Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:44 pm

re

got credit for 2 drinks in Jan. and $90 taxes times 2 on recent award flights to Grand Cayman...they credited the taxes, but gave me a warning that in the future the credit was to be used for inflight purchases and bag fees....not ticket related items....so I might have to rethink keeping the card for another year.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by wise2u
got credit for 2 drinks in Jan. and $90 taxes times 2 on recent award flights to Grand Cayman...they credited the taxes, but gave me a warning that in the future the credit was to be used for inflight purchases and bag fees....not ticket related items....so I might have to rethink keeping the card for another year.
they did the same with me for a meal credit request at the AA Admirals Club.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:59 pm

Just got a letter in the mail today where they've made the card more useful:

1) now get 5 points/$ spend at marriott. (wish they would have done that prior)

2) they're sending out chipped cards.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Is it still worth keeping for $400 fee? Im dropping mine and going with MB Platinum for lounge access.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 6:02 pm

re

this card comes with lounge access, we used it a few times, free for 2 people.
you just have to look and make sure the airports you frequent have a lounge on the plan.
The chip and signature feature is unique and makes this card great for anyone going to Europe, the card also has no exchange fees.
My wife got in on it with the no annual fee offer, we will cancel it when it comes up for renewal. If they arent too picky with the airline incidental credits I would sign up for myself...mainly for the 70k marriott points and then follow up with a marriott card. The T&C allow you to get both bonuses if you get the RC card first, but specifically not the other way around.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Anyone think this offer will be back in a few months? I mean with a fee waived for the first year. (I did not use my 70K from offer I got from a while ago for Marriott.) So adding this to what I have would let me get that vacation package. Hotel stays + miles into my account to use for travel.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by World-Wide
Anyone think this offer will be back in a few months? I mean with a fee waived for the first year. (I did not use my 70K from offer I got from a while ago for Marriott.) So adding this to what I have would let me get that vacation package. Hotel stays + miles into my account to use for travel.
doubtful.

I think the better odds would be another 100k amex platinum offer.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
Is it still worth keeping for $400 fee? Im dropping mine and going with MB Platinum for lounge access.
No. I think the vast majority of people who got this card did so because of the fee waiver. For the cost, it isnt in the same league as the AMEX plat charge card FOR THE ~500/YR pricepoint. (MB, biz or regular) I think in the July 15th timeframe, they will see a rush of cancelations of this card - August 1st will mark the 1 year anniversary (and fee date) of a majority of people who jumped on this offer.
Old May 2, 2013, 7:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread transferred to Credit Card Programs because the offer has expired and there is no longer any buzz.
Old May 4, 2013, 10:37 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I have never been able to use these club level upgrades! Are they for real?

Three tries now, always booking 2-3 weeks in advance, and there are always club level rooms for sale but never any available for upgrade when I try to do it.

Are other people usually able to use this, and I have bad luck, or is it just something Marriott offers on paper and usually not in reality?
Old May 4, 2013, 10:44 pm

Can I use card to pay taxes/fees on AA award flights and get the credit?

or can a AA GC be used to pay taxes/fees on AA?
Old May 18, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, Emirates, BA, Virgin Atlantic, US Airways
After looking at the various posts, looks like I will be canceling this card too.

I have both the Marriot and the RC card and was lucky enough to get both 70K offers. I am thinking of keeping the Marriot card (lower fees plus the free night certificate) despite the devaluation. But the RC card is just too expensive to keep.

Did anyone report successfully getting some kind of a retention offer?
Old May 20, 2013, 3:25 pm

Just realized that I never got the 70,000 pts. (yet another benefit promised but not delivered). Do I call Chase, or call MR for this?
Old May 20, 2013, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
Just realized that I never got the 70,000 pts. (yet another benefit promised but not delivered). Do I call Chase, or call MR for this?
Did u complete the spend requirement? Also by any chance did a new Marriott/RC # got attached to your RC credit card? I never had any problems with Chase - almost flawless execution. You may want to call Chase.
Old May 21, 2013, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by gv111
Did u complete the spend requirement? Also by any chance did a new Marriott/RC # got attached to your RC credit card? I never had any problems with Chase - almost flawless execution. You may want to call Chase.
Hmm. What was the usual spend rqmt? (none mentioned in the OP, and I don't rem. seeing any either, although I used a different offer for 70k points without annual fee waiver because the fee waiver offer was expired.)

The MR# is correct, as printed on the face of my card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.