Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Wally3433
I would agree that NDN knowingly submitted and received a refund for something that he should not have. Have banks ever knowingly charged you fees for something they should not have? Likely yes.

It's hard to get excited about this part of the "game". Everyone is getting what they bargained for - just a little quicker. Frontier gets revenue, Chase gets revenue from the CC fees and Chase/Ritz have marketing costs. NDN gets $300 of his annual fee back - in the same month Chase charged him $395 (in advance, of course).

We all know that the agreements we sign with both Chase and Ritz/Marriott are very overhanded in favor of them. In addition, they can change those terms the day after you sign it. We all know that they have done so - again in their favor. Both parties bargained for and accepted those terms - I get it.

But, if Chase cannot set up a control to stop this, then it's their loss. Or maybe they can tell NDN's charge was for a flight and they just don't care.

Lastly, everyone on this thread knows that this card's "Game" is the annual fee. This card has a long, complicated, well thought out set of benefits for the user - even some escalated benefits for heavy users. But without the $300 travel credit feature, nobody that is smart is signing up for this card. Even with that feature, there are alot who think (rightfully so) that there are better credit cards out there.

The way I see it - NDN got aggressive with the terms and conditions. He played a good game.
You dont seem to understand the point. He just simply said it was dishonest, and it was, because he said it was bags when they were tickets. Not saying that banks are good guys and we are victims or that we are playing a game Or that the OP is a bad person. He was just saying he lied
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:22 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Wally3433
I would agree that NDN knowingly submitted and received a refund for something that he should not have. Have banks ever knowingly charged you fees for something they should not have? Likely yes.

It's hard to get excited about this part of the "game". Everyone is getting what they bargained for - just a little quicker. Frontier gets revenue, Chase gets revenue from the CC fees and Chase/Ritz have marketing costs. NDN gets $300 of his annual fee back - in the same month Chase charged him $395 (in advance, of course).

We all know that the agreements we sign with both Chase and Ritz/Marriott are very overhanded in favor of them. In addition, they can change those terms the day after you sign it. We all know that they have done so - again in their favor. Both parties bargained for and accepted those terms - I get it.

But, if Chase cannot set up a control to stop this, then it's their loss. Or maybe they can tell NDN's charge was for a flight and they just don't care.

Lastly, everyone on this thread knows that this card's "Game" is the annual fee. This card has a long, complicated, well thought out set of benefits for the user - even some escalated benefits for heavy users. But without the $300 travel credit feature, nobody that is smart is signing up for this card. Even with that feature, there are alot who think (rightfully so) that there are better credit cards out there.

The way I see it - NDN got aggressive with the terms and conditions. He played a good game.
Hey hey..I am not the one who lied about anything! It was the other poster.

I play by the rules I signed up for. Fraud isn't in me.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by NDN

How's it any different than going out and buying gift cards and using them to buy tickets and getting the gift cards reimbursed?

Simply took out the middle step.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:03 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by TGotts469
Quote:

Originally Posted by NDN

How's it any different than going out and buying gift cards and using them to buy tickets and getting the gift cards reimbursed?

Simply took out the middle step.
Gift cards are not a eligible expense either...
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Gift cards are not a eligible expense either...
Not saying they are technically "eligible", but that people use them as their "incidentals" reimbursement anyways.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:59 pm

$75 UA gift registry was denied for reimbursement. CSR says it shows up as a gift card. Bummer.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:57 pm

Does the AF needs to be paid before you can receive the sign-up bonus? For example, if you were approved for card on 6/1, Reduced CL to $1,500 or lower on 6/15, and met spending requirement on 7/1, would you receive the bonus or would you need to wait until after having received the bonus to reduce the CL?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: Marriott
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Does the AF needs to be paid before you can receive the sign-up bonus? For example, if you were approved for card on 6/1, Reduced CL to $1,500 or lower on 6/15, and met spending requirement on 7/1, would you receive the bonus or would you need to wait until after having received the bonus to reduce the CL?
I have the 140k points in my Marriott account and could use them today. Fee hits the first statement. So, you could do it all in the same month, as long as you spend the 3k.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:42 pm

I applied and was approved. I am going to wait until the card shows in my account but, what messages did you send in that worked to chase to get the 140K? Also, how long did you wait to drop the credit line? What did you have to say or did you do that via message was well? Any help would be great! Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by acslaterbro
If you dont mind me asking what was the message you sent in?
I always send the same one.

"I applied for [card name] under offer [terms]. I have since heard of offer [other terms]. Is it possible for me to switch to that offer?

[polite closing]"

I think I made it the last or second to last day they matched 140K, based on the last page.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:27 pm

I applied and was approved. I am going to wait until the card shows in my account but, what messages did you send in that worked to chase to get the 140K? Also, how long did you wait to drop the credit line? What did you have to say or did you do that via message was well? Any help would be great! Thanks
You're welcome to ask for the switch but based on reports here you won't be approved. I got in on the last day and after that, starting with June 10, there haven't been any approved switches to the old offer. As for switching the credit line, there's no specific wording you need, just ask.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:40 pm

I guess I can only try at this point! I know you touched on it but how long should I wait to lower the credit limit? I will do the spending asap, but lower the credit limit before the fee posts or after?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:36 am

I guess I can only try at this point! I know you touched on it but how long should I wait to lower the credit limit? I will do the spending asap, but lower the credit limit before the fee posts or after?
I did it before so the AF will never even post. That's why my fear is that the bonus won't post since some require the payment of the AF before you receive the bonus, hence my question above. I read through the t&c's and didn't see anything about it so we will see. I'll update on my results and when I receive the bonus.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:57 am

Personally I'd wait to get the bonus and any airline credits (if going to do GCs or something quick).
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by tnpatterson
$75 UA gift registry was denied for reimbursement. CSR says it shows up as a gift card. Bummer.
Argh, first time I hear of this. This sucks. I did 4 x $75 in 2014 and 2 x $75 this year, all of them were reimbursed without trouble.

Thankfully I already maxed out my 2015 credit, but I was planning on doing another 4 x $75 in January right before closing my card... sounds like I should tread lightly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.