business) and the Freedom (too many apps). Recon'd for the Freedom and they wouldn't split my credit limit off my BA card. 2 weeks later I got an automatic 3k CL boost on the BA. Today I applied for the 70k no AF Ritz card, instantly approved for nearly 1/3 of my annual salary... far and away my highest limit across my 20 cards.

Thanks to the OP for sharing this offer.... I needed to initiate plan B for an upcoming trip where the Hyatt had sparse availability for award nights.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:21 am

With the Ritz-Carlton card 70K bonus, if you don't renew for $395 do you lose any existing points?

Last edited by protagonist; Sep 4, 2014 at 10:26 am
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:35 am

Quick question, I just got the card in the mail. Has my rewards number on it. When I go to login it redirects me to Marriott. Did they find an old Marriott account I had (I didn't even know I had one) or does all logins for rewards redirect to Marriott from the RC website?

If so, do I just call Marriott and tell them to switch it over to RC (I know they are interchangeable, but I like the concept of being a RC member and not a Marriott member as I've heard RC doesn't like Marriott "members" and it reduces your upgrades).

I guess the big question I have is that Marriott Platinum don't get lounge access with RC. I plan to spend enough on my RC Visa to get Plat (75k). Will I not get lounge access at RC since I am technically a Marriott member? If it's a non-issue, then I guess I'll just leave it be.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by protagonist
With the Ritz-Carlton card 70K bonus, if you don't renew for $395 do you lose any existing points?
no - they are a part of your marriott account.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by bu08usc11
Quick question, I just got the card in the mail. Has my rewards number on it. When I go to login it redirects me to Marriott. Did they find an old Marriott account I had (I didn't even know I had one) or does all logins for rewards redirect to Marriott from the RC website?
Marriott and Ritz points are the same.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Marriott and Ritz points are the same.
Right. But my question is since its showing up as Marriott account will I not get RC lounge access when I reach platinum?

The Marriott website says no and my account is technically a Marriott is appears even though I signed up by getting the RC card.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by skitch23
I don't understand Chase. Six months ago I was denied for the Ink (too new of a business) and the Freedom (too many apps). Recon'd for the Freedom and they wouldn't split my credit limit off my BA card. 2 weeks later I got an automatic 3k CL boost on the BA. Today I applied for the 70k no AF Ritz card, instantly approved for nearly 1/3 of my annual salary... far and away my highest limit across my 20 cards.

Thanks to the OP for sharing this offer.... I needed to initiate plan B for an upcoming trip where the Hyatt had sparse availability for award nights.
Cobrand = higher limits. The UW criteria is lower because it makes Ritz look bad when their clients get denied a card (even HNW+ people have bad scores).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.