Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 12, 16, 2:02 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Wiki Link
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 17, 15, 9:59 pm

Another data point - I purchased a $75 southwest gift cert and it was also approved today via sm, no questions asked. I purchased a physical gift cert so with shipping the total was more like $78.
Old Nov 19, 15, 1:06 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by jimmathin View Post
This would be awesome news if its not a one-off mistake. I signed up at the beginning of October and am currently holding off on spend until December so that I can use the Certs in June or July next year. It would be nice to not have to plan it down to the day for the trip I'm planning...

Marriott/Ritz will extend damn near any certificate you ask them to.
Old Nov 23, 15, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by rbw5t View Post
So, of course no one knows, but is there any speculation of a return at any point of the 140K point offer ?
seems to return with every new year
Old Nov 24, 15, 6:38 pm

I had reduced my credit limit to $1500 last year, and these past few weeks I've cycled through it multiple times in order to reach the $10k annual spend to maintain Gold status. I've just noticed they increased my credit limit back to $3000 without me asking!
Old Nov 26, 15, 11:53 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Plat AMB, HH Diamond, Delta Silver, Finnair Silver
Originally Posted by teammjs View Post
Mia,

I think there are 2 issues:

1) the link you show is "new" (at least not part of the Wiki), clearly has the terms, but requires $4k spend.

2) the link I used a few months ago was a "standard" $3k spend with 6 months given for the cert expirations. In fact, if you click on the link in the Wiki, it still shows as 6 months in the terms.

I think the main question is: has Chase gone ahead and converted any new certs issued to 12 months regardless of the offer people signed up for? I purposely delayed getting the certs for 2 months to time the 6 months, so I may be one of the first to report a possible change.

The bottom-line is that people at minimum have a choice: they can apply for the "new" links that will definitely provide 12 months but require an extra $1k spend, or they can talk a chance and apply on a legacy $3k link and see if they will get the 12 months anyway.

It may be worth the extra $1k spend requirement for some to apply and know they can use the certs longer, unless others are reporting the same favorable outcome I have.
Originally Posted by mk712 View Post
Yes, it's been like this since April, this was covered a few months ago : http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-...-for-one-year/ (this refers to Marriott certificates but I would assume the Ritz certificates followed the same procedures)
I can also confirm now that I was approved October 1 with the $3,000/3 months = 2 certificates valid for 6 months and they were valid for 12 months when awarded today.
Old Dec 4, 15, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by leeflyer View Post
Used card for United Gift Registry in June 2015; Chase statement shows "GFT REG"! PMed Chase for reimbursements and they asked for proof. Am I the only one? anyway to get around it? I am going to buy American e-gift, hope it works.
So United Gift Registry no longer works?
Old Dec 5, 15, 4:00 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by presario1626 View Post
So United Gift Registry no longer works?
i did one for $150 earlier in the year, and it went through.

i called about a second, i did a few months later, and they said no, and told me the last rep made a mistake.

i have called back recently, and explained that the Gift Registry is used for all the eligible spend benefits, ie seat upgrades, additional baggage costs,to no avail.

the rep told me it is coded the same as Gift Cards, and is not eligible.

a pity when in reality, the GR can be used for all the eligible spend criteria.

Last edited by Tim O'Brien; Dec 5, 15 at 4:10 pm
Old Dec 7, 15, 3:08 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien View Post
i did one for $150 earlier in the year, and it went through.

i called about a second, i did a few months later, and they said no, and told me the last rep made a mistake.

i have called back recently, and explained that the Gift Registry is used for all the eligible spend benefits, ie seat upgrades, additional baggage costs,to no avail.

the rep told me it is coded the same as Gift Cards, and is not eligible.

a pity when in reality, the GR can be used for all the eligible spend criteria.
Gift registry looked like a baggage fee or other type of charge until sometime in summer 2015, when it starting including "GFT REG" on the statement, at which point they all started getting declined.
Old Dec 7, 15, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by 1353513636 View Post
Gift registry looked like a baggage fee or other type of charge until sometime in summer 2015, when it starting including "GFT REG" on the statement, at which point they all started getting declined.
thks for the info^

still disappointed they don't regard UA Gift Registry as a legitimate refundable spend category, given the UA Gift Registry, can be utilised for all the regular creditable categories, ie upgrades, excess baggage charges, lounge access, or membership, etc.
Old Dec 7, 15, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien View Post
thks for the info^

still disappointed they don't regard UA Gift Registry as a legitimate refundable spend category, given the UA Gift Registry, can be utilised for all the regular creditable categories, ie upgrades, excess baggage charges, lounge access, or membership, etc.
You can also use it to purchase tickets, which is not a refundable expense. Using your logic then they should just give you $300 cash since you could use it to pay for eligible expenses
Old Dec 7, 15, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by travelfreaks View Post
You can also use it to purchase tickets, which is not a refundable expense. Using your logic then they should just give you $300 cash since you could use it to pay for eligible expenses
yes, i don't know why they don't make it refundable for tickets either^
Old Dec 7, 15, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636 View Post
This makes it almost impossible to use the $300 benefit, as I get pretty much all of the fees waived with United with my status. Seriously thinking about cancelling the card now.
Old Dec 10, 15, 6:16 pm

So, I had the RC card and got the MR/RC gold status that comes with it. Spent over $10K on it that would extend the gold status another year, but I did close the card afterwards (a good 6 months after hitting that $10K). Logged into Marriott, looks like they recently downgraded me to silver, when I Should have gold for another 8 months or so. Is this because I cancelled the card? Thought gold would extend for another year regardless..?
Old Dec 10, 15, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by djtsukasa View Post
So, I had the RC card and got the MR/RC gold status that comes with it. Spent over $10K on it that would extend the gold status another year, but I did close the card afterwards (a good 6 months after hitting that $10K). Logged into Marriott, looks like they recently downgraded me to silver, when I Should have gold for another 8 months or so. Is this because I cancelled the card? Thought gold would extend for another year regardless..?
status is linked to card...cxl card=lose status
Old Dec 11, 15, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by travelfreaks View Post
status is linked to card...cxl card=lose status
aa alright, thanks. Off to Hyatt I go, then! haha

Search this Thread
Search Engine: