Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thank you, question answered.

A new question: the AMEX cards that offer the $200 rebate allow it once per calendar year. Thus, one could do it in both Dec 2012 and Jan 2013, assuming that those were the only time in each year the refund was requested. Does this card permit the same, or is it once only?
My understanding is that the $200 credit is per calenday year...I got my card in June and have used my 200 for this year...plan on using my "new" 200 AFTER 1/13
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by PhoenixFF
My understanding is that the $200 credit is per calenday year...I got my card in June and have used my 200 for this year...plan on using my "new" 200 AFTER 1/13
I will be doing the same. That is my understanding as well confirmed with their support.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:37 pm

Is there a # max of meals you can order on the plane (Delta)?

Plan to get about 20 meals on air using $200 on my way back home then keep in the fridge ha.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by midtownj
Is there a # max of meals you can order on the plane (Delta)?

Plan to get about 20 meals on air using $200 on my way back home then keep in the fridge ha.
assuming this is a joke, but IMHO, I dont think the credit card company cares. On the other hand, you're going to have a tough time having the waitresses sell you that many lunches on the plane, since you'll be taking food away from others.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Used this card for the first time at a Ritz Carlton last week. As a platinum with point bonuses I received almost 11,000 points on a $450 room rate (with taxes and parking was about $525) and used my upgrade certificate for the Club Lounge. So I figured I got back about 20% on my room cost in points plus the food in the lounge was worth $50-100 for 2 people
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:43 pm
Community Director Emerita

Have folks had success buying an airline gift card and getting the $200 reimbursed? Conversly, does anyone have a failure to report?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:18 pm

Have folks had success buying an airline gift card and getting the $200 reimbursed? Conversly, does anyone have a failure to report?
Should be no problem...The Ritz folks dont seem to be very interested in the details of the charge....they just looked at my account saw an airline charge and said they would be happy to take care of it...simple as that
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
It works with Chase. U just have to call them.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I got a $50 AA gift card reimbursed. I have just been emailing them and have gotten all my charges- gift card, baggage fees, tax on reward ticket, airlines meals reimbursed with no questions asked. I still have about $50 left for this year.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 8:04 am

Does anyone know if you can use a club upgrade on a reward stay?

I'm considering staying at the Ritz Carlton in Santiago Chile for 4 nights. The rate is a not-terrible $299/night, or 40,000 points.

If I pay 40,000 points, can I use one of the certificates from the RC card to upgrade to the club?

If I pay cash for two rooms (one for me, one for my parents) can I use certificates to upgrade those rooms to the club? Will I earn points on both rooms, or just one?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 8:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by crimson12
Does anyone know if you can use a club upgrade on a reward stay?

I'm considering staying at the Ritz Carlton in Santiago Chile for 4 nights. The rate is a not-terrible $299/night, or 40,000 points.

If I pay 40,000 points, can I use one of the certificates from the RC card to upgrade to the club?

If I pay cash for two rooms (one for me, one for my parents) can I use certificates to upgrade those rooms to the club? Will I earn points on both rooms, or just one?
I believe u need to have a paid stay (probably with RC card) in order to use the upgrade.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by holocker
I got a $50 AA gift card reimbursed. I have just been emailing them and have gotten all my charges- gift card, baggage fees, tax on reward ticket, airlines meals reimbursed with no questions asked. I still have about $50 left for this year.
Great to hear! Thanks for the info, I will be using my credit for gift cards.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
I believe u need to have a paid stay (probably with RC card) in order to use the upgrade.
Can I pay for 3 rooms, and use 3 certs to upgrade each room?

Will I earn points on all 3 rooms?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by crimson12
Can I pay for 3 rooms, and use 3 certs to upgrade each room?

Will I earn points on all 3 rooms?
Probably yes, although u are better off calling RC and confirming with them.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by holocker
Based on your post, I emailed them to request credit for a charge by US Airways - tax on reward ticket - and got this reply:

It appears that the $80.02 charge posted on October 12,
2012 from US Airways is a ticket purchase. If you have
documentation to show that this charge is not a ticket
purchase please forward that information to us for review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.