Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: LH M&M FTL, JMP Palladium (Chase UR), Amex Plat (MR), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by crimson12
I got this card about a week ago and used it. My Marriott status has been upgraded to Gold. But this card still doesn't show up on my Chase account profile. Every other Chase card I got (UA, CO, CSP, BA) showed up there automatically before I even received it. Anyone else have this issue? Will it just work itself out over time? (I pay all bills online and don't want to miss anything because this doesn't show up.)
Have you tried manually adding it on the Chase website? After you log in, on the top right click "Customize Accounts" then "Add Account". I had to do that with my most recent Chase card.

On a separate topic, I tried asking this on the Marriott forums, but all the recent RC card owners seem to be active in this thread so I will try again:

I now have the RC Card. Reading the T&C, one thing is not quite clear...

("Account Year" means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement after the anniversary of your account open date, and each 12 billing cycles thereafter.) Each Account Year you make purchases totaling $10,000 or more, including during your first Account Year, you will qualify for Gold Elite Status through December 31 of the following year.
So if I start using this card in August (now), and I hit $10k in spend before 2012 ends, would I be granted Gold Elite Status through 2013, or would it apply to the year following the completion of my "Account Year", so 2014?

This is a very material difference because if it were the former, I would want to hold back on spending to make sure the renewed Gold Status would not trigger in 2012. Interpretations on this?

Arthur

Last edited by ArthurSFO; Aug 7, 2012 at 4:03 pm Reason: adding question
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by tinystarr
AMEX SPG or this? What do you guys recommend?
Both, of course!

If you must choose only one I'd probably go with the SPG just because of the transfer options to airlines.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by ArthurSFO

So if I start using this card in August (now), and I hit $10k in spend before 2012 ends, would I be granted Gold Elite Status through 2013, or would it apply to the year following the completion of my "Account Year", so 2014?

This is a very material difference because if it were the former, I would want to hold back on spending to make sure the renewed Gold Status would not trigger in 2012. Interpretations on this?

Arthur
I too have analyzed this in depth. If in fact reaching 10k in 2012 gives Gold until 2014, that means recently opened accounts would keep gold status to end of 2013, regardless of spend as it seems the status is done on a fiscal year basis. Regardless, I decided I won't spend the $10k until 2013 to remove any chance of Marriott screwing this up.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12
I got this card about a week ago and used it. My Marriott status has been upgraded to Gold. But this card still doesn't show up on my Chase account profile. Every other Chase card I got (UA, CO, CSP, BA) showed up there automatically before I even received it. Anyone else have this issue? Will it just work itself out over time? (I pay all bills online and don't want to miss anything because this doesn't show up.)
Yea, same situation here. It took them about a week to add the new ritz card to my chase online profile. Trying to manually add it did not work. Just had to wait.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tinystarr
AMEX SPG or this? What do you guys recommend?
Well, let's make it easy. Unless I'm missing some vital information, the RC offer has expired. So it's SPG all the way.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:05 am

I sent a secure message and they added my RC account on Chase.com within 2 hours and apologized for the system hiccup
Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:09 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

It's clear that some people don't bother to read any of the thread or even search before they post a question.

I know. Just another day at FT.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: Too many to list
Reporting live from Premier Lounge in CGK (Jakarta) Airport. According to them Lounge Club stopped their cooperation 3 month ago. I was denied entrance with lounge club card, but was able to use my AA status and F tickets out of NRt to get in. Real s**tstain on behalf on lounge club.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Just used the so-called Lounge at the Guayaquil Airport and it's worthless. Your Master Bedroom is probably bigger than this lounge, which had a concrete floor to boot! We almost didn't go in when we opened the door and saw how big it was, but the receptionist was standing there to greet us. Then, after presenting my LC card, she asked what form of payment I'd be using for my wife and I said none because the card should cover both of us. She said she'd never heard of that so I picked up my suitcase, asked for my card and said to my wife "let's go." She then backed down and told us to go ahead and have a seat while she checked. We did, but all they had in terms of food were potato chips, pretzels, carrots, celery sticks and some kind of dip and a soft drink machine like you find in Pizza Hut where you fill your own cup. The liquor was locked in a glass cabinet and the beer was in a refrigerator under the reception desk!

Lounge Club should be ashamed to even put its name of this "Club."
Old Aug 10, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
I think you mean "Priority Pass Select" when you said "Priority Club Select". In fact, Lounge Club is a subset of Priority Pass Select, 350 lounges vs. 600 lounges.

When I called them up, they confirmed that with R-C Visa's LC, you can bring two guests for free. In this sense, it is a little better than PPS that it replaced - R-C Visa's PPS only allowed one free guest.

Originally Posted by nasmaster007
Can anyone explain the Lounge Club and what exactly it means to have a membership?

From what I understand, this is a rebranding of Priority Club Select and it's benefits depend on the card it was issued from. In this case, the terms suggest that entry into the clubs is complimentary (but don't come out and say it) and they say nothing about bringing in guests. Can anyone supply experiences? Is it YMMV based on the lounge?

From the Lounge Club T&C:

"Where applicable, your designated card will be charged for each visit as well as the same amount for each accompanying guest"

From Ritz Card T&C:

"As a cardmember, you receive complimentary membership in LOUNGE CLUBTM, entitling you to unlimited access to hundreds of airport lounges worldwide."
Old Aug 11, 2012, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by ArthurSFO
Arthur
My interpretation is that if you hit $10k of spending in 2012, you get Gold status 1/1/13 through 12/31/13. The Silver/Gold/Platinum status determination (number of paid nights) has always been made in one year and applies for the entire following calendar year. My interpretation would be consistent with that determination.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: LH M&M FTL, JMP Palladium (Chase UR), Amex Plat (MR), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Long Islander
My interpretation is that if you hit $10k of spending in 2012, you get Gold status 1/1/13 through 12/31/13. The Silver/Gold/Platinum status determination (number of paid nights) has always been made in one year and applies for the entire following calendar year. My interpretation would be consistent with that determination.
The more I think about it, the more this would be a total mess. I hope it works the other way. Let's look at an example:

I get my card in November 2012, so my Account Year is Nov-Nov. I immediately make a large purchase of $10,000, so my Gold Status renews immediately for 2013. Next year (in 2013), I continue to accrue purchases under my first Account Year (but that will not count towards a new $10000 spending goal, obviously, since I am still under the same Account Year). Then in 2013, my Account Year will reset in Nov, and my Gold Status is also set to expire at the end of 2013, just 2 months (or less) later. If I do not immediately spend $10,000 in the last 2 months of the year (the first 2 months of my new Account Year), I have no Gold Status through all of 2014?

If it works this way, the later in the year you start your Account Year the more of a mess you would have.

Like a previous poster stated, in any case, I have my card so I am Aug-Aug, and I will make sure I hit my 10k in the first half of each year. I fear that if you were to ask 3 CS reps about this you could easily get 3 different answers.

Arthur

Last edited by ArthurSFO; Aug 12, 2012 at 4:52 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I have called and spoken to 2 Ritz Carlton reps and have gotten different answers regarding the Marriott status. Was told by one it is account year and the other calendar year, however they did not know that the status is good from Feb-Feb so I don't know how that can work if it is account year.

Also any one had any luck using the $100 credit certificate. The 2 hotels I have tried using it at, the room would cost me $100 more per night to use the $100 credit for a 2 night stay.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:04 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Is this offer still valid? Or did it expire July 25 2012?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:56 am

Its expired already....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.