Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by djtsukasa
Just got the card.... holy crap!! I feel like a high roller! Then I take one look at my bank account. haha.
7/10 times I hand it to someone, I get a comment. Most are just "wow that is so heavy", but I've gotten "are you a millionaire?" (Jesus no. Not even close lmao), or "you must be a big deal". It's disconcerting in a way. Lots of unnecessary attention.

I was at a restaurant a few nights ago and while the server didn't say anything to me, I saw her hand it to co workers and they passed it around. One tapped it against the bar. It's sort of weird the fascination that seems to come along with it.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Bigserver1
7/10 times I hand it to someone, I get a comment. Most are just "wow that is so heavy", but I've gotten "are you a millionaire?" (Jesus no. Not even close lmao), or "you must be a big deal". It's disconcerting in a way. Lots of unnecessary attention.

I was at a restaurant a few nights ago and while the server didn't say anything to me, I saw her hand it to co workers and they passed it around. One tapped it against the bar. It's sort of weird the fascination that seems to come along with it.
haha yeah I usually get that with the CSP but this card is on a whole new level. It always is a tiny bit awkward when they talk to you like you're a millionaire but you're in line at Target or something. It's like yes, I'm a millionaire, please don't forget to scan my cartwheel app!
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by djtsukasa
haha yeah I usually get that with the CSP but this card is on a whole new level. It always is a tiny bit awkward when they talk to you like you're a millionaire but you're in line at Target or something. It's like yes, I'm a millionaire, please don't forget to scan my cartwheel app!
Same. My CSP got noticed sometimes. Funnily, the ritz card is do heavy that the CSP now feels light to me. Like any other card in my wallet.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
"are you a millionaire?"
Why yes, let me tell you about that first class flight I was on last week before my *flashes card* Ritz Carlton stay
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:29 am

Did anybody have any experience downgrading sign-up bonus from 140k pts to 70k pts with no AF?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:44 am

How long does this card take to arrive. My wife applied and got approved instantly last Thursday ( Aug 14 ) and we still havent got it !
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Abhinavt
How long does this card take to arrive. My wife applied and got approved instantly last Thursday ( Aug 14 ) and we still havent got it !
Apparently it takes a few days to set the account up, and then cards are overnighted to you. I was approved on a Thursday and got the card the following Wednesday. But, I called a few days later to add a card for my wife, and her card arrived 18 hours later. They really do overnight the things to you.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:55 am

Anyone used the $300 credit to pay for TSA Pre Check?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:32 am

Apparently it takes a few days to set the account up, and then cards are overnighted to you. I was approved on a Thursday and got the card the following Wednesday. But, I called a few days later to add a card for my wife, and her card arrived 18 hours later. They really do overnight the things to you.
Ok thanks, that's the sort of timeline I was expecting too so I guess mine is delayed.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
Called in today to ask. Short answer - no. Long answer - there may be a way around it.
My question is if they will combine SO points, or if you have to have a legal marriage document/domestic partnership document. I would doubt they would care all that much, but I also have no experience with Marriott.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by barabuski
My question is if they will combine SO points, or if you have to have a legal marriage document/domestic partnership document. I would doubt they would care all that much, but I also have no experience with Marriott.
Effectively, they made it sound like (and this is just what I took away from it) if you were both living at the same address then you were good to go.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
There's a 70k Marriott business offer now, being discussed within the 70k personal thread.
Yes, thanks Mdtr. I just got a Chase Ink plus earlier this month, and Chase frowns on too many biz apps although I have a legit business, so I will keep an eye on it and apply a few months later. My goal is the next Southwest companion pass, which I have till end of 2015. So I have time to slowly rack up my Marriott points.

I am wondering if this Ritz card is any good for regular spend, just 2x points on dining, nothing as good as the CSP or Ink.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
Effectively, they made it sound like (and this is just what I took away from it) if you were both living at the same address then you were good to go.
And I assume this is more of a registered thing than a legal thing -- I.E. if my S/O and I registered with the same address, no one is probably going to ask too many hard questions?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by bu08usc11
Anyone used the $300 credit to pay for TSA Pre Check?
The T & Cs are pretty clear that that's ok.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by WrightHI
The T & Cs are pretty clear that that's ok.
Word.

I applied over the phone today to get the 140k offer. Before we even started the app the rep told me it would be up to 10 business days to get a decision. Looking at past results it looks like that's pretty common as they review the apps. Some online ones look to be instant. So I'll call Monday to recon to make sure they have everything needed to process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.