Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 12, 16, 2:02 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Wiki Link
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html




===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.


Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)


Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)



The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.



[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.


[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 18, 15, 5:06 pm
  #2401  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SMF
Posts: 1,245
Originally Posted by acslaterbro View Post
Any update on the fee reappearing?
I just had my statement close and it did not reappear.
Big4Flyer is offline  
Old Jul 18, 15, 7:39 pm
  #2402  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer View Post
I just had my statement close and it did not reappear.
What did you raise it to? I hate having this 1200 credit limit.
acslaterbro is offline  
Old Jul 18, 15, 8:52 pm
  #2403  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 441
Originally Posted by hiima View Post
What's a wiki? (I'm on mobile)
I can see it on my mobile, so not much of an excuse
travelfreaks is offline  
Old Jul 22, 15, 8:49 am
  #2404  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer View Post
I just had my statement close and it did not reappear.
any update on what you raised the limit to and if the fee reposted?
acslaterbro is offline  
Old Jul 22, 15, 10:22 am
  #2405  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: PHX, ORD, MDW
Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 280
Originally Posted by ryanmcv View Post
I just received a response stating that they will match the 140k offer:
Quick update on my request to be matched to the 140k offer: I recently met the $3,000 spending requirement and sent a SM requesting that the two free night certificates be exchanged for 140k points. Just received a response:

Originally Posted by Chase
Your current enrollment bonus offers 2 complimentary night stay at The Ritz-Carlton, tiers 1-4, after you spend $2,000 in the first three months of opening your account.

We're pleased to be able to match another enrollment bonus to receive 140,000 points for spending $3,000 within the first 3 months of opening your account.

Here's what will happen next:

- The 140,000 points will be transmitted to Ritz-Carlton Rewards after your next billing statement.
- Allow 3 to 5 business days from the statement date for the points to post at Ritz-Carlton Rewards.
- The 2 complimentary night stay at The Ritz-Carlton, tiers 1-4 has been removed from your account at Ritz-Carlton Rewards.
Great customer service from Chase. ^
ryanmcv is offline  
Old Jul 22, 15, 10:51 am
  #2406  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SMF
Posts: 1,245
Originally Posted by acslaterbro View Post
any update on what you raised the limit to and if the fee reposted?
Just to clarify, I didn't request a CL increase as that would generate a HP, but I did transfer some of my credit from another card that brought my CL on the RC up to $4000. The annual fee did not reappear.
Big4Flyer is offline  
Old Jul 22, 15, 6:17 pm
  #2407  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 95
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer View Post
Just to clarify, I didn't request a CL increase as that would generate a HP, but I did transfer some of my credit from another card that brought my CL on the RC up to $4000. The annual fee did not reappear.
Thanks for the information.
Jetlagged Traveler is offline  
Old Jul 24, 15, 11:23 am
  #2408  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer View Post
Just to clarify, I didn't request a CL increase as that would generate a HP, but I did transfer some of my credit from another card that brought my CL on the RC up to $4000. The annual fee did not reappear.
I understand what you were saying, I had transferred it over to another card as well. I just did not want the annual fee to reappear. Thanks
acslaterbro is offline  
Old Jul 25, 15, 2:04 pm
  #2409  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Detroit, Michigan USA
Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta FO
Posts: 5,356
Originally Posted by ryanmcv View Post
Quick update on my request to be matched to the 140k offer: I recently met the $3,000 spending requirement and sent a SM requesting that the two free night certificates be exchanged for 140k points. Just received a response:


Quote:


Originally Posted by Chase

Your current enrollment bonus offers 2 complimentary night stay at The Ritz-Carlton, tiers 1-4, after you spend $2,000 in the first three months of opening your account.

We're pleased to be able to match another enrollment bonus to receive 140,000 points for spending $3,000 within the first 3 months of opening your account.

Here's what will happen next:

- The 140,000 points will be transmitted to Ritz-Carlton Rewards after your next billing statement.
- Allow 3 to 5 business days from the statement date for the points to post at Ritz-Carlton Rewards.
- The 2 complimentary night stay at The Ritz-Carlton, tiers 1-4 has been removed from your account at Ritz-Carlton Rewards.

Great customer service from Chase.
Would probably do this if your result is guaranteed. But, it appears results are on a case-by-case basis and probably depending on who handles the request. Oh well, maybe Chase will re-open the offer.
ohmark is offline  
Old Jul 26, 15, 9:47 am
  #2410  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Southwest CP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 702
Originally Posted by ohmark View Post
Would probably do this if your result is guaranteed. But, it appears results are on a case-by-case basis and probably depending on who handles the request. Oh well, maybe Chase will re-open the offer.
The post had also intrigued me but then I realized it was an update from an SM request dating back to May. Not a very useful datapoint for today.
Willbur is offline  
Old Jul 26, 15, 10:29 am
  #2411  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 20
I'm at $2500 spending on my new-ish R-C card. I opened it (late June) when I thought I could get the 140k points offer matched. Shortly thereafter I read reports of it not being matched. I was sad. I'm not sure if ryanmcv is saying that the 140k offer was matched recently, or if someone else is saying it was back in May.

I was powering through my bonus spend trying to get it done ASAP, then stopped thinking maybe I'd be better off seeing if the offer re-appeared at the end of the summer.

So HAS anyone recently (like in the last month) gotten 140k deal?

And if I am going to try to get it (and it's not currently offered) would my best bet be to call or SM? If I'm told no, is it a matter of trying again for another rep, or do they track that?

TIA.
cal_quail is offline  
Old Jul 26, 15, 7:01 pm
  #2412  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Southwest CP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 702
Originally Posted by cal_quail View Post
I'm at $2500 spending on my new-ish R-C card. I opened it (late June) when I thought I could get the 140k points offer matched. Shortly thereafter I read reports of it not being matched. I was sad. I'm not sure if ryanmcv is saying that the 140k offer was matched recently, or if someone else is saying it was back in May.

I was powering through my bonus spend trying to get it done ASAP, then stopped thinking maybe I'd be better off seeing if the offer re-appeared at the end of the summer.

So HAS anyone recently (like in the last month) gotten 140k deal?

And if I am going to try to get it (and it's not currently offered) would my best bet be to call or SM? If I'm told no, is it a matter of trying again for another rep, or do they track that?

TIA.
I haven't seen any reports of success but let us know how it goes. Also haven't seen many people try recently. I'd call first, maybe a few times, and then SM.
Willbur is offline  
Old Jul 26, 15, 9:17 pm
  #2413  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: PHX, ORD, MDW
Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 280
Originally Posted by Willbur View Post
The post had also intrigued me but then I realized it was an update from an SM request dating back to May. Not a very useful datapoint for today.
Sorry for the confusion. It was really meant as a datapoint for others who were successful in getting Chase to match the 140k offer back in April/May.
ryanmcv is offline  
Old Jul 28, 15, 11:07 am
  #2414  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 259
Hi,

Has anyone gotten reimburse for award tax fee and United Gift Registry?

I got reimbursement for Southwest award tax fee a few months back and also had no problem with the United Gift Registry back earlier this year. (all thru Chase SM)

Just submitted the same reimbursement claim via Chase SM, but got denied for both.

should I try again via Chase SM?
is calling the only way work now?

What has been reimbursed recently?

thanks.
apple1122 is offline  
Old Jul 29, 15, 3:27 pm
  #2415  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 70
Has anyone caught any flak for reducing the CL yet?
mtrsprt56 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: